Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Articles about Limerick with relevance to Waterford

Options
  • 30-05-2012 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭

Thankfully Waterford's problems are nowhere near as bad as Limerick's, but we suffer from the same problems with regard to overall governance structures. This article is quite relevant in my view:

Regeneration 'over-promised and under-delivered' from start
    http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2012/0530/1224316912741.html

(By the way, I hate the way the project is referred to as "Limerick Regeneration" as if the whole city was a problem area. You don't hear reference to "Dublin Regeneration" - instead they refer to "Ballymun Regeneration")

This article is also relevant. I know we have all that lovely land out in Carriganore, but it would be a real pity if WIT developed (particularly as a university) as a little world all of its own without integrating itself with the city. The architecture department being located in the Granary is a good thing. Here's a relevant article about UL:

Plan to move parts of university to city
    http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2012/0530/1224316912758.html

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭BBM77

It is probably a pipe dream but I would love to see the ArcLabs and TSSG moved to a city centre location like the old gas works site. I don’t know if this site is part of NAMA but personally I think this is what NAMA should be doing with sites like this. Strengthening urban areas and seeing them develop in a sustainable way. Instead of selling them to developers with short sighted money driven motives.

Advertisement