Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The *ONLY* After Hours thread about the European Championships.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Another great match in the best tournament I've seen in ages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Diego Maradona

Ozil taken off again he is a great player to watch, I wonder does the fact that he is a smoker (and quite openly too) have anything to do with it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

Good match in the right spirit. Was fully expecting a scrap with a lot of fouls, stop/start etc. but it's been a good one. Germany just need to hang on and win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Diego Maradona

Bender

Heh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Varied

I agree, definitely one of the best tournaments i've seen in a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

...I'd say the only question that'll be asked of the Spanish defence will be 'Can I have your autograph' unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Ah The Gerries, you can't beat them and 2 goals for Gomez was the icing on the cake :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Are the last group games being played simultaneously? Thought I heard RTE say they where on at 5 and 7.45. That can't be right, can it? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭lmao

No all on at 7:45pm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

There is no 'Arjen' in 'team'.

*cries into beer*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Thanks Holland. Thats both my bets pretty much gone.

:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

All final group games start at the same time, big reason the Donegal v. Derry games was rearranged.

Germany are the only threat to Spain from what I've seen, though France and Italy could beat them on their day.

Gomez on this form brings the stereotypical efficiency to a solid defence and a good midfield. Germany need a Rummenigge or a Voeller and they may have just found him while Spain lose Villa and wont pick Llorente, even as a sub ahead of Torres.

Always had a soft spot for the Russians, great to watch on their day but again struggle to put away the chances.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

I've a few quid on Germany.

I've a few quid on Germany.

You're not the only one ;)

Did Gomez to be top scorer (and Benzema)

And the double of Gomez/Germany and Benzema/Germany. If Benzema would actually like to get into the box at some stage he may score a goal :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

I wanted England to do well in this tournament until I saw a photo in the paper this morning of Colleen Rooney boarding a private jet from England to Poland to go and join the rest of the wags. A private jet?! Have they no shame?

• Advertisement

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    I wanted England to do well in this tournament until I saw a photo in the paper this morning of Colleen Rooney boarding a private jet from England to Poland to go and join the rest of the wags. A private jet?! Have they no shame?

Who owns the private jet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

She married Wayne Rooney.

I think that answers your question.

Who owns the private jet?

I doubt they own their own private jet but you can charter them. If I was "Wazza" I'd have told her to take a normal bloody flight and not make a show of the two of them. In this time of austherity etc.

I doubt they own their own private jet but you can charter them. If I was "Wazza" I'd have told her to take a normal bloody flight and not make a show of the two of them. In this time of austherity etc.

Meh, if they're paying for it themselves I don't see the issue. She's a pretty big name in the fashion world too apparently so if she fancies spending her cash on a private jet let her at it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

He's on 200 grand a week, why would they give a fiddlers about austerity? I can guarantee I'd be going everywhere by private jet if I could afford it, airports are soul-destroying.

• Advertisement

No doubt they do, if the bigger (snigger :D) jockeys in horse racing can afford their own jets I have no doubt a guy who prob earns over £150k a week can afford one too tbh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

A couple of the irish golfers own private jets i think? Fair play i say.. id fecking love one!

Well it's kind of rubbing it in the face of the fans who've broke the bank to get out to the feckin' Ukraine to watch a fairly useless team

Well it's kind of rubbing it in the face of the fans who've broke the bank to get out to the feckin' Ukraine to watch a fairly useless team

I'm sure some Irish 'Celebs' have got private jets out to Poland for the games too, is that rubbing it in the face of the Irish fans who broke the bank to get out to Poland to watch a fairly useless team? :confused: I'm sure the Irish fans don't care, they seem to be having a fantastic time out there. The English fans are prob of the same mindset!

Btw great to see Mario Gomez having his name up in lights again, he's not had the best of times since his 'Back To The Future' glory days :pac:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/e/e2/George_1955.JPG/200px-George_1955.JPG

kfallon wrote: »
    I'm sure some Irish 'Celebs' have got private jets out to Poland for the games too, is that rubbing it in the face of the Irish fans who broke the bank to get out to Poland to watch a fairly useless team? :confused: I'm sure the Irish fans don't care, they seem to be having a fantastic time out there. The English fans are prob of the same mindset!

None of the Irish WAGs, no

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭AEDIC

AEDIC wrote: »
    Germany 2 -1 methinks..

Kerching... :D

AEDIC wrote: »
    Kerching... :D

Hope you had a few quid on it!

Robert Keane is 7-1 to score against the Spanish tonight, worth a punt?

Robert Keane is 7-1 to score against the Spanish tonight, worth a punt?

Richard Dunne from a set piece. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 245 ✭✭beco2010

best chance of scoring tonight. is finding some girls with low ambitions

are only chance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭pebbles21

Edit

Fcuk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

pebbles21 wrote: »
    Well lads this is the day that Irish sporting history will be made,it will go down in Irish folklore history and surpass any sporting historic event ever to originate from this little island of ours..

This is the day where every man woman and child, will tell their grand children and great grand children about..

In 50 years time old men in the local will ask "were where you when Ireland thrashed Spain that cold June day in 2012?"

Hundreds of thousands will say they were in Gdansk that faithful day, right in front of the goal were we scored all the goals..

So saviour this day lads as we will never see the likes of it again!

I'm getting the same feeling:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

pebbles21 wrote: »
    saviour

Freud would have fun with that slip! :D

I was just saying this morn that it would surpass Stuttgart in '88 for me IF we won tonight. However I don't see it happening :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

If all the planets are aligned and we get the rub of the green and the ref has green shades on, then we might get away with a 1-0 or a 2-1
    to Spain
    , but I think it's more likely to be 4-0 or 5-1.

If we win tonight do you promise to change your username to JUNE 14 2012? :p

If we win tonight do you promise to change your username to JUNE 14 2012? :p

I will:)

• Advertisement

F*CK! I hate this bloody band!!!

Uefa has confirmed the England band will be allowed to play during the games against Sweden on Friday and Ukraine on Tuesday having had their instruments confiscated prior to Monday's 1-1 draw with France in Donetsk

F*CK! I hate this bloody band!!!

Uefa has confirmed the England band will be allowed to play during the games against Sweden on Friday and Ukraine on Tuesday having had their instruments confiscated prior to Monday's 1-1 draw with France in Donetsk

*hums the Great Escape*

The worst is that they now play 'The Self Preservation Society' stupid song from The Italian Job, cringe

But at least they have more than COYBIG and Fields of Athenry, I can't stand the latter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

I was just saying this morn that it would surpass Stuttgart in '88 for me IF we won tonight. However I don't see it happening :(

In 1988 its hard to describe how surreal it all felt.
    For the whole match, they were the best team and we still won.
    I don't think it can be bested for occasion.

Rather beat England than Spain any day !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Pal wrote: »
    In 1988 its hard to describe how surreal it all felt.
    For the whole match, they were the best team and we still won.
    I don't think it can be bested.

Rather beat England than Spain any day !

Beating Italy in 94 was better than England in 88.

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Beating Italy in 94 was better than England in 88.

I was at that match too. And no. It wasn't for me.

Great day all the same.

• Advertisement

If Ireland pull off a victory tonight, it will definitely be our greatest achievement.

Can't argue that one.

I'm off out for a few pints for it, it being the only match that i'll get the chance to.

A few hot spanish ones in the pub getting all excited will take the dampener off a bad result :)

Any sign of Trap naming the team yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

I'm heading over to Paddy Powers later this evening to see what the odds are Ireland 'for and against ' .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Score tonight 2-1 to Spain.

ITA v CRO 2-2

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 410 ✭✭_Gawd_

what time does this start at?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement