Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League Of Ireland Fixtures (WEEK 13) June 1st 2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

To appeal the €300 fine costs €500... Nothing but a money making racket!

The FAI are broke. Not broke enough to pay Delaney 400 grand a year though. Gotta make money somehow. :rolleyes: The FAI are even so ashamed of the money they take in through fines they no longer publicise them.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Zebra3 wrote: »
    We're just against corruption.

And everyone else isn't? But they don't get fined..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Does anyone else get fined for chants? Only ever hear of Shels getting in trouble for it.
    Youths got fined for fans making donkey noises (hee haw) at a particularly slow opposition player. I believe the wife of the FAI observer was in attendance and thought it "wasn't nice"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

I'm sure that wasn't the first time I heard that song being sung on the box this year.

dfx- wrote: »
    And everyone else isn't? But they don't get fined..

Of course everyone else isn't against it.

The new franchises in Cork and Derry have gladly sat back and taken advantage of being skipped up a division over existing clubs that were already in the league.

Sligo certainly haven't objected to the FAI interfering in the FAI Cup final over the last two years by instructing the ref at which end the penalty shoot-out was to take place.

Under FIFA's rules of the game, that decision is the ref's and the ref's alone. The FAI, following requests from RTE, acted corruptly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭born2bwild

Can you pay into the Brandywell with euros?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

born2bwild wrote: »

Nah, you'll get fined

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭born2bwild

dan1895 wrote: »
    Nah, you'll get fined
    Well merely saying "Euro" is effectively "uttering insulting words" these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

born2bwild wrote: »

Northern Bank notes prefered.

They do take euro.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Of course everyone else isn't against it.

The new franchises in Cork and Derry have gladly sat back and taken advantage of being skipped up a division over existing clubs that were already in the league.

Sligo certainly haven't objected to the FAI interfering in the FAI Cup final over the last two years by instructing the ref at which end the penalty shoot-out was to take place.

Under FIFA's rules of the game, that decision is the ref's and the ref's alone. The FAI, following requests from RTE, acted corruptly.

Epic. I wish there was an applause gif.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I can't believe the Shels fans got fined for that chant! What a joke!!!

I pray for only two outcomes from the draw for the next round of the FAI Cup! A home draw for Pat's and Shels to be drawn against Cork!!! :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,278 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

monkey9 wrote: »

I pray for only two outcomes from the draw for the next round of the FAI Cup! A home draw for Pat's and Shels to be drawn against Cork!!! :pac:

Hopefully in dublin and we can win 2-1 - late, late goal of course:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

monkey9 wrote: »

There will be 20,000 Shels fans at that game too.

You might not be able too see them, but they will be there alright.

Going on the pats "drink bus" tomorrow kinda scared, they seem to have an ability to get onto this bus sober and get off stupendously drunk.

What is your issue with that decision? Are you claiming the FAI picked that end to negatively impact on Shels? Interfering?

It didn't impact on the result. Didnt affect Rovers' penalties and didn't affect Shels unless you're looking for an excuse.

Rovers could've taken their penalties on the goal-line and missed. Jaysus, we've missed enough in front of Rovers fans in Tallaght to know this. I don't know of any Rovers fan who took issue with what end the penalties were taken from or who took that decision.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

Des wrote: »
    Correct.

I usually leave work at 3.30 from Swords, should be plenty time to get to Bray, if the game was at a normal time, not poxy 7PM

Home to my house to drop the car, bus to town and then out to Bray on the Dart, I barley had time for a pint in the pub beside the Carlisle.
    What? You barely had time for a pint? Fuck the pint, get inside!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

Anyway, huge game for the Town on Saturday! 7 point gap or 1 point gap up for grabs!

Come on the TOWN!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Going on the pats "drink bus" tomorrow kinda scared, they seem to have an ability to get onto this bus sober and get off stupendously drunk.
    Isn't that how buses to away games always work? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Imagine that. A supporters bus with drinking on it. :)

gimmick wrote: »
    Epic. I wish there was an applause gif.

Too ashamed by the truth to argue with what I've said? :rolleyes:
    What is your issue with that decision? Are you claiming the FAI picked that end to negatively impact on Shels? Interfering?

It didn't impact on the result. Didnt affect Rovers' penalties and didn't affect Shels unless you're looking for an excuse.

Rovers could've taken their penalties on the goal-line and missed. Jaysus, we've missed enough in front of Rovers fans in Tallaght to know this. I don't know of any Rovers fan who took issue with what end the penalties were taken from or who took that decision.

It is irrevelevant why the FAI interefered.

FIFA's rules of the games clearly state this is a decision for the ref.

The FAI interfered with his running of the game.

They unduly influenced the outcome of the game.

After all the whinging Delaney & Co. done about fair play after what happened in Ireland's WC play-off game in Paris, they certainly showed themselves up as a bunch of hypocrites.

• Advertisement

I tend to agree,

We did have to take them into the Sligo end but the players have to take the ultimate responsibility for the shit penalties although the ref should have called some of the goalkeeping "anomalies" in both fi9nals.

AgileMyth wrote: »
    Isn't that how buses to away games always work? :confused:

Pats fans have outdone themselves this season with regards to alcohol levels.
    stovelid wrote: »
    Imagine that. A supporters bus with drinking on it. :)

Do you have drink buses? lads in work always complaining their bus they not allowed drink on it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Pats fans have outdone themselves this season with regards to alcohol levels.

Such an awesome club on every level.

You should see their heroin bus.

Do you have drink buses? lads in work always complaining their bus they not allowed drink on it?

I know of one that is definitely non-drink but not all of them.

We've one no alcohol 'family' bus this season too. Never been on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Derry City have the gay friendly Farters Bus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Louth derby on RTE this evening. Not the best time for the cameras to be coming to Oriel given that the majority of our fans have stopped attending the games. I reckon there will be about seven or eight hundred there this evening.
    Expect McCaffrey to be confronted by angry fans if result doesn't go our way.

No Rafter this evening for us but Mark Griffin is back and he's looking dangerous. Dundalk old boy Tiernan Mulvenna should start for the Drogs. I'm hoping and expecting a 4-0 home victory.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

With Dav, Keane and Boco out I will be very happy with a 93rd min goal to win a bad game off the ref's ass.

Should be a tight game in Dayler tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭WindmillWarrior

Hopefully we'll give our neighbours a good kick in the balls while they're down tonight. 3-0 Drogs!

Reckon most of the lads on my bus will be drunk getting ON it - how mad are we!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭WindmillWarrior

Pighead wrote: »
    Louth derby on RTE this evening. Not the best time for the cameras to be coming to Oriel given that the majority of our fans have stopped attending the games. I reckon there will be about seven or eight hundred there this evening.
    Expect McCaffrey to be confronted by angry fans if result doesn't go our way..

Yeah, and its hard to get an atmosphere going in Boriel at the best of times! Its a pity this one isn't in United park. The derbies in UP over the last few seasons have had crackin atmospheres.
    No Rafter this evening for us but Mark Griffin is back and he's looking dangerous. Dundalk old boy Tiernan Mulvenna should start for the Drogs. I'm hoping and expecting a 4-0 home victory.

Hearing rumours down our way that Griffin will be signing for us sooner rather than later. Any word up your way?
    4-0 :D

Boriel?

:D

The FAI interfered with his running of the game.

They unduly influenced the outcome of the game.

That's a massive leap there. Shels' penalties influenced the outcome..

As far as I know it's the only one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Hard Worker

Just a piece of information for you: it happens all over the World at penalty shootouts. The local police, the chief steward, the TV company, almost anyone can request the referee to go for one particular end for the penalty shootout. The referee will take any request on board and make up his own mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 371 ✭✭southlouth type

Expect McCaffrey to be confronted by angry fans if result doesn't go our way.

You are expecting a 4 - 0 win :D have dundalk even scored 4 league goals all season ? 1 2 i reckon . A tight game with dundalk having a big advantage with the plastic pitch as usual ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Yeah, and its hard to get an atmosphere going in Boriel at the best of times! Its a pity this one isn't in United park. The derbies in UP over the last few seasons have had crackin atmospheres.
    You'll be calling it Scoriel Park this evening when we knock four goals past your dodgy defence.
    Hunky Dory Park is a bit of a graveyard as well to be fair. Was at the Drogs- Shels game last month and they easily out-sung your lot.

Hearing rumours down our way that Griffin will be signing for us sooner rather than later. Any word up your way?
    4-0 :D
    No chance. You can have Gary Shanahan though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Commentary for the Monaghan - Pats match.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/st-pats-live-commentary

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Dundalk pull back level with Drogehda and almost immediately go behind again to a great header!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

C'mon Bohs... HOLD F*CKING ON YOU C*NTS!!!!!

• Advertisement

Matthews Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

1-1 in Tallaght.:)

Not a bad way to head for the break.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,593 ✭✭✭✭CSF

What a performance, YES!!!!!

CSF wrote: »

have you put your knives away then?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,278 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

1-1 in Tallaght.:)

Not a bad way to head for the break.

On a fine unbeaten run at the moment....happy days.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Looking more and more likely that we're going the season without winning away. 3-1 to Bray was incredibly flattering for them. Their third came in the 94th minute and how we didn't score at least 2 more with some of the chances we had I'll never know. Quigley was immense between the sticks for them and Jason Byrne could have had a hattrick with better finishing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,593 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Des wrote: »
    CSF wrote: »

have you put your knives away then?
    Well I was hardly going to do anything other than travel up there and get behind the team. If we can maintain that level of performance, we will be grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭BigBrownBear

Great tribute to Joe Merriman by the Ultras.
    Decent amount of Corkies there too and very vocal.

Kenny hasn't got the tactical awareness of M O'Neil.
    MON changed games with his substitutions....SK's are baffling:confused:

But booing a substitution is wrong. Kavanagh should have got a standing ovation

joe2f.png

joemerriman.png

joe3.png

Thanks to the Cork support for their applause and respect.

We can confirm that @BrenClarke1 has touched the ball ten times tonight. 9 times from back passes and once from a corner. #mns #rtesoccer

Should be ok to say we dominated Mons, they were rubbish. Not one shot in the whole game in fairness Bucko changed his tactics to combat teams that sit back.....play ****ing 5 up front!!! So we have the back 4 with someone sitting and everyone else pressing onto the centrebacks.

It works :)

Wont do it vs the teams that dont sit back vs us tho, too dangerous.

had 4 mondogs by half time :(

had 4 mondogs by half time :(

wtf

• Advertisement
Advertisement