Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chances of self build mortgage approval

Options
  • 30-05-2012 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi all,
    New to this forum so bare with me. I'm looking for advice on a self build mortgage application and what you all think our chances of getting approved are. We have bought a site for €27,000 and are after getting full planning permission. We have €20,000 in savings. My boyfriend is a carpenter in full time employment and is making €18200 take home pay a year. I am self employed for just over 2 years and last year i made €10500 take home pay. We would be looking for a mortgage of about €100,000. My boyfriend and my dad will be doing most of the work, so it's mostly for materials, just need a plumber and an electrician but they are friends too, so we will be getting a good price. We are both 23 years old, have no dependants or loans. We are saving about €1500 a month between us and we are both living at home. Would just like to know what you think our chances of being approved are and what banks do you think would be best for a self build mortgage? Thanks.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement