Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fantasy Euro 2012(Auction)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

bids processed lads

carlcon wrote: »
    First look says Lahm was the most contested player this round. 8.5, 9, and 13 (!!!) bid on him.

Which honestly is crazy. Defenders get no extra points for goals or assists, and lose them for every goal conceded. I thought I was nuts spending 8.5... 13m is taking the cake.

Also bugger to the guy who bid 16.5 on Nasri when I had 16! :(

I had a sneaky free bid on him, looks like I will have to find 2 frees to finalise my squad. Happy to have got Podolski and Huntelaar though

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Chips Ahoy

Yes! got a full team roll on the euros, took a gamble on shevchenko hope it pays off

manual_man wrote: »
    Ah deadly. I got all me bids. Phew

6 out of 8 for me, happy enough. No money left though:(

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

I think my sneaky bid of 1m on Schurrle could prove to be shrewd. Could be a dark horse of the tournament

Relieved to get the 15. R.E.L.A.X.

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

This is the team I can put out at the moment.

Casillas/Lloris
    Johnson...Rami...Zhirkov
    Schweinsteiger...Sneijder...Rosicky
    Muller...RVP...Silva

I'm going to have to bet big on at least one defender to make sure I have a good back 4 to begin with.

Midfield is OK, and needs one more to put on the bench, but I'm delighted with my front 3.

I think my sneaky bid of 1m on Schurrle could prove to be shrewd. Could be a dark horse of the tournament

I got Afellay on a free, hoping he might prove to be a bargain. Knowing my luck he wont play any games

I got Afellay on a free, hoping he might prove to be a bargain. Knowing my luck he wont play any games

I'm 90% sure Afellay will play... that was a great bargain

This is the team I can put out at the moment.

Casillas/Lloris
    Johnson...Rami...Zhirkov
    Schweinsteiger...Sneijder...Rosicky
    Muller...RVP...Silva

I'm going to have to bet big on at least one defender to make sure I have a good back 4 to begin with.

Midfield is OK, and needs one more to put on the bench, but I'm delighted with my front 3.

Have to say I think you might have spent a bit much on Silva, 16m. Really strong side though, considered bidding on Rosicky myself but went with Afellay instead. At the minute I have

Buffon/Given

Pique/Kadlec/A.Cole/Berezutski

Iniesta/Ozil/Dzagoev/Afellay

Rooney/Huntelaar/Podolski

I know Italy conceded 3 against Russia last week but Buffon wasnt playing and Italy only conceded two goals in qualifying and both Ireland and Croatia dont score goals so hopefully he can pick up a couple of clean sheets(preferably against Spain and Croatia though). Given is similar in that Trap will have us organised and I think both Italy and Croatia will struggle to break us down

Delighted to have got Pique and Kadlec. I wanted an English defender and I was going to pick Terry but he was doubtful after the Belgium game so I said it was safer go with Cole. Missed out on Anyukov but happy with Berezutski anyway

Over the moon with getting Iniesta and Ozil, two most valuable players in it imo. Dzagoev will hopefully keep his form up as well and I feel Afellay could score big if he gets gametime

I have gambled big time with Rooney. Hopefully England start well and I can see them scoring against Ukraine in the last game so Im hoping Rooney will be fresh. Podolski and Huntelaar will score goals

Have to say I think you might have spent a bit much on Silva, 16m. Really strong side though, considered bidding on Rosicky myself but went with Afellay instead.

If Silva's in Spain's first 11 (which I suspect he is), then he's as good as anyone else, IMO. 16m is too much for anyone, but if someone else wanted him, it may not have been enough. I mean, I also bid 16m on Nasri, who isn't half the player Silva is, and lost that bid. So pricing is all relative.

And by the looks of things, I'm going over the top again this round, this time for a defender.

And believe it or not, I actually did the opposite with Rosicky/Afellay. Had Afellay at first, but weighed up his chances of being guarenteed a first place -v- Rosicky's easier group and importance to his team. Wasn't an easy decision, so it'll be interesting to see how it pans out.

• Advertisement

If Silva's in Spain's first 11 (which I suspect he is), then he's as good as anyone else, IMO. 16m is too much for anyone, but if someone else wanted him, it may not have been enough. I mean, I also bid 16m on Nasri, who isn't half the player Silva is, and lost that bid. So pricing is all relative.

And by the looks of things, I'm going over the top again this round, this time for a defender.

And believe it or not, I actually did the opposite with Rosicky/Afellay. Had Afellay at first, but weighed up his chances of being guarenteed a first place -v- Rosicky's easier group and importance to his team. Wasn't an easy decision, so it'll be interesting to see how it pans out.

True about Silva, especially when you look at the fact no one has gambled on Torres or Llorente as its too hard to call as to which of them will start, at least Silva is a guaranteed starter

btw.... deadline for next round of bids is 12pm Wednesday

If the 12pm Wednesday deadline is for my benefit since I said I wouldn't be here tomorrow, there's no need now. When we first had suggested times up, they said bidding started at midday each day (ie, the next round did not start immediately after the last). Now that bidding starts immediately after the last round was closed, I can easily pick my bids tonight, then be missing tomorrow for those 12 hours when I thought the window was only opened.

If the 12pm Wednesday deadline is for my benefit since I said I wouldn't be here tomorrow, there's no need now. When we first had suggested times up, they said bidding started at midday each day (ie, the next round did not start immediately after the last). Now that bidding starts immediately after the last round was closed, I can easily pick my bids tonight, then be missing tomorrow for those 12 hours when I thought the window was only opened.

We will leave it at 12pm Wednesday now, most people should be sorted after this round and if not we will have another round from Wednesday until Thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Skippy44

Have 13 of 15 so far. I've tried as much as possible to pick players who will most likely start games.

Akinfeev/Casillas

Alba/Maggio/Badstuber

Elm/Rakitic/Yarmolenko/Eriksen

Lewandowski/Robben/Balotelli/Pedro

Can't decide whether to go for 2 defenders or 1 def and 1 midfielder to finish squad tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

First look says Lahm was the most contested player this round. 8.5, 9, and 13 (!!!) bid on him.

Which honestly is crazy. Defenders get no extra points for goals or assists, and lose them for every goal conceded. I thought I was nuts spending 8.5... 13m is taking the cake.

Also bugger to the guy who bid 16.5 on Nasri when I had 16! :(

Ha sorry about that. I was getting desperate for a decent midfielder! I saw a good few people throwing 16m at players and changed it at the last second to 16.5!

bids processed

got Hummels and Arshavin both on frees myself. Happy enough with my squad

Buffon/Given

Berezutski/A.Cole/Hummels/Kadlec/Pique

Afellay/Iniesta/Ozil/Dzagoev

Rooney/Huntelaar/Arshavin/Podolski

everyone in boards.ie has a full squad bar carlcon who needs two more players

Cabelleros O.F.C needs 2 more players and Amkar Championov needs 1 in boards.ie2

bids processed

got Hummels and Arshavin both on frees myself. Happy enough with my squad

Buffon/Given

Berezutski/A.Cole/Hummels/Kadlec/Pique

Afellay/Iniesta/Ozil/Dzagoev

Rooney/Huntelaar/Arshavin/Podolski

everyone has a full squad bar carlcon who needs two more players

Jesus that's some team, i'm happy enough that i'm not in your league

Chips Ahoy wrote: »
    Jesus that's some team, i'm happy enough that i'm not in your league

Yeah, im happy with it, just hope Huntelaar plays now as I wont have Rooney for the first 2 games

What have you got?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Spent my whole 100 million on this

Cech- Akinfeev

H Badstuber-G Chiellini- R Dunne- G Clichy-Pepe
    J Blaszczykowski-Xavi-R van der Vaart-S Gerrard-M van Bommel
    F Torres- C Ronaldo- N jejavic

Spent my whole 100 million on this

Cech- Akinfeev

H Badstuber-G Chiellini- R Dunne- G Clichy-Pepe
    J Blaszczykowski-Xavi-R van der Vaart-S Gerrard-M van Bommel
    F Torres- C Ronaldo- N jejavic

you got the 2 keepers I had wanted from the start:D I also wanted Chiellini and I was thinking of taking a gamble on Torres but with Rooney out for the first 2 games and Huntelaar not guaranteed a start I said it would be safer go with Arshavin

if Torres starts he could score big, everyone knows Ronaldo will take 50 shots a game so he will surely score a few and with Xavi, VDV and Gerrard in midfield you should get plenty of goals from that team

• Advertisement

Yeah, im happy with it, just hope Huntelaar plays now as I wont have Rooney for the first 2 games

What have you got?

Lloris
    F Coentrao / Chiellini / Rami / t Gebre Selassie / Van der Wiel

Mcgeady / Dzagoev / Gerrard / M'Vila / Rosicky / Konoplyanka

Keane/ Ronaldo / Shevchenko

Hmm think i should spent my money better

Chips Ahoy wrote: »
    Lloris
    F Coentrao / Chiellini / Rami / t Gebre Selassie / Van der Wiel

Mcgeady / Dzagoev / Gerrard / M'Vila / Rosicky / Konoplyanka

Keane/ Ronaldo / Shevchenko

Hmm think i should spent my money better

thats a decent side, Lloris is a top keeper and Gerrard, Rosicky and Dzagoev should score points in midfield and hopefully Mcgeady as well

We all know if Ireland score it will most likely be Keane and as I said above about Ronaldo he is bound to score goals. Shevchenko always has been and always will be a goalscorer

Hehe, brilliant. Just logged in from the States to find everyone in my league but me has a full 15 and spent all their money. I have 2 free spots left and 8m. So I have 2 free bids I can't lose coming up, leaving me with extra transfer funds during the tournament.

Also got Malouda and Mertesacker, my 2 serious bids this round. Happy happy. :D

Ready to go

Hart Malafeev

Ignashevic Wazilewski Piscek Lahm Ward

McGeady Yarmolenko Laarson

Giroud Schurrle Keane Ibra Kerzhakov

I've made my 2 bids, so if you want to close our league early, go right ahead. That's us all done now.

I've made my 2 bids, so if you want to close our league early, go right ahead. That's us all done now.

Are you sure??? No turning back if i hit process bids

Ready to go

Hart Malafeev

You have enough strikers anyway, good squad though, ibra and kerzhakov should score a few, dont suppose you want to swap either for arshavin???

Ready to go

Hart Malafeev

You have enough strikers anyway, good squad though, ibra and kerzhakov should score a few, dont suppose you want to swap either for arshavin???

Hehe no

:D

Are you sure??? No turning back if i hit process bids

Go for it. Slim pickings left anyway, and I've just picked 2 players who I'm likely to use as subs.

As long as it accepts my 0m bids for both, we're all good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Neuer/Isaksson

Ramos/Maggio/Anyukov/Wawrzyniak/Granat

Nasri/Alonso/Shirokov/Kallstrom/McClean

Gomez/Lewondowski/Llorente

Happy enough. Midfield leaves a bit to be desired and I am gambling on Llorente playing.

Advertisement