Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Regional Work Swan Valley

Options
  • 30-05-2012 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hello,

Am flying into Perth in the next few months with the intention of getting, or at least trying to get the regional work out of the way as soon as.

I was on the Harvest Trail site and seen that the Swan Valley is classed as a regional post code. If I was able to secure work there would it be feasible to stay in Perth City whilst doing it as it says it's only 20 minutes from the CBD?

Any advice or information appreciated

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

It's more like 30 minutes on a good day with no traffic. Twice as long if you're getting public transport as only buses go out that way.

Better off living somewhere in between IMO like Bayswater or Bassendean.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

If you have an address for the workplace then enter it into "directions" option google maps and also enter an address near where you think you'll be based in the CBD, it should give you good approximate about travel times on public transport (if any) or by car.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Dubnobass

Xavi6 wrote: »
    It's more like 30 minutes on a good day with no traffic. Twice as long if you're getting public transport as only buses go out that way.

Better off living somewhere in between IMO like Bayswater or Bassendean.

Thanks for that. The plan is to stick around Perth for a while anyway so if there's a chance of getting work in Swan Valley I might aswell look at more long term accommodation in or around the suburbs.

Will look into the places mentioned aswell as ones around them, Would there be any areas to avoid?

catbear wrote: »
    If you have an address for the workplace then enter it into "directions" option google maps and also enter an address near where you think you'll be based in the CBD, it should give you good approximate about travel times on public transport (if any) or by car.

Thanks, No address as of yet as I'm still in Ireland but will look at that once I arrive.

Dubnobass wrote: »
    Thanks for that. The plan is to stick around Perth for a while anyway so if there's a chance of getting work in Swan Valley I might aswell look at more long term accommodation in or around the suburbs.

Will look into the places mentioned aswell as ones around them, Would there be any areas to avoid?

Yeah plenty. In that direction stay away from the likes of Mirrabooka, Dianella and to a lesser extent Morley. Ballajura might be an option but it depends on if you've a car.

If you don't then it's best to stick close to the train lines, which is why I mentioned Bassendean. Suburbs along the Midland train line would be ideal in that scenario.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭ellaq

Guildford, caversham and Bennett Springs are on the outer edges of the swan valley. Lots of new rental options in Midland area, on the train line and just a few minute drive to the Swan Valley.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭jamiecoins

posted in the wrong thread lol

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Nick Diamond

my mates out in Perth trying to get some regional sorted, have you got anything fixed up yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Yeah plenty. In that direction stay away from the likes of Mirrabooka, Dianella and to a lesser extent Morley. Ballajura might be an option but it depends on if you've a car.

If you don't then it's best to stick close to the train lines, which is why I mentioned Bassendean. Suburbs along the Midland train line would be ideal in that scenario.

Spent a bit in these areas. While they are pure suburbia, I wouldn't call them rough? If it's out of the way you meant?

my mates out in Perth trying to get some regional sorted, have you got anything fixed up yet?

Haven't gone out yet. Another couple of months before I arrive in Perth, was just trying to get as much info as possible before I head out.

• Advertisement

seachto7 wrote: »
    Spent a bit in these areas. While they are pure suburbia, I wouldn't call them rough? If it's out of the way you meant?

Mirrabooka is particularly dodgy, especially around the shopping centre. I worked there and in Morley, both rough in the not nice way.

Advertisement