Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The *ONLY* After Hours thread about the European Championships.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭BIG BAD JOHN

pavb2 wrote: »
    Ozil

Right enough, he has a face only a mother could love.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭cardwizzard

I was supposed to be going to Poznan from Vienna last night, been floored with a virus though :-(
    Absolutely gutted, was 50 of us going combining a stag into the mix.

I fancy us to get a draw against the Croats, especially if the supporters get really behind the team.

Go on ye good tings ye ! :-)

:eek::eek::eek:

Grow a pair pal. And start walking, get the thumb out or do whatever u have to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

c71fcf2c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭ringadingding

:eek::eek::eek:

Grow a pair pal. And start walking, get the thumb out or do whatever u have to do.

Trust me, if I was in any shape to go, I'd be there, it was shaping up to be the weekend of the year, and the boys keep sending me pictures, the coonts :-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭cardwizzard

Wild horses come to mind.

• Advertisement

Wallowing in self pity instead
    Gotta take these things on the chin.
    I don't even have energy to watch it in the pub, so I'll be forced to watch it at home with German fûckin commentary

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 307 ✭✭CodyJarrett

These fans never thought they'd bump into this guy:

https://twitter.com/Irishicecream/status/211771138500599810/photo/1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Pedant wrote: »
    Why people are so crazy about football that it deserves its own sticky is beyond me.

People only look at the first page mostly. If this is stickied it may stop other threads on the subject popping up, well that and it's the biggest most exciting thing to happen in this country since the budget of '09.

Don't know one end of a football player from another but I have to say this could be good craic.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Higher

My friend txted me to say some muppets from Donegal started throwing bottles at the police in Poznan square last night while cowardly hiding in a big group of Irish supporters. My friends and a load of other lads intervened and frog-marched them to the police.

Hope they got a beating, Irish soccer fans have a great reputation abroad, these idiots should **** off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Toby Take a Bow

Trust me, if I was in any shape to go, I'd be there, it was shaping up to be the weekend of the year, and the boys keep sending me pictures, the coonts :-(

Are you waiting out the virus in Vienna or did you fly home?

Either way, that sucks. Hope it's not just the Croatia game and you get to go to the others.

• Advertisement

Have my bar picked out, nice Irish bar that sell pint bottles of bulmers and have an outdoor screen. Heading to watch the Italian match first. Right after I check out the colluseum ;)

Enjoy the festivities lads :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Higher wrote: »
    My friend txted me to say some muppets from Donegal started throwing bottles at the police in Poznan square last night while cowardly hiding in a big group of Irish supporters.

Donegal is in the ROI too.

Are you waiting out the virus in Vienna or did you fly home?

Either way, that sucks. Hope it's not just the Croatia game and you get to go to the others.

Nar, I live in Vienna, sizeable amount of paddys here, one of us getting married, due to be his stag and footy weekend away...
    I might go for the Italy game ....

• Site Banned Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Higher

Confab wrote: »
    Donegal is in the ROI too.

Did I say it wasn't?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

C'mon Ireland.

Free bans for everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Varied

Fair play to Denmark yesterday, very lucky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Varied wrote: »
    Fair play to Denmark yesterday, very lucky.

I wouldn't say they were that lucky at all....

Terribly negative approach from the Netherlands given their attacking riches with two defensive midfielders and RVP practically on his own up front with Robben and Affalay greedy beyond reproach...

besides, the dutch only really created about two real quality chances...most of their other billion shots were aimed at row z from 40 yards out (robben being the chief offender here).

Whats a good result in the first match today for Ireland, or does it matter much?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Whats a good result in the first match today for Ireland, or does it matter much?

A win would set us up nicely for getting out of the group and a draw will make sure it goes to the last game. If we lose we're looking at an early exit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭martic

Seen this on Facebook :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

Ohhhh the excitement :)

A win would set us up nicely for getting out of the group and a draw will make sure it goes to the last game. If we lose we're looking at an early exit.

I was more talking about the Italy v Spain game. I assume Ireland will be 3 for 3 :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

I was more talking about the Italy v Spain game. I assume Ireland will be 3 for 3 :D

An Italian win could be a good result....it would be good playing an already qualified Italy in the last round of games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭italodisco

So it looks like things are getting a bit heated over there in Poland, wonder will the Polish Police ever show up when trouble starts lol.....By the way, the guys you see in the video below are not Police, they are called Straz, something like reserve Gardai here but paid, just no full Police powers.....

and the friendly russians...

And from what i hear from a pal who was in the thick of the fighting in Poznan last night Croat and Irish fans were attack by hool type Polish lads.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Not many Italians in the place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Some good, old fashioned hard tackles going in in the Spain-Italy game.

That Man city lad Balotelli (?) is a feckin nutter too :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭dj jarvis

how long before balotelli gets sent off ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

The way things are playing out I feel we could come away with a point from Spain on Thursday just muscle them off the ball And close all the gaps Italy are the much better team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

Cork24 wrote: »
    The way things are playing out I feel we could come away with a point from Spain on Thursday just muscle them off the ball And close all the gaps Italy are the much better team

I reckon we will see lorente soon here the same if it goes like this in our game.

• Advertisement

surely a draw in the spain v italy game is the best result for ireland ?

we win, then we go top of the group - we lose , then we are only one point off spain and italy

makes perfect sense to me :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I don't want to jinx it but I'd be delighted with a 0-0 draw here.

dj jarvis wrote: »
    surely a draw in the spain v italy game is the best result for ireland ?

we win, then we go top of the group - we lose , then we are only one point off spain and italy

makes perfect sense to me :D

I don't know maybe a Spain win would do us better if we can win tonight get a point against Spain and take it to Italy

Balotelli you utter dope!

what the fook was balatelli doing there?

WTF is bale doing ??

• Advertisement

Balotelli just choked.

balotelli

ciao balotelli :-)

Best thing about this tournament so far is.....

No fcuking vuvuzelas.

What?! they are taking him off? he was doing very well i thought? :confused:

I do wonder why balotelli is being sub :confused:

• Advertisement

He could have picked up a knock. Would explain the mess he made of that effort a few minutes ago

I hope the Ireland game is as energetic as this one.

Goooooooooaaaaalllllllllll!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 ancientoracle

Nice finish, totally deserved to be honest, Spain have been terrible

Lovely finish.. I suppose if anyone has to win this game it's better for us if it's Italy

shows it was the perfect swap for the other goon , hope now spain get one back , because they will be gunning for us if they lose this

1-1 is the score we want

• Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Varied

Peach of a goal but what were the Spanish defence at?!

Varied wrote: »
    Peach of a goal but what were the Spanish defence at?!

Doing what they always do crap.. Spain at the back is very poor,

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE HHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAA

Fck that was a quick one

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

Italy are a class act. Irish fans seem to think they're there for the taking but not on this evidence.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement