Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fantasy Euro 2012(Auction)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

carlcon wrote: »
    So who's claiming the best bargain of round 1?

My contender is Schweinsteiger for 1.5.

Realistically though is he going to be good for any goals and assists?? Less bargains for me but just glad i managed to get the players i did. I suppose you could say McGeady for 2m is a bargain :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

That was a sneaky one alright, my contender would have to be Rooney for 1m:D but yours is probably better considering Rooney is out for the first 2 games

I knew everyone (including myself) would at least have an eye on Ozil. Then there's Kroos and Gotze in the middle that seem to be the more "fashionable" options, along with the big 4 up front. I figured he'd be a good one to get under the radar.

Yeah Rooney could turn out to work well, but that 1m we bid on him is pretty much all he's worth right now considering he'll be warming the bench for 2/3 of England's guarenteed games.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Captain Bob

Is anything going on on Boards.ie2? No changes...???

manual_man wrote: »
    Realistically though is he going to be good for any goals and assists?? Less bargains for me but just glad i managed to get the players i did. I suppose you could say McGeady for 2m is a bargain :p

With 23 international goals so far, I would bloody well hope so! And assists in that German team could come from anywhere, so he's no less an option than Ozil, IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

Is anything going on on Boards.ie2? No changes...???

Sorry about that, presumed it would have processed both leagues, its done now. Will be interesting to see the difference between the 2 leagues

• Advertisement

With 23 international goals so far, I would bloody well hope so! And assists in that German team could come from anywhere, so he's no less an option than Ozil, IMO.

Ah yes but that was when he was a forward. But you never know he still has an eye for goal it could prove to be a shrewd buy

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

looks like 4-3-3 formation for me

I'm trying to justify giving a bidding spot to a remaining Irish defender, but I just can't do it. They're probably the most likely choices here considering we're on an Irish site, and I don't fancy bidding over the odds on any defender in this game since their scoring is so crappy.

I may have to look further east!

It's a tough one, because I only got 2 of my defensive choices, and realistically need to add another 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Skippy44

Got 11 players but missed out on Ozil and Muller. My zero bid on Kuba failed too and 11m for Casillas probably too high.

Just looking at my squad and I have no keeper and no striker(bar Rooney):eek:

I have to get someone in the next round

• Advertisement

Skippy44 wrote: »
    Got 11 players but missed out on Ozil and Muller. My zero bid on Kuba failed too and 11m for Casillas probably too high.

Jesus, thank goodness we ended up in different groups. I got him for 1.5. :eek:

Skippy44 wrote: »

:eek:

Just looking at my squad and I have no keeper and no striker(bar Rooney):eek:

I have to get someone in the next round

I'll give you Lloris and 10m for Ozil. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Skippy44

Jesus, thank goodness we ended up in different groups. I got him for 1.5. :eek:

I think I was the only bidder too!!!

just noticed Next Round: 04 Jun 19:00

better get my groove on.........

swoody wrote: »
    just noticed Next Round: 04 Jun 19:00

better get my groove on.........

Yeah lads, deadline is 7pm tomorrow as we will need a third and possibly a fourth round of bidding before Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Got Neuer, Ramos, Gomez and Lewandowski. 10/15 players total. Missed out on Benzena :(. Have basically no mids. Hope there are a few decent ones left.

Just looking at the bids in the Boards2 league. One guy got Podolski for 3m, Ramos for 0.5, and Benzema for 1m.

I withdraw my submission of 1.5 for Schweinsteiger as best bargain. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Got 2 keepers, 4 defenders, 2 midfielders and 1 striker and have 45 million remaining .

lads is Pique injured? Not starting for Spain again tonight, would be a disaster of a start for me

• Advertisement

lads is Pique injured? Not starting for Spain again tonight, would be a disaster of a start for me
    no! he doesnt get on with ramos who will play CB at the euros so del bosque is probably exploring his options as precaution.

Thanks, I was really starting to think I had wasted 8m. Negredo up front, surely he wont start in the euros, will he?

They changed that (had the big fella benched before). Still doesn't look like a starting 11 for next week anyway

They changed that (had the big fella benched before). Still doesn't look like a starting 11 for next week anyway

Presume Pique is the big fella??? Thats actually where I had saw he wasnt starting so when carlcon posted that he was in the team on soccerway I thought maybe I had just missed him

Looking at the free agents list there's some fair dacent attacking players left

Yeah sorry about that, soccerway have now changed the line-ups. No idea what happened there. They're usually on the ball.

Presume Pique is the big fella??? Thats actually where I had saw he wasnt starting so when carlcon posted that he was in the team on soccerway I thought maybe I had just missed him

His mam fed him well. Yeah think it was just a mix up on Soccerway's part

Looking at the free agents list there's some fair dacent attacking players left

Like who???;)

• Advertisement

I'm trying to figure out the Spanish front 6.
    Xavi....Busquets....Alonso
    Iniesta....................................Silva

Llorente/Torres
    ???

Mata, Fabregas, Negredo and a few others are giving me trouble.

Advertisement