Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League Of Ireland Fixtures (WEEK 13) June 1st 2012

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Sligo have lost 2 in a row, being knocked out of the cup leaves them with the League as their only real prize for the season. Can see us getting hit with a backlash.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Hopefully. We'll be missing a few again though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Mondogs and a draw.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

The win against Sligo will mean feck all if we don't get anything from Bray. Only two points away from home so far doesn't exactly fill me with confidence though another performance like the Sligo one and we should win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I would be quite happy with a draw Friday, but have a feeling Shams are going to absolutely tonk someone soon and we are in the firing line.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Can only see bad things for Bohs on Friday night. Sligo have been putting teams to the sword in the league as of late... I'm not expecting anything at all from Bohs tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,593 ✭✭✭✭CSF

More Mathews ****e to look forward to in Derry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

CSF wrote: »
    More Mathews ****e to look forward to in Derry.

Two games unbeaten. We're on a roll..... :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

RIP Joe

Can see Dan having another stormer against Rovers like last time in Tallaght.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Jesus, this anti-Matthews stuff is starting to grate.

Do you think we should be top? Do you watch the players training? :confused:

Do you think you are in a better position to pick the team and tactics than Matthews? :rolleyes:

Jesus Christ almighty, the man got us promoted and to a narrowly lost cup final, have some respect.

• Advertisement

Des wrote: »

Do you think you are in a better position to pick the team and tactics than Matthews? :rolleyes:

Jesus Christ almighty, the man got us promoted and to a narrowly lost cup final, have some respect.
    The 'could you do a better job' argument is ridiculous.

I don't think we should be top, but we are ****e, he is ****e, and our lucky start to the season will only keep us where we are in the league for so long. How many games have we actually been good in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Hopeful of getting something in Tallaght.

We showed them way way way too much respect at the Cross.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 405 ✭✭paddy978

CSF wrote: »
    The 'could you do a better job' argument is ridiculous.

I don't think we should be top, but we are ****e, he is ****e, and our lucky start to the season will only keep us where we are in the league for so long. How many games have we actually been good in?

Who would you like to see as manager

We don't have to be "good" we have to be effective, and we are.

This "we are shíte" nonsense should be reserved for retarded fans of the International team who want Trappatoni gone.

Matthews' style is what's needed to get into the Premier Division and compete in it to a level where we consolidate our position there - and obviously his style is also decent for cup runs, which is also fairly acceptable.

There may come a time, in three years or so, where Matthews is no longer a good fit for Shelbourne FC, but at the moment he's the best man for the job, and I firmly believe that.

paddy978 wrote: »
    Who would you like to see as manager
    I don't think mid-season is the best time to go about that sort of business. See who is available at the end of the season.

This "we are shíte" nonsense should be reserved for retarded fans of the International team who want Trappatoni gone.

Matthews' style is what's needed to get into the Premier Division and compete in it to a level where we consolidate our position there - and obviously his style is also decent for cup runs, which is also fairly acceptable.

There may come a time, in three years or so, where Matthews is no longer a good fit for Shelbourne FC, but at the moment he's the best man for the job, and I firmly believe that.

I don't agree that we're effective. We had a good start to the season, presumably due to the buzz of being back, from Derry onwards (when we've gotten really really pants) we've taken 11 points from a possible 30. With Derry away, Shamrock Rovers home and Pats away as our next 3 fixtures, coupled with the ****e we're playing, theres a very realistic and scary danger of that becoming 11 points from 39.

That is not effective. If we were playing a crap style of football that suits us, but grinding out wins, I wouldn't be complaining. I wouldn't be enjoying my Friday nights so much, but winning is more important.

Instead we're playing a crap style of football, that does not suit our players. And by and large we are not winning. Instead, the points we've taken this season have been by and large in the games that we have tried to play a bit.

As for the criticising the 'we are ****e' line, I don't understand why this is so controversial. We are ****e. We've put in 1 good performance (UCD away) in our last 15 games. The standard in the Premier Division is so poor this year and we still look awful.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/poll/2012/may/28/european-goal-of-the-season-poll

lads if you dont mind :p

Well some will but could everyone else vote Irish ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60 ✭✭jwilco

Great goal by Forrester. Bohs could do with him this year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

dreamers75 wrote: »
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/poll/2012/may/28/european-goal-of-the-season-poll

lads if you dont mind :p

Well some will but could everyone else vote Irish ;)

Voted for it. Doing well, but seems like only 1 winner.

Voted for it. Doing well, but seems like only 1 winner.

It was tight then Turkey got wind of it :D

Vote for SPA?

Kindly fúck off.

• Advertisement

Vote for SPA?

Kindly fúck off.

Shouldnt you lot be arguing with someone at this point? :p

Sick of watching crap.

Hoofing the ball into the air at Caso is shameful.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Vote for SPA?

Kindly fúck off.

Think of it as a vote against Rovers..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I was going to vote but I'm too busy cleaning out my jacks bowl.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Lucan Bohs

Fancy us to beat Sligo on friday, we're going for the magical 3-in-a-row :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Tactics? Maybe a sub or two a match before the 80th+ minute would be a start!

Did you see the match on Monday? We're not "effective", we lost to a very weak Bohs side, we got our arses handed to us by Sligo, and the next three league matches look like a maximum of two points imo.

I'll happily take mid-table BUT it's this hoofball crap, aimless passing, and just general not knowing what the hell they're doing that gets me, I don't think anyone is expecting Messi standard of play but the players we have we should at least be able to string a few passes together on the deck ffs!
    Zebra3 wrote: »
    Sick of watching crap.

Hoofing the ball into the air at Caso is shameful.

No wonder there was feck all on Monday and it won't get any better.

Won't be making it on Friday to Derry, poxy work!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Shouldnt you lot be arguing with someone at this point? :p

I think you'll find we're too busy arguing with ourselves this week.

dan1895 wrote: »
    I think you'll find we're too busy arguing with ourselves this week.

hhhaha spotted that earlier.....took me a while to see it :D

telling yah....even yourselves hate yiz.

Shels fined by the FAI for chanting "RTE is fúckin shíte" in Bray on Friday.

You couldn't actually make it up, the absolute ballbags.

• Advertisement

:mad:

And the chanting was even grammatically correct.

Who don't Shells have problems with? I have never come across a club with so many issues with so many different people.

Kind of like the nerdy goth kid at school who just hates everyone for no particular reason.

And what reason is there to say "RTE is fúcking ****e" (catchy riff Id say)? They are doing more for the domestic league than ever before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Dub XV

Still fookin ****e though!

They deserve some credit for showing the games but the stupid early kick offs mess around a lot of travelling supporters, home or away given that Friday is already a squeeze for many.

Correct.

I usually leave work at 3.30 from Swords, should be plenty time to get to Bray, if the game was at a normal time, not poxy 7PM

Home to my house to drop the car, bus to town and then out to Bray on the Dart, I barley had time for a pint in the pub beside the Carlisle.

Oh boo fúcking hoo. Typical Dublin whinging. Its a difference of 45 minutes.

Imagine, God forbid, ye actually ye had to leave "dublin" every other week for a game.

• Advertisement

Bray is in Wicklow

Its still on the DART and is about 10cms outside Dublin.

And ye don't have to leave Dublin every second week for a game.

Sligo, Monaghan, Drogs, Dundalk, FORAS, Derry, Bray.

More than half the teams are from outside Dublin, so stop your fúcking bellyaching.

gimmick wrote: »

Imagine, God forbid, ye actually ye had to leave "dublin" every other week for a game.

If you choose to live in the bog, that's your lookout. :)

Plus as said, Sligo, Derry, Mons, cork etc are hardly close.

That shut my mouth. Does not change the fact that dub fans have it far easier than any others for their away games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Dub XV

That shut my mouth. Does not change the fact that dub fans have it far easier than any others for their away games.

Sorry whats your point again?

Why are you bothered about it?

You live in Cork, well done. Are you some kind of martyr now :D? I know it's hard havin to talk with that accent and all .............

I am not the one whinging that it is difficult to get to a away game in Dublin with a 7.05ko.

I am not the one whinging that it is difficult to get to a away game in Dublin with a 7.05ko.

It wasn't in Dublin.

Stop saying Bray is in Dublin, a certain Mod doesn't take kindly to people who slag Bray off, even other people from Bray.

Earlier kick-offs make it hard for supporters who generally didn't have difficulty before now which means even lower gates.

Only people in the Dublin-Centric League Paranoia brigade would actually appear pleased about the prospect of even lower gates in the league out of schadenfreude.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

stovelid wrote: »
    Earlier kick-offs make it hard for supporters who generally didn't have difficulty before now which means even lower gates.

Only people in the Dublin-Centric League Paranoia brigade would actually appear pleased about the prospect of even lower gates in the league out of schadenfreude.

I'm trying to get a patent on that one.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Does anyone else get fined for chants? Only ever hear of Shels getting in trouble for it.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Who don't Shells have problems with? I have never come across a club with so many issues with so many different people.

Kind of like the nerdy goth kid at school who just hates everyone for no particular reason.

And what reason is there to say "RTE is fúcking ****e" (catchy riff Id say)? They are doing more for the domestic league than ever before.

We're just against corruption.

Be it in the FAI or those on the outside like RTE who promote it.

Does anyone else get fined for chants? Only ever hear of Shels getting in trouble for it.

We've been fined for two chants previously, "They always cheat, they always lie, eff Delane* and the F*I" and the "Joh* Delane* is a effing c" one.

They both directly reference JD/FAI though, this fining for criticising the national broadcaster though, must be a world first really.

Delaney actually has to be Satan or Saddam Hussein in disguise at this stage, disgraceful stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

To appeal the €300 fine costs €500... Nothing but a money making racket!

• Advertisement
Advertisement