Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

10mm rebar to support formwork

• 30-05-2012 10:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭

Hi
    I've got to cut lengths of rebar to support plywood for formwork
    for concrete steps. Problem is I need a lot of it. 2 sets of steps for patio doors
    one for front door and one for rear. Also ground is so hard that I would need to put a point on each piece of bar i cut. Can anyone think of an easier way of doing this? or is there? At the moment id probably need about 70-80 lengths.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

Espoo wrote: »
    Hi
    I've got to cut lengths of rebar to support plywood for formwork
    for concrete steps. Problem is I need a lot of it. 2 sets of steps for patio doors
    one for front door and one for rear. Also ground is so hard that I would need to put a point on each piece of bar i cut. Can anyone think of an easier way of doing this? or is there? At the moment id probably need about 70-80 lengths.

Cheers

Can you not make a complete form to pour the concrete into? I can't see why you need all the rebar for support. You should really be using it as reinforcement in the concrete you will pour into the form

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Espoo

Thanks Galway
    Yeah Im probably over estimating the amount of rebar alright and it'd better be served inside the form.

Advertisement