Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The *ONLY* After Hours thread about the European Championships.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

<snip>

Sorry Mike. No boobies allowed.

I reckon we've all already seen it anywho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

mike65 wrote: »
    <snip>

Sorry Mike. No boobies allowed.

I reckon we've all already seen it anywho.

You want Euro 2012 boobies.....well here's the biggest pair of tits you will see at this year's Championships....

http://www.channel4.com/news/media/2010/02/day23/23_cole_terry_r_540x300.jpg

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,282 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Spain 1 Rep of Ireland 2

Ha? 3-0 to spain at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,676 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Gnobe wrote: »
    I know and I commend the FA for that.

But I just find hypocritical when some England fans make a big deal out of Russia's and eastern europes problems getting awarded international tournaments when England weren't, at that stage, in any great shakes themeselves with behaviour at that time.

That doesn't mean we should ignore Russia/Eastern Europes problems either of course, but just saying.

"England fans"? Can you proivde a link, please? The initial comment was about Russina fans being investigate by Polish police. England fans were never mentioned, and England aren't even playing in Poland.

Agree with the last part. Hopefully it can act as some sort of wake-up call. But as I said in my (admittedly amended) post, if FIFA/UEFA were to remove tournamenrts based on outbreaks of hooliganism, they'd be moving every thrid or fourth tournament.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭dirtyden

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    "England fans"? Can you proivde a link, please? The initial comment was about Russina fans being investigate by Polish police. England fans were never mentioned, and England aren't even playing in Poland.

Agree with the last part. Hopefully it can act as some sort of wake-up call. But as I said in my (admittedly amended) post, if FIFA/UEFA were to remove tournamenrts based on outbreaks of hooliganism, they'd be moving every thrid or fourth tournament.

I think the poster was referring to the fact that England were awarded euro96 when their fans had a far from glowing reputation, and was not inferring that english fans caused trouble in Poland.

In fairness to the english fa they are probably the best example of a country who have had real success in removing hooliganism from football support.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Looking forward to Ze Germans v The Oranje tonight.

Sholud be a cracker.

Super-Rush wrote: »

Sholud be a cracker.

Deutschland Deutschland Uber alles :D

C'mon the Gerries!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Sholud be a cracker.

Predict the score, I'd say 3/2 to the germans.

hondasam wrote: »
    Predict the score, I'd say 3/2 to the germans.

1-1 draw!

• Advertisement

Sholud be a cracker.

Should be a good one alright. Agree with kfallon 1-1 I'd guess.

3-1 to Germany.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Hope the Germans score in the first 10 minutes....you'll see a game then, Dutch would have to go for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

3 - 2 to Netherlands

I've a tenner on it at 25/1 though so obviously it's not going to happen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,676 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

dirtyden wrote: »
    I think the poster was referring to the fact that England were awarded euro96 when their fans had a far from glowing reputation, and was not inferring that english fans caused trouble in Poland.

In fairness to the english fa they are probably the best example of a country who have had real success in removing hooliganism from football support.

It was the claim that the English fans were complaining about Russia getting the tournament that I was querying.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭AEDIC

It was the claim that the English fans were complaining about Russia getting the tournament that I was querying.

ALL of the English fans were complaining about Russia getting the tournament?...Jebus the noise must have been deafening... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭AEDIC

Germany 2 -1 methinks..

AEDIC wrote: »
    ALL of the English fans were complaining about Russia getting the tournament?...Jebus the noise must have been deafening... ;)

That's what the tell me.

Oh, nad Germany 2 - 0.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

I have a feeling the best odds of the night will be on the number of red cards. Germany to win!

Happyman42 wrote: »
    Hope the Germans score 6 in the first 10 minutes....you'll see a game then, Dutch would have to go for it home.

FYP :p And here's hoping....

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brendog

Ronaldo the only one not singing the national anthem. What an arse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Brendog wrote: »
    He sounded the best out of all of them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Mance Rayder

All this talk about Russian Hooligans, What about the fact the a large group of Polish attacked a Russian group celebrating Russia day on the way to the match? Just because a group of Polish, English, Russian, Irish or whatever are involved in fighting does not mean that the whole race should be excummunicated from football.

What about the Irish crowds jeering the English team as they arrived by bus?

All this talk of hooligans and finger pointing does nothing for anyone, Bottem line is:

There are hooligans in every country, every race. Lets not forget that most people behave themselves and are civil. Forget about the idiots and enjoy the football!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

All this talk about Russian Hooligans, What about the fact the a large group of Polish attacked a Russian group celebrating Russia day on the way to the match? Just because a group of Polish, English, Russian, Irish or whatever are involved in fighting does not mean that the whole race should be excummunicated from football.

Who is saying that? Most reports put the blame on the Russians in that one anyway.

Slagging is what I would call that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭dirtyden

Apologies misinterpreted your post.

I think there was some complaining around the time the bid winners were announced as England had bidded for the 2018 and 2022 world cups also. There was more whinging abour Qatar though. Fifa judges accused of corruption etc. But I think you are correct on the successful russian bid I do not think there was much grinding of the teeth on that one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭Opticom

Brendog wrote: »

Only the plebs have to sing the anthem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Varied

Yes!

Ronaldo has caught the Torres bug. :D

• Advertisement

All this talk about Russian Hooligans, What about the fact the a large group of Polish attacked a Russian group celebrating Russia day on the way to the match?

They got the very reaction they were hoping for. Celebrating "National Russia Day" me hole. They knew exactly what they were doing. Shít-stirring in a country where Russian-Polish animosity is running high. Could you imagine the scenes in Dublin if we were playing Northern Ireland and the Orange Order decided to have another Love Ulster parade about the place? It's no excuse to start attacking them, but all they were looking for was to provoke trouble. Same with the large flag they unfurled at the start of the match, big red flag with a Soviet style design and "This is Russia". Posturing and bravado from a bunch of knuckledraggers. It's no suprise that Russian fans have been singled out for racist abuse during a match too.. apparently the Czech player Gebre Selassie was getting the usual dimwitted jeers.

At first I was a bit disappointed about that, I thought they'd made eejits of themselves, but then I read a report in the English paper and they mentioned the good natured atmosphere and how and English section of the crowd had chants of their own going about Thierry Henry and the Euro :pac: that it was all taken in good fun between both sides. The video on youtube really only got the Irish crowd. That's light hearted rivalry, in a different league to gangs of "men" going around looking for someone to beat on. So far I've only heard of Russians and Polish doing this.
    Forget about the idiots and enjoy the football!

Enjoyment of the game is ruined when you have second thoughts about travelling to certain venues etc as a spectator, and that's what a reputation of hooliganism gets you. I love to watch football. I'd love to be there. Would I enjoy a match if I went for a píss at half time and saw a large group of scumbags beating the hell out a match steward leaving him slumped on the ground? ...and that's inside the stadium? That's not idiocy. That's criminality and mindless dirtbags who could have easily left a body behind. Luckily the steward in the video I saw could get to his feet with help after the beating he got.

TLDR - no room for scumbags in football, and the only way they'll begin to understand is to penalise the team. After all it's one of the reasons Serbia aren't at the finals.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭spirit_77

really enjoying the tournament so far

• Closed Accounts Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Diego Maradona

Really hope the Germans send Holland packing tonight, although Gomez is starting so I'm not so confident.

Germany 2-2 Holland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Are Germany playing Holland tonight?
    Or the whole of the Netherlands?

I think Netherlands will score late to tie the game 3-2. :p

Angela Merkel will insist on 3 pts for Germany.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Another good game there, its shaping up to be a great tournament.

Super Mario Goalmez :D Noch ein Tor! Noch ein Tor!

• Advertisement

Germany are going to win this tournament.

What a goal

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

2-0 Deutchsland Uber Alles

Sieg! Sieg! Sieg!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Really hope the Germans send Holland packing tonight, although Gomez is starting so I'm not so confident.
    Spot on there :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭delad

How dull and boring is johhny giles! look at him, sitting back in his seat, big flabby chin on him, spouting drivel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

delad wrote: »
    How dull and boring is johhny giles! look at him, sitting back in his seat, big flabby chin on him, spouting drivel

How dull? he's not, at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭delad

yes he is, everytime he speaks someone dies of boredom, zzzzzzzzz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Rud

Holland are horrible to watch.They have probably the best striker in the world on their team and they are giving him no service whatsoever

In fairness RVP missed a sitter.

C'mon Holland. 3 goals without reply isn't too much to ask for

C'mon Holland. 3 goals without reply isn't too much to ask for

I think it is!

Jesus what a goal, would love to see holland get back in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Diego Maradona

Who says Van Persie has no right foot!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement