Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issue with an agent in our rented house

Options
  • 30-05-2012 2:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭

Can someone suggest how to really deal if we have a problem with an agent's improper attention? we dont wish to vacate from this rented house but the person is no way looking after anything, even the previous tenant had the same issue due to which they left, we have also tried to mail the landlord , to the address we found on contract papers, but no response...
    we are really in worry....even when we spoke to PRTB, no use as they ask proofs, how can we get proof of agent's behaviour towards tenants...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Keep a diary of what was said, by whom to whom.

Any dealings with the agent, put it in writing. Preferably by sending a letter registered delivery. In the same way, make a list of what's wrong and set a reasonable time for the work to be done (14 days should do it).

I would also speak to Threshold at this stage too.

HTH!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Have you tried going to your landlord direct? The landlord is paying the agent to look after the place; I cant see them being happy to hear that they are not getting value for that money.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭memomtoo

am unable to find more contact details about landlord, donno if they are in the country, we just had mailing address to which we sent out a letter, we have no response,I can provide proofs on emails about what he committed and received no response at all, only when we call him straight he gives an answer.
    we are also afraid if he will return the deposit, if we need to give his details for reference, totally confused
    is there anyways we can reach the landlord as we are really not looking to move off from this big house

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

Send both the landlord and agent a registered letter stating the work that needs to be done. Also state that if they do not respond within 2 weeks of receipt of the letter you will get the work done yourself and hold the amount it cost from the rent.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

The landlords contact details should be on your lease; they are legally obliged to give them to you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

they may be legally obliged to put their address on the lease but that doesnt mean the will

so what do you do if they dont have their address on the lease how do you find them??

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭memomtoo

the problem is, we found only mailing addres to which we sent a mail but never received a response back, there is no contact number to reach, is there any way to find it because its of no use dealing with agent as he is very careless, am so sorry to say this but its the first time we had this experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Can you phone Threshold? I do not think that there is any situation that is new to them!

http://www.threshold.ie/

I have always found them very supportive and helpful.

Advertisement