Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fantasy Euro 2012(Auction)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

how come i didnt get tyton for duff?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

swoody wrote: »
    how come i didnt get tyton for duff?

check your pms

as far as I can tell you have Duff in your team and it wont let me complete the transfer for you until you put duff on the bench as you will have 2 keepers on your team which wouldnt work

If you put Duff on your bench I should be able to complete the transfer for you

check your pms

as far as I can tell you have Duff in your team and it wont let me complete the transfer for you until you put duff on the bench as you will have 2 keepers on your team which wouldnt work

If you put Duff on your bench I should be able to complete the transfer for you
    done! fingers crossed he plays, which i fully expect!

quick question lads, when ye make transfers in the sealed bids and ye are selling players do ye get the money back that ye paid for them originally?

quick question lads, when ye make transfers in the sealed bids and ye are selling players do ye get the money back that ye paid for them originally?
    Sealed Bids Help

Use this team entry screen to select your squad, keeping to the team selection criteria shown below.
    1. Ensure that the squad is within the £
      m auction budget. (You may get money returned from sold players depending on your league rules, in which case it is still possible to save your bids when overbudget.)
    2. Ensure that you do not have more than 4 players from any one club.
    3. Make sure you have enough players to to field a starting eleven in one of your leagues recognised formations 4-4-2, 5-3-2, 4-3-3.

• Advertisement

Sealed Bids Help

Use this team entry screen to select your squad, keeping to the team selection criteria shown below.
    1. Ensure that the squad is within the £
      m auction budget. (You may get money returned from sold players depending on your league rules, in which case it is still possible to save your bids when overbudget.)
    2. Ensure that you do not have more than 4 players from any one club.
    3. Make sure you have enough players to to field a starting eleven in one of your leagues recognised formations 4-4-2, 5-3-2, 4-3-3.

Thanks, was just looking at shipping out a couple of players and I clicked on Huntelaar and I should be getting 16m back from him but my budget was showing up as -15m so I wasnt sure

Thanks, was just looking at shipping out a couple of players and I clicked on Huntelaar and I should be getting 16m back from him but my budget was showing up as -15m so I wasnt sure
    tbh i'm a bit confused myself. i have 19m in the bank and i need to ship out robben and a few others but when i do my transfers it also shows as minus as well...its really confusing. do i add their values to my 19m i have at get what i can spend......? :confused:

tbh i'm a bit confused myself. i have 19m in the bank and i need to ship out robben and a few others but when i do my transfers it also shows as minus as well...its really confusing. do i add their values to my 19m i have at get what i can spend......? :confused:

I have emailed them to clear it up.....hopefully.

The way I understand it is if your budget is 19m and you sell Robben who you paid for 16m for your budget will be 35m even if it only shows up as 3m above your team

On a more positive note, Rooney's back:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

Yeah that'd be useful to know considering it'll be the difference between having 45m to spend or 80m to spend for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 89 ✭✭Captain Bob

Question lads: just in case if some squads are not completed at 12pm on 21/06 , maybe it is better to have deadline earlier on, to have one more round before quarters?

• Advertisement

Question lads: just in case if some squads are not completed at 12pm on 21/06 , maybe it is better to have deadline earlier on, to have one more round before quarters?

The reason I went with only one round of bids was to give an advantage to anyone who has a bigger budget. Some lads didnt use their full budget in the auction and some have made money on players they have transferred out so imo they should get some sort of advantage.

Unfortunately I didnt do either of the above but I do feel they should get an advantage in the bidding this time around

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 89 ✭✭Captain Bob

Hmm..., still do not understand case scenario if squads are not completed at 12 pm tomorrow

Hmm..., still do not understand case scenario if squads are not completed at 12 pm tomorrow

If for example you try to transfer out Van Persie and bid 5m for Rooney and someone else bids 10m for him you dont get Rooney and Van Persie remains in your squad

You will still have 15 players but some of them may be out

carlcon wrote: »
    Yeah that'd be useful to know considering it'll be the difference between having 45m to spend or 80m to spend for me.

Just had the following reply

The money will only return to your account if you are successful in the bid. Though you can use those funds when bidding, in anticipation of being successful, if you are confident of winning the bid.

bids processed

carlcon- can you put Lloris on your bench so I can confirm his transfer out and transfer in Cassano

swoody- can you put debuchy on your bench so I can transfer in Busquets

Done!

Very happy with how this transfer window went. Two things have really served me well:
    1. Spending less money than everyone else at first gave me a huge advantage for the knock-outs, without necessarily weakening my team early on.
    2. Only bidding on players from "almost guarenteed to qualify teams" meant I actually only had 3 players who wouldn't be playing (2 Dutch and a Russian), which again gave me a huge advantage this round, as I could focus all my saved money on only 3 players.

With France and Spain getting each other, that made Lloris surplus to requirement because I also had Casillas. I originally expected France to top that group and avoid Spain, but thankfully spreading my money to a 4th player did no harm this time.

All this has helped me mess up the plans of my 2 main competitors, who now have 3 less players to score with. Success! :D

Also, @Swoody: It was a brave move to drop Welbeck for Klose. While the Germans are much more likely to progress, I would have stuck with the guy getting all the game time.

Also, @Swoody: It was a brave move to drop Welbeck for Klose. While the Germans are much more likely to progress, I would have stuck with the guy getting all the game time.
    england wont score and wont progress....so i figure klose has a better chance coming on and scoring against greece and progressing. on the down side, i missed all my portugal players i wanted :''(

Done!

Very happy with how this transfer window went. Two things have really served me well:
    1. Spending less money than everyone else at first gave me a huge advantage for the knock-outs, without necessarily weakening my team early on.
    2. Only bidding on players from "almost guarenteed to qualify teams" meant I actually only had 3 players who wouldn't be playing (2 Dutch and a Russian), which again gave me a huge advantage this round, as I could focus all my saved money on only 3 players.

With France and Spain getting each other, that made Lloris surplus to requirement because I also had Casillas. I originally expected France to top that group and avoid Spain, but thankfully spreading my money to a 4th player did no harm this time.

All this has helped me mess up the plans of my 2 main competitors, who now have 3 less players to score with. Success! :D

Looks like I will have to hope for alot of clean sheets anyway and I wouldn't be shocked if Postiga and Cassano don't score but they have a better chance than Arshavin, Huntelaar or Dzagoev

Looks like I will have to hope for alot of clean sheets anyway and I wouldn't be shocked if Postiga and Cassano don't score but they have a better chance than Arshavin, Huntelaar or Dzagoev
    for all my efferts to get rid of robben i still have him, wanted terry out but will have to make due with him....

just a thought..but can we bid for players off other players?

• Advertisement

for all my efferts to get rid of robben i still have him, wanted terry out but will have to make due with him....

I think England could beat Italy, it won't be pretty but I would be happy with a 1-0 win with Rooney netting the winner:D

I think England could beat Italy, it won't be pretty but I would be happy with a 1-0 win with Rooney netting the winner:D
    not gunna happen...in your dreams maybe!

just a thought..but can we bid for players off other players?

Think you can, click on swap deals and continue from there
    not gunna happen...in your dreams maybe!

Italy aren't exactly word class and they will struggle to break down England with the way they set-up

Think you can, click on swap deals and continue from there
    did that and got this: "You are not able to do this request because you are not the chairman."
    Italy aren't exactly word class and they will struggle to break down England with the way they set-up
    dunno bout that! france ripped england apart just poor finishing let them down. sweeden managed to score to easy goals and the ukraine where all over england they just didnt have a center forward that could finish... italy will have all the ball. i can see a malling on the cards!

At this point I'm viewing all defenders as potential liabilities. Too many -1s for my liking, and the off-chance of a goal or assist isn't rewarded proportionally at all. If I'm playing this version of FF again, I'm never having more than 4 defenders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Dude can i make some changes? Is it not too late? :)

At this point I'm viewing all defenders as potential liabilities. Too many -1s for my liking, and the off-chance of a goal or assist isn't rewarded proportionally at all. If I'm playing this version of FF again, I'm never having more than 4 defenders.
    i've had only 1 goalie and 4 defenders from the start and still managed to ship in 18 goals against me :cool::pac:

did that and got this: "You are not able to do this request because you are not the chairman."
    dunno bout that! france ripped england apart just poor finishing let them down. sweeden managed to score to easy goals and the ukraine where all over england they just didnt have a center forward that could finish... italy will have all the ball. i can see a malling on the cards!

Not sure so, if you want to send me a pm I can try it for you

I just think that France had Nasri, Ribery and Benzemz to create and outside of Pirlo I dont see the Italy creating much, they are too defensive
    manual_man wrote: »
    Dude can i make some changes? Is it not too late? :)

Sorry mate, your too late. If you want to pm me and I can try and get a couple of swaps for you

Not many clean sheets but im hoping now its the knockout round that teams might sit back a bit more

hehe, looks like the end of Postiga's tournament

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Chips Ahoy

When will my reign of terror at the top end?

Loving the changes to the German side:pac:

Advertisement