Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The *ONLY* After Hours thread about the European Championships.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,036 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Do they hand out a wooden spoon, as they do after the Rugby?

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Administrators Posts: 54,114 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

John O'Shea may as well have been sitting in the stand for all the good he was doing there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

SeaFields wrote: »
    what the fook just happened there?! :confused:

The one 'gifted by God' lashed one in.....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Motorist

Pipe up the Fields of Athenry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Motorist wrote: »
    Pipe up the Fields of Athenry

or you will never beat the Irish :o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Can we get the chant "you'll never beat the Irish" removed permanently from the repetoire.....

What a fcuking goal. Cnut.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Thank god for (almost) full time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

So the cat is in the sack.. I wonder if Delaney will have the balls to fcuk it into the Warta after the game.

Well suppose thats it then. Just hope Eng-er-land can beat the Ukraine tomorrow night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,036 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Spain have won 1-0 => Croatia are going home.

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

Spain and Italy through

Bring on the world cup,we will show em.

You have to take the positives from everything, and the positives from this there is absolutely no doubt left that is that this irish squad needs overhauled.

I doubt many expected Ireland to progress, but that's not the issue. It's not the defeats, but the manner of the defeats.

The euros are tougher than the WC IMO for countries like Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Varied

Aside from the Irish misery, the tournament has been a breath of fresh air. Great football altogether.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,199 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

So is it time to laugh at the poor fcuks who paid so much to attend this pissfest yet.

Nodin wrote: »
    Can we get the chant "you'll never beat the Irish" removed permanently from the repetoire.....

Replace with a bit of Rocky Road to Poland.

So is it time to laugh at the poor fcuks who paid so much to attend this pissfest yet.

Still would have loved to be there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,199 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Amen to that.

• Advertisement

I imagine everyone who went had a good time even with the results. :)

A lot of these things are once in a life time chances for most people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Whens the cricket world cup? we're good at that i think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

What a joke!!

FAI need to take their heads out of there as$!! And change the whole structure of the football in this country!!

Look at Poland their "lower" then Ireland in the ranking but played a better tournament..

The grass roots in this country need to change we have to build our local league up we can't put all out eggs into the English PL.. When half of our starting 11 are in division 1! And our key player is in the MSL!

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭BIG BAD JOHN

_Gawd_ wrote: »
    Robbie Keane was never a footballer, how he obtained employment is beyond me. Just one of the lucky one's....

Harsh!
    He's getting past his sell-by but he is Ireland's all time highest scorer.

Cork24 wrote: »
    What a joke!!

FAI need to take their heads out of there as$!! And change the whole structure of the football in this country!!

Look at Poland their "lower" then Ireland in the ranking but played a better tournament..

The grass roots in this country need to change we have to build our local league up we can't put all out eggs into the English PL.. When half of our starting 11 are in division 1! And our key player is in the MSL!
    Your mistake here is paying any attention to the rankings.

They are meaningless.

The campsites alone would've been great Craic. All the different nationalities!

Seen a picture somewhere else on boards, a group of Irish lads in a beer garden had a huge flag with polish writing which read "if you need a husband, enquire within". :D:D:D

• Advertisement

Anyway lads & lassies, its over for us,time to get back to the recession,dole,drink and givingoutasalways threads. Its being a pleasure :-)

realies wrote: »
    Anyway lads & lassies, its over for us,time to get back to the recession,dole,drink and givingoutasalways threads. Its being a pleasure :-)

Tournament isn't over yet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

i dont care for ranking..

but im putting into what we should be aiming for..

look at it this way,,

We will never get anywhere in football untill FAI stop putting the cash into their own pockets. and untill the Irish League becomes some what a good League..

Look at other Leagues around the world the MSL is bigger then ours!! i bet USA would Beat Ireland in a football match with the rate where playing...

We need to look at how the GAA are doing things..

When i was playing School boys in 90 - 94 and looking at the pitches their the fecking Same, Dressing rooms are just as ran down looking then they were in my time...

Went to England before with a School boy team i was coaching before and look at the Indoor training grounds they have for them..

look at Spain every where you go theirs soccer pitches, indoor soccer pitches.

We need to makes the goals Smaller as well, if in doubt kick the ball away

In ireland its all about Wining.. in Europe its about how to hold the ball pass the ball etc, wining comes when you hit the under 16s when you have mastered the passing and the ball holding

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

Varied wrote: »
    realies wrote: »

And it's a good one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Loving the Andrews reaction to the sending off :D

Sometimes you have to endure the shit to enjoy the good times and lets hope in a few years we look back on this tournament was a turning point for our football team. Time for the likes of Westwood, Long, McClean, Walters, Coleman and McCarthy to get their chance.

• Advertisement

Varied wrote: »

Truth be told it's only really starting

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

Cork24 Ireland are never going to get near England or Spain or Italy for soccer facilities, especially now in the state the countries in.

And anyway, England for all the talk about them are probably the most underperforming international team of all time relative to their facilities and league success.

Like England, we have barely any techically good players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭SHOVELLER

Bambi wrote: »
    You mean the state of the league of Ireland? Apparently thats the fault of everyone except the people involved in it. Funny dat :confused:

Great insight yet again

Terrible day for Irish soccer, Monaghan Utd gone bust also. The LOI looks to be falling apart .

Ahhh Manuela, she brightens up any bad result. :)

Is he ever gonna do an interview without yer wan next to him.

"But yes, in this moment, we need mentalateeeeeeeee......"

I watched 5 mins of his press conference the other day and had no idea what he was on about, I may as well have been looking into a field of thistles :rolleyes:

kfallon wrote: »
    Is he ever gonna do an interview without yer wan next to him.

"But yes, in this moment, we need mentalateeeeeeeee......"

I watched 5 mins of his press conference the other day and had no idea what he was on about, I may as well have been looking into a field of thistles :rolleyes:

I'd like to see you learn a new language at 73!

Its frustrating alright. But then again the likes of Steve Staunton and half our previous managers were never clear cut talkers either.

Get rid of Trap - buy out his contract and send him and Manuela packing back to Italy.

DB10 wrote: »
    I'd like to see you learn a new language at 73!

Its frustrating alright. But then again the likes of Steve Staunton and half our previous managers were never clear cut talkers either.

Well let him answer in Italian and her translate so there can be no doubt about what his answers are rather than use pigeon English which amounts to little more than bullshit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

• Advertisement

Apres match is spot on already

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭The Radiator

Ireland are not very good

Get rid of Trap - buy out his contract and send him and Manuela packing back to Italy.

WOAHHHHHH, Wouldn't be getting rid of Manuela that quickly!

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭EchoO

That's a bit harsh. Manuela has been living in Ireland for the past 20 years.

that is fecking brilliant. :D

Ireland are not very good

You are right but the only way is up......I hope :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Oil of Olé

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 410 ✭✭_Gawd_

Harsh!
    He's getting past his sell-by but he is Ireland's all time highest scorer.

Yeah, and thats saying something...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

cost me a fortune to do the first game but it was worth every last cent.

• Advertisement

_Gawd_ wrote: »
    Yeah, and thats saying something...

He has scored over 50 international goals, for years our top scorer had 19 goals (Givens and Stapleton) then it went up to about 21 (Cascarino), Keane smashed those records as well as scoring in big games in '02 World Cup, play offs against Turkey, Estonia, Iran, scored in a WC Qualifier in Amsterdam, scored in Italy and Paris. He turned up for every game he possibly could (unlike his namesake) and I can never understand why he gets such a bad press.

He is not the player he once was, that's true but he's been a fantastic servant for Ireland

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement