Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fantasy Euro 2012(Auction)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

carlcon wrote: »
    I'll give you Lloris and 10m for Ozil. :P

What about Rvp for Rooney??? I will even throw in the 1m it cost me to buy Rooney

I'm trying to figure out the Spanish front 6.
    Xavi....Busquets....Alonso
    Iniesta....................................Silva

Llorente/Torres
    ???

Mata, Fabregas, Negredo and a few others are giving me trouble.

Id be guessing you are right with that, dont think Mata, Fabregas and Negredo will start, tough call between Llorente and Torres though, i reckon Llorente might get the nod

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭dchris

Too late to sign up? Have added team

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

manual_man wrote: »
    Looking at the free agents list there's some fair dacent attacking players left

Like who???;)

Shirokov. That's the only one i'm mentioning because i can't buy him :)

dchris wrote: »
    Too late to sign up? Have added team

Sorry we had to close entries on Friday to start the auction

• Advertisement

Saw that he scored 2 goals during the week alright, who are your 3 russian players?

Saw that he scored 2 goals during the week alright, who are your 3 russian players?

Malafeev, Ignashevic, Kerzhakov

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭dchris

No worries thanks!
    Sorry we had to close entries on Friday to start the auction

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

Llorente/Torres
    ???

Busquets..............Alonso

Iniesta............Fabregas...........Silva

Llorente

Didnt realise yout got Kerzhakov, is he first choice?

• Advertisement

swoody wrote: »
    Llorente/Torres
    ???

Llorente

Xavi for Fabregas. Bit of a toss up who starts up front

Llorente

Will Fabregas start ahead of Xavi?

Didnt realise yout got Kerzhakov, is he first choice?

Bit of a risk but i think so yeah. Pogrebnyak and Pavluyechenko haven't showed much in their warm-up games, while Kerzhakov has looked good. Hopeful he'll start. And score, obviously :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

Can't imagine Xavi being dropped. It's Xavi!

He started each of the 6 games he was fit for during the qualifiers, although he was subbed off 3 times.

Iniesta was the man to get from that midfield, IMO. I think he cost someone 16m to get him though.

Bit of a risk but i think so yeah. Pogrebnyak and Pavluyechenko haven't showed much in their warm-up games, while Kerzhakov has looked good. Hopeful he'll start. And score, obviously :)

Pav is still available for our league and I'm guessing he'll be well sought after this round. I fancy him as their #1 up front. I'd take a punt myself, but there are 2 forwards in particular I want instead, and I don't fancy adding a 5th striker.

This ain't no bluff...

Can't imagine Xavi being dropped. It's Xavi!

He started each of the 6 games he was fit for during the qualifiers, although he was subbed off 3 times.

Iniesta was the man to get from that midfield, IMO. I think he cost someone 16m to get him though.

I got Iniesta, think your right that Xavi will start but I can see him being subbed off for Fabregas in most games

Pav is still available for our league and I'm guessing he'll be well sought after this round. I fancy him as their #1 up front. I'd take a punt myself, but there are 2 forwards in particular I want instead, and I don't fancy adding a 5th striker.

This ain't no bluff...

Was thinking of going for Pav myself but its risky, even more so for me considering I only have Rooney so far and he is out for the first 2 games

Was thinking of going for Pav myself but its risky, even more so for me considering I only have Rooney so far and he is out for the first 2 games

Arshavin is probably the best bet for Russia in terms of safety. Huntelaar can't be ignored either if you're looking for a striker from a top team. I already have RVP and Sneijder, so I'm hoping someone picks up Huntelaar to add a little extra spice.

Pav is still available for our league and I'm guessing he'll be well sought after. I fancy him as their #1 up front. I'd take a punt myself, but there are 2 forwards in particular I want instead, and I don't fancy adding a 5th striker.

We'll see. But if you look at the lineup from Russia v Italy, it looked very like Advocaat was choosing his starting 11 with Czech Rep. in mind (Anyukov missed out, but he was injured apparently)

Arshavin is probably the best bet for Russia in terms of safety. Huntelaar can't be ignored either if you're looking for a striker from a top team. I already have RVP and Sneijder, so I'm hoping someone picks up Huntelaar to add a little extra spice.

Huntelaar would be risky as well though, alot of teams dont seem to have settled on their strikers yet. If you look at Holland with Huntelaar and Rvp, Germany with Gomez and Klose, Russia with Pav, Pog and Kerzhakov, Spain with Llorente and Torres

and even England with Welbeck or Carroll:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

Huntelaar would be risky as well though, alot of teams dont seem to have settled on their strikers yet. If you look at Holland with Huntelaar and Rvp, Germany with Gomez and Klose, Russia with Pav, Pog and Kerzhakov, Spain with Llorente and Torres

keane and doyle?
    walters should be starting imo

edit just turned on skysports news and jim just said the team that plays tomorrow, will start against croatia

keane and doyle?

Well I was trying to keep to players that people might actually consider getting, if someone buys Doyle it would want to be on a free and as alast resort

As for starting Walters ahead of Doyle id actually go with Long before either of them

Don't RVP and H usually play together up top? Both started all the games they were available for during the qualifiers, which is mostly what I'm going by. I'm doing my best to ignore friendlies, since practically anyone can play in them and not be seen again during a competitive game, and vice versa.

Can't argue with the rest you mentioned, but I'm pretty sure it's a lot more straight forward with the Dutch pairing.

keane and doyle?

edit just turned on skysports news and jim just said the team that plays tomorrow, will start against croatia

Given, O Shea, Dunne, St Ledger, Ward, McGeady, Andrews, Whelan, Duff, Keane, Doyle

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Chips Ahoy

do you need 2 goalies in this?

Not to happy with my transfers,still least i got Ronaldo though:P

Chips Ahoy wrote: »
    do you need 2 goalies in this?
    Not to happy with my transfers,still least i got Ronaldo though:P

No need for 2 goalies. As long as you have players in your squad to fit in any of the 3 formations you will be ok

dont forget deadline is 7pm this evening lads

Bids in. Good luck gents

Think I'm sorted too. I'll do my best to avoid making 7 changes in the next 3 hours... :o

Ah deadly. I got all me bids. Phew

• Advertisement

First look says Lahm was the most contested player this round. 8.5, 9, and 13 (!!!) bid on him.

Which honestly is crazy. Defenders get no extra points for goals or assists, and lose them for every goal conceded. I thought I was nuts spending 8.5... 13m is taking the cake.

Also bugger to the guy who bid 16.5 on Nasri when I had 16! :(

Advertisement