Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Excel 2007

Options
  • 30-05-2012 10:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

Hi,

I am copying some information from an Excel 2007 spreadsheet. In just one of the columns, all the cells (after I copy them to a new spreadsheet) suddenly now contain inverted commas. Basically all the text in each cell is now in an inverted comma.

Could you please help me to remove this? Ideally if I can highlight the entire column and then do something to remove these inverted commas (either before or after I copy and paste them)?

Best regards,
    Warrior Monk

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

I'm not 100% sure what the exact problem is but it's one or the other below.

Use the find and replace all function to change the ' to whatever you want.
    With the excel sheet open hit "ctrl f" and choose the "Replace" tab.

Or instead paste values using the paste special function.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭Sup08

You may be copying text from a CSV file and therefore the sperator might be inverted commas.
    You could re-save the file as an other named workbook (keeping the original) and then copy the information from the new named workbook and paste it without the commas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭fionny

If you do paste special / values does it happen also?

Advertisement