Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Olympic Torch relay - Are you looking forward to its arrival, and will you be there?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Nodin wrote: »
    I think thats what the OP is hoping for.

Go away Nodin, after four pages this thread is doing just fine without you.

Personally I think its a great idea running the torch through Dublin, and lets face it, London is the closest the Olympics is ever going to get to here, so why not have the flame here for a day? I think it will be an inspiration to all Irish athletes. Still can't see the point of Jedward running with the torch though :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭micropig

LordSutch wrote: »
    Go away Nodin, after four pages this thread is doing just fine without you.

Personally I think its a great idea running the torch through Dublin, and lets face it, London is the closest the Olympics is ever going to get to here, so why not have the flame here for a day? I think it will be an inspiration to all Irish athletes. Still can't see the point of Jedward running with the torch though :(

I'll definitely go. I was in Taunton last week with William Will.i.am carrying it. The atmosphere was electric. Great party. What day is it passing through Tipperary?

Some schools in the England won't let their children out to see it though, in case a peado snatched the childer:rolleyes: Health and safety gone mad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

phasers wrote: »
    Did you steal that joke from Have I Got News for you?

Yes, I even posted it in William Shatner's voice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Yeah I'd like Sonia, Ken and Paddy Barnes to take part, maybe also ask the late Darren Sutherland's father to do it.

I don't know about the others, but Tony Sutherland will be carrying the torch which is a nice tribute to Darren.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/darrens-dad-to-hold-olympic-torch-for-boxer-son-3103878.html
    Mr Sutherland said: "I'm delighted. It's a small price to pay for the young fella . . . for all he has done for us as a family.

"I just hope he's up there and looking down on us and smiling."

Mr Sutherland said he hopes he will be able to wear Darren's bronze medal during the relay.

Edit: Sonia is listed in that article as another Torch-bearer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

I watched the torch bearer run through our local town for the special olympics.

How insensitive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭davetherave

I'll have a look at it over here. Shur you'd never know when you'd see it again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

I don't really think the olympics are what they used to be. These days it's nothing special and you can see better on eurosport etc. I wouldn't be bothered seeing someone running with the torch to be honest. I saw it in 1992 when it passed through Mallorca on it's way to Barcelona and back then it was a big deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

...what if we were all given torches and allowed run after Jedward? That sounds more engaging.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

smash wrote: »
    I don't really think the olympics are what they used to be. These days it's nothing special and you can see better on eurosport etc.

Can't wait for Usain Bolt in the 100m and 200m though . . . . .

Beep beep!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

smash wrote: »
    These days it's nothing special and you can see better on eurosport etc.

What in the name of bejaysus do you ever see on Eurosport that is better than the Olympics? :eek:

The Olympics is as good as it ever was. It will have unforgettable drama, tension and emotion once again this year.

Meanwhile Eurosport can continue with Crossfit training and Snooker trick shots and the like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,939 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

Skid wrote: »
    Meanwhile Eurosport can continue with Crossfit training and Snooker trick shots and the like.

don't forget darts with those cheapass looking darts boards with the holes already in them!

Advertisement