Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Intel 162000SqM Plant

Options
  • 30-05-2012 11:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭

Hopefully the council will grant planning permission for this new FAB. 1000 constriction jobs alone, to say nothing of the actual intel employees who will be working there.

Before anyone asks, I'm not an Intel worker, and live close enough to the facility

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,820 ✭✭✭✭L1011

The majority of the work is an internal refit to existing, out of use plants. Nothing to give/deny permission for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Apart from construction it will result in no new jobs. The staff who will be working there are currently seconded to their city sized plant in Nevada. They're waiting for this to be granted permission (tax relief permission) before starting construction and then all the staff in Nevada will move back home.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

MYOB wrote: »
    The majority of the work is an internal refit to existing, out of use plants. Nothing to give/deny permission for.

Not that I'm aware of...its a new building. The rec centre has already been demolished and this new building is to be located west side of the site

The existing cleanrooms on site have an area of about 400,000 sq ft
    This planning is for what they give the term superfab. The cleanroom alone will be at least double the size of whats onsite already

Orion wrote: »
    Apart from construction it will result in no new jobs. The staff who will be working there are currently seconded to their city sized plant in Nevada. They're waiting for this to be granted permission (tax relief permission) before starting construction and then all the staff in Nevada will move back home.

These people in the US will be back to start up fab14 which is expected to kick off shortly...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

See PP application 12435 on Kildare Co Co website.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,878 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Orion wrote: »

Where in Nevada? :confused:

n97 mini wrote: »
    See PP application 12435 on Kildare Co Co website.

Ya its a new building as confirmed on the Kildare Planning site

I was in there today and its all positive. A lot of the original buildings dating back to when they first came here are already gone and there is a lot of work going on there

There is also a car park being built by Leixlip Amenity Centre to house the construction cars when this all kicks off

As I guessed the 162,000sq m is a combination of fab & office space but the main manufacturing area will be at least twice the size of what is already there so its good for the area and surroundings for jobs for many years to come
    Zebra3 wrote: »

Not sure they are in Nevada...most in Phoenix afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

There's no fab in Nevada. And Orion's post is misinformed about most of the other things as well...

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Origipolo

Agree with Arciphel about misinformation on all counts. There is no fab in Nevada, the guys in Ireland were assigned to New Mexico F11x, Arizona F32 and Oregon DID/DIC.. or... perhaps Orion knows of the existance of a fab alongside Area51 in Nevada..??

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭loremolis

I bet they get planning permission for this.

162,000 x 75 = €12,150,000 in development levies.

Not to mention rates.

I'll bet that all 4 Dublin authorities didn't collect that in the last 2 years.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

Well they got it.....

http://www.siliconrepublic.com/business/item/28815-intel-gets-go-ahead-to/

now....about that room i have to rent out, about 5 minutes walk away from the plant.... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,697 ✭✭✭brian_t

Zebra3 wrote: »

Intel's Folsom campus is located in the foothills of the Sierra Nevada mountain range near Sacramento, California.

http://www.intel.com/jobs/usa/sites/folsom/index.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

brian_t wrote: »
    Intel's Folsom campus is located in the foothills of the Sierra Nevada mountain range near Sacramento, California.

http://www.intel.com/jobs/usa/sites/folsom/index.htm

The moutains may be called the Sierra Nevadas, but it's not in Nevada :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,697 ✭✭✭brian_t

Arciphel wrote: »
    The moutains may be called the Sierra Nevadas, but it's not in Nevada :pac::pac::pac:
    No, they are in
    brian_t wrote: »
    California.
    ;)

Advertisement