Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

fjr battery

• 30-05-2012 12:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 420 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I have a 05 yamaha fjr, and the battery keeps draining on it when parked for a few weeks.there is an alarm/immobilisor fitted, so that's the probable cause!
    What i need to know is will the battery, when charged up, stay charged by driving the bike?basically I've charged up a flat battery and want to know will it stay charged after a good spin...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭Wossack

yep

battery is only really used to crank the starter. its a big enough hit on the battery mind, but after 20 or 30 mins, the costs of starting it are 'repaid' by the charging system and it'll just keep the battery peaked

battery might just be old though, and no longer holding a charge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 420 ✭✭tomtucker81

Yeah it didn't hold the charge, even after a good drive. New battery purchased!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,412 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

If it's only being run every few weeks then there'll be problems even without an alarm.
    Get an Optimate or similar.

Scrap the cap!

Advertisement