Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Useless words that people say

12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

All set.
    Are you all set? meaning "Are you done with that?", "Are you finished?", "Are you sorted?" The yanks use it all the time especially in restaurants when wondering if you have tipped them at the end of your meal. They always use it in work too, I probably hear the phrase over 50 times per day.

Man cave is another one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭beeroclock

South facing, or anything else an estate agent can mutter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,709 ✭✭✭Tombo2001

How-and-ever......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 914 ✭✭✭Dramatik

"In retrospect"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Spread

Dramatik wrote: »
    "In retrospect"

In retrospect I'm going forward

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭gobnaitolunacy

'Optics'

Something you get in a telescope IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭9959

Spread wrote: »
    In retrospect I'm going forward

"In retrospect I'm going forward, year on year, with the benefit of 20/20 hindsight, frankly I don't know whether I'm coming or going, but who cares with all those excellent unvouched expenses, ahead of me and eh, behind me, so to speak Marian, I mean Miriam."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Spread

9959 wrote: »
    "In retrospect I'm going forward, year on year, with the benefit of 20/20 hindsight, frankly I don't know whether I'm coming or going, but who cares with all those excellent unvouched expenses, ahead of me and eh, behind me, so to speak Marian, I mean Miriam."

At the end of the day, basically, you're bang to rights with your thinly veiled but deeply satisfying historical analogy. Just sayin'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭optimistic_

beeroclock wrote: »
    South facing, or anything else an estate agent can mutter

Hold on, that's a legitimate description of something? What's your beef with it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

'Randomer'

As in "some randomer...."

Just fúck off with this stupid crap. Fair enough if you're a bleach blonde surfer dude from California, that is permanently 'skunked' up living the surfing lifestyle. Otherwise cop yourself on twat.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭beeroclock

Hold on, that's a legitimate description of something? What's your beef with it?

Turn on your sarcam detector and you'll get my post :p

beeroclock wrote: »
    Turn on your sarcam detector and you'll get my post :p
    damnit!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Choochtown wrote: »
    Lookit what I'm about to say carries great significance and wisdom and you should listen to it carefully as it will enrich your life.

Often used by RTE hurling analysts.

A lookit must be accompanied by the correct hand signal ( frozen karate chop) to be considered a valid lookit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭ruthloss

"personally, myself., and I can only speak for myself".

Why can't people just say 'personally', we all know what it means.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9 blueflag1

'Fact!' and 'Key'.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭leonidas83

Delish or defo, piss me off, alot of so called words that end with ish or o

leonidas83 wrote: »
    Delish or defo, piss me off, alot of so called words that end with ish or o

Hello dish!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

''Wine o'clock''

Always put as a staus update on Facebook by some annoying,middle aged bint you used to work with.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

''Wine o'clock''

Always put as a staus update on Facebook by some annoying,middle aged bint you used to work with.

as opposed to the status update "whine o clock" always put up on Facebook by some annoying young one that you used to work with.

• Advertisement
Advertisement