Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone recommend sonething to seal up corrugated steel shed?

• 30-05-2012 10:08am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 374 ✭✭

Hi all,

My boss wants me to seal up the store room in work cause we had a bad infestation in there but rentokil have been out and the infestion is gone now but we need to seal up the corrugated gaps. I was looking at expanding foam but I believe they can eat through that and the copper wool id worry they would just be able to push it through as there is nothing stopping it from coming out either side.

Anyone any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,714 ✭✭✭brian_t

How about mortar or concrete.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 374 ✭✭Gingernuts31

Thanks, I'm no good at mixing concrete, couldn't even use one from a tub I got in lidl before, ended up sticking to the trowel :o. Motar, I have no idea what that is but if it needs mixing forget it, unless its adding so many litres of water to the mix then can do that. Know prob same with concrete but like I said im useless at that stuff. Any other suggestions or is the motar/concrete best option?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,714 ✭✭✭brian_t

Mortar, I have no idea what that is but if it needs mixing forget it

Concrete is basically a mixture of gravel and cement.
    Mortar is basically a mixture of sand and cement.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 healyon

Would wire wool and expanding foam work they wont eat through metal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 374 ✭✭Gingernuts31

Im on a push bike so getting heavy stuff like thatI've read the wirewool and foam together work alright. Which wirewool though? Found some on handyhardware and there is fair few different ones. Be it fine, medium or coarse.

• Advertisement
Advertisement