Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fantasy Euro 2012(Auction)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

The final 2 I've just added are Abeloa and Young.

So now...

Casillas - Lloris

Zhirkov - Johnson - Mertesacker - Rami - Arbeloa

Schweinsteiger - Sneijder - Rosicky - Malouda

RVP - Muller - Silva - Young

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

carlcon wrote: »
    The final 2 I've just added are Abeloa and Young.

So now...

Casillas - Lloris

Zhirkov - Johnson - Mertesacker - Rami - Arbeloa

Schweinsteiger - Sneijder - Rosicky - Malouda

RVP - Muller - Silva - Young

Was tempted to go with Young myself but with Hodgsons tactics I cant see England scoring too many goals

Probably the best squad I have seen though, one question though, will Mertesacker play? I thought Hummels had taken his spot in the side

Was tempted to go with Young myself but with Hodgsons tactics I cant see England scoring too many goals

Probably the best squad I have seen though, one question though, will Mertesacker play? I thought Hummels had taken his spot in the side

Yeah I had Young in my squad on day 1, but came to the same conclusion about England not scoring many so dropped him. Was very much a "he'll have to do" final option signing.

I'm not 100% sure about Mertesacker, which is why I made sure I got a 5th defender. He was consistently in the first XI throughout qualifiers, and started/finished the last friendly so I'm fairly confident in him.

Just reading the rules about subs...
    You are free to make substitutions or transfers at anytime during the tournament. The deadline for each match is right up until a game's scheduled kick-off, allowing for your last minute changes of heart.

This means that even if matches are still being played, you can make changes for subsequent fixtures without losing points for players in the current match.

However, it is important to note that if a player is not in your starting line-up at the scheduled kick-off time, then he will not score any points for your team.

Not sure I understand it fully. Are they saying they're the same as the "official" Euro FF game in that you can sub out a player who has already played if he had a bad game?

Just reading the rules about subs...

Not sure I understand it fully. Are they saying they're the same as the "official" Euro FF game in that you can sub out a player who has already played if he had a bad game?

Not quite sure about that, I will have a look shortly.

Now that the auction is complete we need to setup the transfer windows. I propose we do one after each round of matches. eg. first round deadline will be 12pm next Tuesday.

All teams will have played and if anyone has any players that they thought might be playing but dont they can transfer them out

What does everyone else think?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

Stekelenburg / Szczesny
    Debuchy / van der Wiel / Terry / Boateng / Alba
    Ribery / Fabregas / Khedira / Izmailov / Duff
    Robben / Klose / Benzema

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Any clarification on the sub rules? I have to say, I find it as confusing as sh*t. Site is very user-unfriendly too, if you're trying to manage from a tablet or phone

manual_man wrote: »
    Any clarification on the sub rules? I have to say, I find it as confusing as sh*t. Site is very user-unfriendly too, if you're trying to manage from a tablet or phone

I have emailed them to find out, just waiting for a reply, will let ye know when I hear back from them

I have emailed them to find out, just waiting for a reply, will let ye know when I hear back from them

Cheers man. I don't know about anyone else but it seems a case of over-complicating things! (Not sure i even know how to set my subs order)

i think this is it.....

if you have players for Poland vs Greece and discover that they arent playing there is no problem substituting them out before kick off or whilst the game is on going, then the same happens for Russia vs Czech Republic. catch my drift.....?

the supersubs thing is if you have a social life and wont be near a computer before any matches to do your manual subs.....it does them for you on day! just mark who you want in 2 4 6 8 10 days before they kickoff and bobs your uncle...when game week 1 finishes!

• Advertisement

Sorry lads, but this is too convoluted. I want out!

Just had the following reply:

You can change your team as many times as you like for every separate kick-off time. So you should be able to field your entire squad in every match they play.

Maybe I'm being dumb, but that's still not telling me "you can take a player out of your team who has already played".

I know we can change our teams up until kick-off, but that's not saying anything about what you can do with players who have played after kick-off.

If that's their response, I guess we'll just have to find out ourselves after the Poland -v- Greece game (presuming one of us who has one of their players will be here).

Maybe I'm being dumb, but that's still not telling me "you can take a player out of your team who has already played".

I know we can change our teams up until kick-off, but that's not saying anything about what you can do with players who have played after kick-off.

If that's their response, I guess we'll just have to find out ourselves after the Poland -v- Greece game (presuming one of us who has one of their players will be here).

I think it means that for example you have Akinfeev playing tomorrow night and he keeps a clean sheet you get 4 points for him

If you the have Given who plays Sunday night and you sub him in and he keeps a clean sheet he will get you 4 points so in total your 2 keepers will get you 8 points

btw this is only my interpretation so dont blame me if its not right

I think it means that for example you have Akinfeev playing tomorrow night and he keeps a clean sheet you get 4 points for him

If you the have Given who plays Sunday night and you sub him in and he keeps a clean sheet he will get you 4 points so in total your 2 keepers will get you 8 points

btw this is only my interpretation so dont blame me if its not right
    i've been googling this and FFSout had this......

There are yet more options with substitutions. In general, a manager can make unlimited substitutions up until match day, he can also tweak his team before each of Saturdays kick-offs and then again before the Sunday games. However the Chairman can once again, intervene here, setting a rule to force managers to select a lineup for the gameweek before the Saturday morning kick-off and therefore removing any advantage for the more hands-on managers who tweak their teams constantly over the weekend. Fantasy League’s new “Supersubs” is another option that can be chosen here. These allow the manager to effectively programme in substitutions for the fixtures ahead, days before the games take place. Again this allows managers to make the most of staggered games over the Saturday, Sunday and Monday so it’s up to the Chairman whether the supersubs option is available. However it’s another example of the multitude of tools and options that managers and chairmen have at their disposal.

how about a couple of swaps before you go? Say Arshavin for Kerzhakov, A. Cole for Ibra and Hummels for Lahm???:D

how about a couple of swaps before you go? Say Arshavin for Kerzhakov, A. Cole for Ibra and Hummels for Lahm???:D

Nice try! :pac:

Seriously though i'll probly just try release them all at the earliest opportunity... I want to enjoy the game, but it's a little hardcore for me, i just want to enjoy the tournament.....

Nice try! :pac:

Seriously though i'll probly just try release them all at the earliest opportunity... I want to enjoy the game, but it's a little hardcore for me, i just want to enjoy the tournament.....
    GIVE IT A LASH MAN, GIVE IT A LASH MAN, NEVER NEVER NEVER SAY NO! IRELAND IRELAND, REPUBLIC OF IRELAND RAP IT UP AND HERE WE GO!

(sorry couldnt resist)

To be fair, the hard part is over now. It was the auctions that took up most of the time/stress. From here on in you just stick your formation in place, maybe make a transfer or two. If you've reached this point, you're pretty much home and dry.

is there no captain choice in this???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Skippy44

Best of luck everyone.

Dzagoev and Arshavin:D

Kadlec:mad:

WILL LISTEN TO OFFERS............

tumblr_m5bcp95P3l1ruq56ao1_250.giftumblr_m5bcp95P3l1ruq56ao2_250.gif
    tumblr_m5bcp95P3l1ruq56ao3_250.giftumblr_m5bcp95P3l1ruq56ao4_250.gif
    tumblr_m5bcp95P3l1ruq56ao5_250.giftumblr_m5bcp95P3l1ruq56ao6_250.gif

Dzagoev and Arshavin:D

Kadlec:mad:

Afellay starts:D

No Huntelaar:mad:

Huntelaar will be on in the second half and if the game is stretched he will more then likely score.......

swoody wrote: »
    Huntelaar will be on in the second half and if the game is stretched he will more then likely score.......

:(

got an assist for Khedira...:cool:

Feeling even more confident about Silva now. No Spanish strikers starting at all. Looks like Silva, Iniesta, and Fabregas will be leading the line at various times.

Feeling even more confident about Silva now. No Spanish strikers starting at all. Looks like Silva, Iniesta, and Fabregas will be leading the line at various times.
    ive Fabregas :D

need some points on the board in this game......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Chips Ahoy

got an assist from mcgeady and goals from dzagoev so far

Advertisement