Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fantasy Euro 2012(Auction)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

manual_man wrote: »
    Just click in to your team. Auction page should come right up

Thanks man.

Lads I just heard the entire Germany team have been diagnosed with some sort of super virus. I won't get into the complexities of it all, but I would steer well clear of them when bidding.

What are the bidding denominations?

I assume they have to be of 0.5? What is the least amount you can bid?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

Keno 92 wrote: »

Yes they go up 0.5 each time and you can bid 0.0 if you want to try get a player for free

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

Use this team entry screen to select a squad. Your league rules are shown below:
    Ensure that the squad is within the £ 100 m auction budget.
    Ensure that you do not have more than 3 players from any one country.
    Make sure you have enough players to to field a starting eleven in one of your leagues recognised formations 4-4-2, 5-3-2, 4-3-3.
    Click on the player on the left hand side to add them to your team.

After adding a player, click the price to enter a bid value. You bid will be rounded to your leagues 'bid increment' which is £ 0.5 m.

After selecting your team, click submit to proceed.

My only question is what happens if not enough of my defender bids win, and I have 5 striker bids accepted. Which strikers do I get? The most expensive? The least contested?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Yes they go up 0.5 each time and you can bid 0.0 if you want to try get a player for free

From being on the site i'm guessing you have to make all your 15 bids at once. Is this right???

• Advertisement

carlcon wrote: »

Use this team entry screen to select a squad. Your league rules are shown below:
    Ensure that the squad is within the £ 100 m auction budget.
    Ensure that you do not have more than 3 players from any one country.
    Make sure you have enough players to to field a starting eleven in one of your leagues recognised formations 4-4-2, 5-3-2, 4-3-3.
    Click on the player on the left hand side to add them to your team.

After adding a player, click the price to enter a bid value. You bid will be rounded to your leagues 'bid increment' which is £ 0.5 m.

After selecting your team, click submit to proceed.

My only question is what happens if not enough of my defender bids win, and I have 5 striker bids accepted. Which strikers do I get? The most expensive? The least contested?

From what i can see you can only bid for 3 strikers

You must bid as follows 2-5-5-3

Munster Magic correct me if i'm wrong

I can't find it in the rules. From what I've read, my interpretation is that if you don't have enough for one position, tough. Your team will have to have one of those legal formations, and you'll just be left with an empty space in defence and a bunch of strikers/midfielders on the bench if you don't win enough defender bids. Can't see anything about limiting the amount you can bid on in a certain position.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

I can't find it in the rules. From what I've read, my interpretation is that if you don't have enough for one position, tough. Your team will have to have one of those legal formations, and you'll just be left with an empty space in defence and a bunch of strikers/midfielders on the bench if you don't win enough defender bids. Can't see anything about limiting the amount you can bid on in a certain position.
    my understanding is, if you have over compensated in attack and have limited numbers in defence or midfield you then go to the free market and transfer out what you have and bring in what you need......i may be wrong though

Ya, thats right, you can only bid for 3 strikers

Haha, crap. I've got 5 strikers on my current bidding list. I guess it just wouldn't have let me click "submit" when I tried.

Back to the drawing board!

• Advertisement

man, this is harder then i thought....how are you lot evaluating your bids?

I have mine done there.

Haha, crap. I've got 5 strikers on my current bidding list. I guess it just wouldn't have let me click "submit" when I tried.

Back to the drawing board!

Well Im only on the phone now so cant really look but I assume that it wouldnt let you. Try it there with Carroll, Defoe, Walters and Cox and see if it works???

I have mine done there.

Does it let you go back and edit?

Does it let you go back and edit?

It does indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭andrewg82

thats an interesting process!! fair play for getting it up and running

is it 2 or 3 players we can have for the groups?

It just let me submit a 2-4-5-4, so I don't think the 2-5-5-3 thing is correct.

I'll try again with another set-up... Yup, same again. Let me save a 2-4-4-5 and a 1-4-4-6.

So the presumption that you can bid on anything, but then have to face the consequences when you're faced with one of the 3 legal formations, is pretty much correct from what I can see.

So you can bid on a bunch of strikers for 1m each if you like, and face the gamble of winning none, winning all and having no defenders/midfielders, or winning the perfect amount. Makes things much more interesting, although also more difficult to balance.

swoody wrote: »
    is it 2 or 3 players we can have for the groups?

The most it'll let you pick is 3. The team goes grey when you have 3 players from it.

Tryingtogetplayersonthecheap.com

• Advertisement

Tryingtogetplayersonthecheap.com

a095b62ba601cdf2e9b5ff3d0e9c8069_biscuitsshakey.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Skippy44

Bids submitted. Best of luck everyone!!

Skippy44 wrote: »
    Bids submitted. Best of luck everyone!!

Same. I'm not sure i'll get more than 2 players but what the hey :p

I've got my initial bids in too, just in case I don't get a chance to log on Sunday, but I'm sure I've many changes to make.

I really want to discuss all the different potential tactics for bidding, but also don't want to give anything away. :cool:

Should be a good laugh when the first round results come in. I bet it'll end terribly for most. Hehe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

All im gonna say is that I still have 17.00 million remaining

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Chips Ahoy

I've got my initial bids in too, just in case I don't get a chance to log on Sunday, but I'm sure I've many changes to make.

I really want to discuss all the different potential tactics for bidding, but also don't want to give anything away. :cool:

Should be a good laugh when the first round results come in. I bet it'll end terribly for most. Hehe.

It might turn into a situation where everyone stays away from the bigger players
    due to tactical bidding and some lucky person will get them on the cheap.

wish it was just one big league then the transfers would be really interesting.

Chips Ahoy wrote: »

It might turn into a situation where everyone stays away from the bigger players
    due to tactical bidding and some lucky person will get them on the cheap.

wish it was just one big league then the transfers would be really interesting.

There's many different ways to bid. Ay

There are probably 2 ways most people will go:
    1. Gamble big money on a few big players. Invest everything in 5 or 6 players from Germany, Spain, Holland, etc, then throw 0.5 at some average players nobody else is likely to have.
    2. Spread your money across the board on "2nd tier" players. Kuyt instead of Sneijder. Albiol instead of Pique. Etc. That way you'll have a much better chance of getting your first choice at a decent price, instead of having your choices outbid by someone throwing stupid money at them (nobody is going to drop 12m on Kuyt), which should ultimately leave you in a better position for later bidding rounds, although meaning the likes of Ronaldo and Xavi will end up elsewhere.

Genuinely can't wait to see how it turns out.

There's probbaly 2 ways most people will go:
    1. Gamble big money on a few big players. Invest everything in 5 or 6 players from Germany, Spain, Holland, etc, then throw 0.5 at some average players nobody else is likely to have.
    2. Spread your money across the board on "2nd tier" players. Kuyt instead of Sneijder. Albiol instead of Pique. Etc. That way you'll have a much better chance of getting your first choice at a decent price, instead of having your choices outbid by someone throwing stupid money at them (nobody is going to drop 12m on Kuyt), which should ultimately leave you in a better position for later bidding rounds, although meaning the likes of Ronaldo and Xavi will end up elsewhere.

Genuinely can't wait to see how it turns out.

Which did you do???;)

• Advertisement

Which did you do???;)

Yes.

Advertisement