Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creative and Cultural Industries??

Options
  • 30-05-2012 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

I am just finished a course in Colaiste Dhulaigh and I was wondering if anyone would have any information on this course. I'm so confused on what to do next year and after reading about it i think it sounds great but I cant find any review from students to see how it is? I am looking to get into the media industry but this is the only available course I can get into from my Fetac Award. Any info on the course would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

PaddyPope wrote: »
    I am just finished a course in Colaiste Dhulaigh and I was wondering if anyone would have any information on this course. I'm so confused on what to do next year and after reading about it i think it sounds great but I cant find any review from students to see how it is? I am looking to get into the media industry but this is the only available course I can get into from my Fetac Award. Any info on the course would be appreciated.

I'm not in the programme but the people I know who are doing it think it is quite a broad course (variety of modules). Although interesting, it is also quite hard-going at times because the modules don't always intersect. It's much like an Arts degree - if you really want to get into media, this is a good option if you can progress to it from your FETAC course.

There may be an option to transfer to Film and Broadcasting (pending availability of spaces) after year 1 if you find yourself leaning in that direction then.

Have you already filled it out through CAO?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭PaddyPope

I have filled out the CAO but I'm still able to change it and I was thinking about putting that first. I really like the sound of it and media is definitely the direction I'd like to go in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

PaddyPope wrote: »
    I have filled out the CAO but I'm still able to change it and I was thinking about putting that first. I really like the sound of it and media is definitely the direction I'd like to go in.

Put what you really want first, regardless of what course you think you will get into. C & C is a decent media degree, but it also not confined to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 feritbatuhan

ok

Advertisement