Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The *ONLY* After Hours thread about the European Championships.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

MaxSteele wrote: »
    ...we have the best fans in the world.

And it's also this sort of un-evolved close-mindedness begrudgery that's ruining the country.

They're a football team. They're lads who kick a ball around a field for ninety minutes. They're not the cause of the f*cking famine or the plantations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Ah, c'mon guys, I'm sure it's just the bad 1% making all that noise?
    Damn good ventriloquists.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

God I cringe at this kind of sh1te. Bunch of drunken muppets thinking they're so fcuking cool. Get outta that you cretinous gimps making of a show of us on the continent. Go home and put your Man United jersey on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Owen_S

Pathetic, especially after the great reception given to the Irish players.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭MaxSteele

chin_grin wrote: »
    F*ck sakes, just after watching the full video. Absolute stupid behaviour.

When I go on holiday I try to be as nice as I can as I like other nationalities to go "Oh! The Irish must be a nice bunch of people and not at all as the media portrays them..."

Well done lads, making an absolute show of the nation yet again.

Booing rivals and chanting "ole ole" and "you'll never beat the irish" is making a show of Ireland ?? Oh god Joe, it's a disgrace. :rolleyes:

It's harmless banter, nothing malicious was said. Last time I checked, English fans were the ones tearing up German cities post match in 2006 and so on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,428 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Those fools are just letting themselves and their country down. I thought we were above that sort of behaviour.

Booing rivals and chanting "ole ole" and "you'll never beat the irish" is making a show of Ireland ?? Oh god Joe, it's a disgrace. :rolleyes:

It's harmless banter, nothing malicious was said. Last time I checked, English fans were the ones tearing up German cities post match in 2006 and so on.

I think it's the effort though. Who waits by the hotel the English team are coming in to just to chant "G'wan Ireland" like they're throwing some mouldy potatoes at them!? It's a waste of energy and should be in the stadium instead of them coming in. I stand by my point.

Oh how convenient you missed the "Terry is a racist" chant? Ar$eholes.

2:12 in if you didn't make it that far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Bloody hell, you can tell After Hours people don't watch football.

Nothing embarrassing about it and the English fans wouldn't expect anything else.

I'm more wondering why the Irish are there in the first place. They should be in Poznan!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭drdeadlift

terry deserves it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

John Terry is a racist. Maybe you missed that video.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

It's just stupid football.
    They and everyone else should just get over it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

So xfactor watchers are all trend following thickos (any half wit knows this apparently) but this is harmless banter and just a bit of craic like. Bunch of intelligent individuals doing something constructive is it ? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

murpho999 wrote: »
    I'm more wondering why the Irish are there in the first place. They should be in Poznan!
    Probably there to collect autographs off their heroes Steven Gerrard and Wayne Rooney.

drdeadlift wrote: »
    terry deserves it
    Lumbo wrote: »

Just because he's a public figure (and apparently a racist) doesn't excuse the fact that the Irish, people who are portraying our island, are there chanting this lowering themselves to the tabloid pap they fap to on their tea breaks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

English footballers get a lot worse than this at virtually every away ground they go to during the season. My problem is that these lads stood there and waited for god knows how long to boo the English for a couple of minutes, there is a rivalry there between us, mostly on our end but this kind of thing when we aren't even playing them just makes us look obsessed and pathetic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

God I cringe at this kind of sh1te. Bunch of drunken muppets thinking they're so fcuking cool. Get outta that you cretinous gimps making of a show of us on the continent. Go home and put your Man United jersey on.

That sums it up completely.

Same tits would be running about at home with their Man U or Liverpool jerseys on.

Well the court case hasn't been decided, but it has already been confirmed that he is a massive twat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Banter would suggest some level of wit or guile :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

You swear they beat up incident people, did Nazi salute or sang about dead people.

Yes its embarrassing, but far far worse goes on.

Anything for whinge.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭finty

banter = embarrassing drunks

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭Borisss

No doubt they have their Utd, Liverpool and Chelsea tattoo's/shirts, covered under their Ireland kit for the next couple of weeks.

This is standard when England make a finals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭TheGimp

OH MY GOD CALL JOE DUUUUUFFFYYY ITS A DISGRACE SO IT IS.

Really some of you want to lighten up.

They are young football fans on holiday at a football tournament, and you want them to think of the nations reputation or chant something philosophical.

Really they said nothing derogatory about England and will go totally unnoticed by the England team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭drdeadlift

Just because he's a public figure (and apparently a racist) doesn't excuse the fact that the Irish, people who are portraying our island, are there chanting this lowering themselves to the tabloid pap they fap to on their tea breaks.

Ah **** it seriously i couldnt give a toss.The polish fans will make a show of themselves too dont worry.

Oh hes an overpaid public figure so he deserves all the shiit thats thrown at him.

LordSmeg wrote: »
    So xfactor watchers are all trend following thickos (any half wit knows this apparently) but this is harmless banter and just a bit of craic like. Bunch of intelligent individuals doing something constructive is it ? :rolleyes:

Mr Jail all the Pissers is back I see.

I stand by my opinions you mentioned. Yeah actually it is just craic "like". I'm sorry, I didn't know these fans were supposed to be constructive on holiday and not enjoy themselves. Maybe they should be off giving speeches of wisdom in Krakow city center.

Christ you just love being offended. don't you ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Has the group tables been changed or something ? ... I didn't realise Ireland were now playing England .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Morons !

Booing the English team, back supporting the players in August :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭splendid101

Why are the English team arriving in Krakow when they're playing in Ukraine?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

A lot of people are flying into Krakow, Warsaw, Bydgoszcz, Łódź, Wrocław etc. and travelling to and from Poland.

Seems to be more opportunistic than premeditated to me.

drdeadlift wrote: »
    Ah **** it seriously i couldnt give a toss.The polish fans will make a show of themselves too dont worry.

Oh hes an overpaid public figure so he deserves all the shiit thats thrown at him.

Sums up my opinion of soccer....and politics! :pac:

Couldn't give a toss about the game, it's the wasted energy that's gone in to this that's irks me. I mean they could be still in a bar or just sightseeing?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

I've just seen this posted on facebook and as it thread related thought I would post here .
    Hey just a shout out to fans going to poland for the euros there was a warning on the ybig site about BROGANS IRISH PUB in POZNAN this is a NEO NAZI PUB its just a front to lure irish in so they can be beat up share this with other people going to Poland. We want all our fans home safe!
    Spread the word !

vicwatson wrote: »
    Morons !

Smug people like you need to learn the difference between club football and international football.:rolleyes:

Liverpool and Utd from England supporters will be jeering their own players if they play against England and then cheer them again for their club in August, no need to single the Irish out for it, all completely normal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Morons !

It's harmless ffs.

I think it's the effort though. Who waits by the hotel the English team are coming in to just to chant "G'wan Ireland" like they're throwing some mouldy potatoes at them!? It's a waste of energy and should be in the stadium instead of them coming in. I stand by my point.

Yes I got that bit. I don't know what the full story is, maybe passing by then noticed the English would be swinging by and decided to stay for a piss take.

There's too many of you blowing this out of proportion. I feel like I'm reading a sleazy tabloid.

Mr Jail all the Pissers is back I see.

I stand by my opinions you mentioned. Yeah actually it is just craic "like". I'm sorry, I didn't know these fans were supposed to be constructive on holiday and not enjoy themselves. Maybe they should be off giving speeches of wisdom in Krakow city center.

Christ you just love being offended. don't you ?

I take it you were staunchly defending public urination then too ? And you still stand by calling watchers of the xfactor idiots for enjoying a TV show in their own homes while defending the actions of these clowns band people who piss in main streets ?

Your ignorance offends me to be honest. Looking down on others who dare to enjoy somehting you dont while revelling in drunken idiocy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭TheGimp

Morons !

Much like their own fans then. Or do you forget Rooney telling the English fans to f**k themselves at the world cup when he was booed off the pitch.

Christ we've turned into a nation of humourless do gooder pansies. How dare they jeer that scumbag John Terry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭bwatson

Smug people like you need to learn the difference between club football and international football.:rolleyes:

Liverpool and Utd from England supporters will be jeering their own players if they play against England and then cheer them again for their club in August, no need to single the Irish out for it, all completely normal.

It really isn't!

I would never boo or jeer a player who plays for my club side simply because they were turning out for their nation. If anything, I actually make a concerted effort to watch their game, see how they do and cheer them on. This isn't something unusual among supporters in England either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

That was funny though :) Rest of as to why some Irish fans chant that stuff is politically based, just listen to the songs they sang in the video.

And by the way if the Scots were at the Euro's, they would of sang similar tunes with a Scots slant!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

It's harmless ffs.

The singing was fine. But the booing is not.

gurramok wrote: »
    That was funny though :) Rest of as to why some Irish fans chant that stuff is politically based, just listen to the songs they sang in the video.

And by the way if the Scots were at the Euro's, they would of sang similar tunes with a Scots slant!
    Aye, and some of the Celtic supporters might have been genuine supporters too.

• Advertisement

Prob cause of them racers in u krain

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭Borisss

Why would an Irish Liverpool fan boo 6 players from their adopted club side?

Seems bizarre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Fair play to them. Actually making the effort to make sure they are there to boo a team that couldn't give a flying **** takes a lot of commitment.

This sort of thing always reminds me.of the airport scene in Mike Basset - England manager.

Maybe it was a trick to try and avoid the numpties but backfired because they underestimated just how thick these people were.

Went to Krakow while expected in Ukraine, meanwhile the numpty squad heard they were expected in Ukraine and went to Krakow.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 30 polskafanka

Why you do not talk about this instead:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omD4O7YbIG0

???

I am polish, living in Ireland for almost 7 years now and I have spend in Gdansk/Sopot/Gdynia over 25 years of my life.
    I am not a big football fan and maybe I am too emotional, but to be honest seeing this bring tiny tears to my eyes.
    Maybe you don't care but I am little proud of how my hometown welcomed irish team. I will support them as much as as I support polish, or more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=-Ptu_5nLmOo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6N_g_33aFo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

woodoo wrote: »
    The singing was fine. But the booing is not.

Ah would ya stop.. have the English never booed any teams?

They weren't rowdy or anything. I'm sure the players have a thick enough skin to take it for what it is.. a bit of tomfoolery, and jibing of the 'old enemy'. It's a lot less bloody offensive than some of the stuff which is published by the English media during competitions like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭board.eddy

woodoo wrote: »
    That sums it up completely.

Same tits would be running about at home with their Man U or Liverpool jerseys on.

If you know nothing about football do not bother posting in a football thread, United fans from Manchester do not even support England ! When Ronaldo played for United there was a chant to be heard around OT that went "he plays on the left, he plays on the right, he made England look like ****e"

Supporting United or Liverpool or other English clubs says nothing about your ties to England as a country, MUFC and other PL clubs are an international brand at this stage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Latchy wrote: »
    I've just seen this posted on facebook and as it thread related thought I would post here .

Quote:
    Hey just a shout out to fans going to poland for the euros there was a warning on the ybig site about BROGANS IRISH PUB in POZNAN this is a NEO NAZI PUB its just a front to lure irish in so they can be beat up share this with other people going to Poland. We want all our fans home safe!
    Spread the word !

This is absolute bollocks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Oh no, soccer fans from one country don't like a team from another.

Someone call the police quick.

Get over it ffs.

Anyway, threads merged.

• Advertisement

Why you do not talk about this instead:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omD4O7YbIG0

Yeh nice girls. Very Nice.

But your football team is crap.

Welcome to Boards.ie by the way, you are on the after hours forum so careful now !! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement