Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Drivers who beep their horns while driving past women are twats

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I have a 220dB train horn in my car and i drive around frightening the shít out of people with it. I have to be careful though and make sure there are no really old people around at the time as it would certainly lead to heart failure.

Its wile craic!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Table Top Joe

What is more annoying is when some spastic in the passenger seat beeps it and makes a show of you. Especially when they are not from the area and its your neighbours(who you have hardly ever spoken to) teenage daughter out walking with her mother.

Ah cmon that sounds hilarious,myself and the lads do that kind of thing all the time

If i was a woman id be a lot more offended if guys werent beeping at me,anytime ive seen girls getting beeped at they always have a big smile,especially the older ones(not that old,just older)you can see a look spread across their face as if to say "ive still got it,i rule":cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,219 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

So I live on a busy road in a city and I've been stuck at home revising while the weather's been hot. Anyway this last week it must be triple figures easily the amount of cars I've heard beep their horns this last week.

When it's good weather out it seems to happen all the time. A girl's walking down the road and some eejit drives past and beeps his horn at her. Now don't get me wrong I'm no feminist, in this hot weather it's been great having a bit of a perv at some of the girls out on show this week, but I'd never shout out to them or beep my car at them which I've seen people do. I'd be mortified if I did that to a woman.

I don't understand what these idiots are hoping to achieve? Is a girl really going to go wow this guy drives a van has beeped their horn at me I'm going to jump in his car and I'll ride him.

So my questions I pose to the people of After Hours are:

1. What do you think of this phenomenon? Does it annoy you?
    2. Does anyone on here actually do it? If so why do you do it?
    3. For the females of AH: Has this happened to you? Do you feel complimented, turned on, annoyed, degraded or are largely indifferent by it?

:cool:
    You need to put yourself in their shoes!
    http://www.theonion.com/articles/construction-worker-still-hasnt-given-up-on-true-l,2233/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭du Maurier

Wow a good looking women dont want mens attention when dressed scantly shock thread. Don't see anything wrong with it a bit like a good looking woman passes you out on the motorway so you pass her out again to have a good look.

Pathetic.

Lollers wrote: »
    My friends and me were driving along lovely sunny day. When we came to road works. Stop go sign was in operation,when we were waiting we spotted two cute looking road worker lads, tops off, brown skin glistening in the sun We beeped them, they came over to the car a we gave them a few tins (we were on our way to a BBQ). They seemed happy enough about it :)

Class,whats good for the goose......theres nothing like a woman treating you like a piece of meat,its great:o

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Maybe if they ever got to use their own horn, they could lay off their cars horn. Saddo's :p

Thats brilliant

"A lot of guys are afraid to make themselves vulnerable by revealing their emotions, but when I meet someone I'm interested in, I express how I feel—usually by saying something like 'Hey! You want a piece of this?'" said Barbierri, grabbing his crotch, grunting, and rhythmically thrusting his pelvis forward. "I figure you've got to put yourself out there. If you can't open up to a woman, she'll never have any way of knowing how much you want to give her the high hard one.".................... if she happens to be drinking something through a straw, he'll ask if she wants something else to suck on. If she seems to be in a hurry, he'll ask where the fire is, and then subtly suggest that it may be, in fact, in his pants

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,219 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Calling every woman special in her own way, Barbierri explained that he always tries to touch upon the individual qualities of each woman he greets. For example, if she happens to be drinking something through a straw, he'll ask if she wants something else to suck on. If she seems to be in a hurry, he'll ask where the fire is, and then subtly suggest that it may be, in fact, in his pants. And if her nipples are visibly poking through her shirt, he'll inquire if she is cold, and gallantly offer to warm those beauties up for her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

Keep your horn to yourself lads, it's kinda pathetic :D.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

i only beep at people for the following reasons

1. the idiot in front is half asleep and doesnt notice the light turn green
    2. the idiot that cant use a roundabout correctly
    3. the idiot that pulls out in front without first noticing my car fast approaching
    4. the idiot that opens a door without first noticing my car fast approaching
    5. the idiot that blocks up the street while he/she nips into a shop to buy something
    6. the idiot that drives a car with no functioning brake lights and decides to stop suddenly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

Keep your horn to yourself lads, it's kinda pathetic :D.

i sometimes let the ladies (beep) my horn :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

What is more annoying is when some spastic in the passenger seat beeps it and makes a show of you. Especially when they are not from the area and its your neighbours(who you have hardly ever spoken to) teenage daughter out walking with her mother.

An actual spastic?:(

Advertisement