Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The *ONLY* After Hours thread about the European Championships.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,428 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Ah would ya stop.. have the English never booed any teams?

They weren't rowdy or anything. I'm sure the players have a thick enough skin to take it for what it is.. a bit of tomfoolery, and jibing of the 'old enemy'. It's a lot less bloody offensive than some of the stuff which is published by the English media during competitions like this.

I wouldn't have minded as much had it being the Germans they were booing. Bloody Merkel and her cronies making us pay their Bankers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 30 polskafanka

vicwatson wrote: »
    Yeh nice girls. Very Nice.

But your football team is crap.

Just as crap as yours. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭MaxSteele

LordSmeg wrote: »
    I take it you were staunchly defending public urination then too ?

I think you can remember the context of that thread on pissing behind a dumpster in temple bar at 3 am and doing it for all to see in the middle of the day. Cop on.
    And you still stand by calling watchers of the xfactor idiots for enjoying a TV show in their own homes while defending the actions of these clowns band people who piss in main streets ?

Yeah actually, i'd still hold in high regard the fans in the video having a few chants above fans of thrash TV, but that's a different discussion on a different thread. So all the fans were pissing now were they ? You wish they were just to have another rant at me.
    Your ignorance offends me to be honest. Looking down on others who dare to enjoy somehting you dont

I gave my opinion on people who watch tacky, tasteless muck ...
    while revelling in drunken idiocy.

You're so poetic, regale me with tales wisdom LordSmeg. Where did I say I revel in it ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Probably not as crap, I seem to remember Poland beating Ireland 3-2 in Croke Park...what a night that was. I have a sneaky bet on Lewandowski for top scorer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Poland ranked 62nd

Ireland ranked 18th

:D

• Advertisement

keith16 wrote: »
    Probably not as crap, I seem to remember Poland beating Ireland 3-2 in Croke Park...what a night that was. I have a sneaky bet on Lewandowski for top scorer.

I was just trying to be nice. :pac:
    -but seriously, this is not about who wins, or who is better..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

This is absolute bollocks.
    Well now I've no idea if it's absolute bollocks but the person who posted it is quite responsible imo and I can't see him posting spam bollocks for nothing but at least for anybody wanting to avoid trouble ,it's best to be catious if nothing else .

By the way ..do you have information to say different ? (in the best interest of all Irish fans )?

Latchy wrote: »
    Well now I've no idea if it's absolute bollocks but the person who posted it is quite responsible imo and I can't see him posting spam bollocks for nothing but at least for anybody wanting to avoid trouble ,it's best to be catious if nothing else .

By the way ..do you have information to say different ? (in the best interest of all Irish fans )?

http://www.brogans.pl/13,gallery.html

Looks like a very dodgy place indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭BigBabyTaylor

woodoo wrote: »
    The singing was fine. But the booing is not.
    Booo-urns?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

MaxSteele wrote: »
    I think you can remember the context of that thread on pissing behind a dumpster in temple bar at 3 am and doing it for all to see in the middle of the day. Cop on.

I dont remember much about it to be honest other than a lot of people throwing out the old "shur when ya have to go ya have to go derp derp". Refusing to accept responsibility for putting themselves in a position where they are drunk, bursting for a piss in a place with no toilets. Its those clowns who need to cop on.
    Yeah actually, i'd still hold in high regard the fans in the video having a few chants above fans of thrash TV, but that's a different discussion on a different thread. So all the fans were pissing now were they ? You wish they were just to have another rant at me.

Highly regard them now do you ? Wow. So anyone who watches shíte tv is an idiot. Chanting at a bus = highly regarded. I never mentioned anything about them pissing. And I'm not ranting at you I responded to your thread in which you were lauding stupidity while you were denouncing it in another thread.
    I gave my opinion on people who watch tacky, tasteless muck ...

:D Then posted a video showing tacky tasteless ignorant muck and praised it, then spoke of the high regard you have for those in it.
    You're so poetic, regale me with tales wisdom LordSmeg. Where did I say I revel in it ?

I would but I fear it would land on deaf ears. I believe the words "I love it" in your OP coupled with your staunch defence of pissing in public because your drunk kinda sums up the fact you revel in it. Dontcha think ?

• Advertisement

I can guarantee it's absolute bollocks. Whoever heard of a neo-nazi pub? Especially one trying to lure in Irish fans in purely for the sake of "beating them up".

And I'll tell you how I know it's bollocks, even if I never knew anything about Poland. The fact that it's posted on facebook in a kind of..."oh hey guys, please share this. I heard on some website that there is a nazi pub in Poland who want to beat up Irish. Like this post and one less fan will be beat up".

Absolute and utter fcuking bollox. It's Poland not Syria FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 firstsport

board.eddy wrote: »
    If you know nothing about football do not bother posting in a football thread, United fans from Manchester do not even support England ! When Ronaldo played for United there was a chant to be heard around OT that went "he plays on the left, he plays on the right, he made England look like ****e"

Complete and utter bollix

http://www.brogans.pl/13,gallery.html

Looks like a very dodgy place indeed.
    I'll post that link to the facebook friend to ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

firstsport wrote: »

Its not.

Happens in Liverpool as well.

You'll often hear chants of "We're not English, we're scouse"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,313 ✭✭✭munster87

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Its not.

Yep that's true, witnessed that.

firstsport wrote: »

Listen, I'm the authority in here on what is bollix and what is not bollix.

This is not entirely bollix. It could be bollix but it's not.

They other guy is kind of right, and there are many more chants from united fans that are disparaging towards England. But while these chants are popular and funny, I suspect only a minority that truly feel that way.

So not entirely bollix.

Bollix bollix bollix :pac:

Yes, do because this is so stupid it actually made me laugh, espacially :

"this is a NEO NAZI PUB its just a front to lure irish in so they can be beat up"

and picture number 52:

http://www.brogans.pl/13,gallery.html :pac: -looks very neo nazi....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

"this is a NEO NAZI PUB its just a front to lure irish in so they can be beat up"

and picture number 52:

I think you guys will do well in Euros. I see Poland and Russia getting out of group.

Home advantage cannot be underestimated.

While your at it you can tell him that baby who had SUPER AIDS got cured cos his photo got like OMG A GAZILLION LIKES and now the baby only has AIDS (not SUPER AIDS) and only needs like a BILLION MORE LIKES like!!!!1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

but make no doubt about it, we have the best fans in the world.

I wish Irish fans would lay off that oul' guff.

Behaving like regular humans and supporting a team you've travelled to support shouldn't merit a gold star tbh.

• Advertisement

I think you guys will do well in Euros. I see Poland and Russia getting out of group.

Unless stupid Greece ruin the party like they did in 2004. Ah no fair play to them for winning it all the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

Unless stupid Greece ruin the party like they did in 2004. Ah no fair play to them for winning it all the same.
    Greece was the home of Plato, Aristotle, Pythagoras and Nana Mouskouri. Hardly stupid!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

Flying to Poznan Friday morning. Have heard several warnings about that brogans place. Possibly all Chinese whispers of course but meant to be rough enough and keeping the name only until after the euros. The irish manager left and opened his own pub in Poznan as a result.

polskafanka Yes, do because this is so stupid it actually made me laugh,

Just got a reply from him saying ''he's still checking it out '' and it seems odd that he would post something as such without some substance to it because he's not a troll /spammer .

Greece was the home of Plato, Aristotle, Pythagoras and Nana Mouskouri. Hardly stupid!

I rest my case :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

I dont remember much about it to be honest other than a lot of people throwing out the old "shur when ya have to go ya have to go derp derp". Refusing to accept responsibility for putting themselves in a position where they are drunk, bursting for a piss in a place with no toilets. Its those clowns who need to cop on.

Highly regard them now do you ? Wow. So anyone who watches shíte tv is an idiot. Chanting at a bus = highly regarded. Did I say they were all drunk ? Did I say anyone there was drunk ? Ammm no I didnt. And I'm not ranting at you I responded to your thread in which you were lauding stupidity while you were denouncing it in another thread.

I regard them higher than deluded fans of thrash tv, which doesn't mean I idolize them at all. Big difference in criticizing talentless morons and posting a video of a group of Irish fans chanting irish songs in AH. "stupidity" in your opinion. Harmless banter in others. Any excuse for a whinge I suppose.

:D Then posted a video showing tacky tasteless ignorant muck and praised it, then spoke of the high regard you have for those in it.

Again .. a random youtube video posted for the craic and laughable excuses on tv branded as "entertainment". These fans aren't auditioning for Ireland's got talent or Tallafornia. Brilliant .. patronize me with my own use of words. How clever.

I would but I fear it would land on deaf ears. I believe the words "I love it" in your OP coupled with your staunch defence of pissing in public because your drunk kinda sums up the fact you revel in it. Dontcha think ?

Spout away ....

Yes .. yes I love watching Irish fans chant Irish songs abroad and enjoy themselves, I'm so morally corrupt and beneath you and Chin Grin. :rolleyes:
    No actually, I revel in trying to find a toilet in a city seriously lacking the facilities.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

board.eddy wrote: »
    If you know nothing about football do not bother posting in a football thread, United fans from Manchester do not even support England ! When Ronaldo played for United there was a chant to be heard around OT that went "he plays on the left, he plays on the right, he made England look like ****e"

Supporting United or Liverpool or other English clubs says nothing about your ties to England as a country, MUFC and other PL clubs are an international brand at this stage

Rubbish from start to finish.

While your at it you can tell him that baby who had SUPER AIDS got cured cos his photo got like OMG A GAZILLION LIKES and now the baby only has AIDS (not SUPER AIDS) and only needs like a BILLION MORE LIKES like!!!!1
    He's not interested !

Today is the 6th of june ,the annversary of the D- Day landings when the Germans didn't believe the allies would attempt land at on the beachs at Normandy...but they did . :cool:

• Advertisement

Monthy python football

Hegel is arguing that the reality is merely an a priori adjunct of non-naturalistic ethics, Kant via the categorical imperative is holding that ontologically it exists only in the imagination, and Marx is claiming it was offside.

I regard them higher than deluded fans of thrash tv, which doesn't mean I idolize them at all. Big difference in criticizing talentless morons and posting a video of a group of Irish fans chanting irish songs in AH. "stupidity" in your opinion. Harmless banter in others. Any excuse for a whinge I suppose.

Hypocrisy at its finest I'd call it.I'm not having a whinge I'm amazed at how you have such contempt for those who watch a tv program yet say you have high regard for people going out of their way to line the streets and boo and chant at a bus full of English players.
    Again .. a random youtube video posted for the craic and laughable excuses for entertainment. These fans aren't auditioning for Ireland's got talent or Tallafornia. Brilliant .. patronize me with my own use of words. How clever.

Patronise you with your own words ? You mean point out the absurdity of your argument ? Yeah really clever of me to discuss the points you have made. What a jerk I am.
    Spout away ....

Yes .. yes I love watching Irish fans chant Irish songs abroad and enjoy themselves, I'm so morally corrupt and beneath you and Chin Grin. :rolleyes:
    No actually, I revel in trying to find a toilet in a city seriously lacking the facilities.

Dont be so quick to call others stupid if your no better than they are when it comes to a bit of mindless harmless enjoyment then. How about that ? Yeah damn the council for not provide you with facilities to enable you to drink until 3am. Vicious bastards. :rolleyes:

Hypocrisy at its finest I'd call it.I'm not having a whinge I'm amazed at how you have such contempt for those who watch a tv program yet say you have high regard for people going out of their way to line the streets and boo and chant at a bus full of English players.

Simplify what I think is thrash tv, then begrudge the actions of those deplorable troublemakers for harmless fun. I wouldn't go out looking for autographs off them. Btw I said i'd hold them in "higher" regard THAN fans of thrash tv. That doesn't mean I even highly regard or relate to them at all. I thought it was a funny video, simple as that.
    Patronise you with your own words ? You mean point out the absurdity of your argument ? Yeah really clever of me to discuss the points you have made. What a jerk I am.

Full of exaggerated **** more like.
    Dont be so quick to call others stupid if your no better than they are when it comes to a bit of mindless harmless enjoyment then. How about that ? Yeah damn the council for not provide you with facilities to enable you to drink until 3am. Vicious bastards. :rolleyes:

Well we're obviously of different opinions on both subjects, leave it at that.

Many people across the country understand the need to go for a leak when pissed at closing hours, the educated, the stupid etc etc. You may think you're intellectually/morally superior to everyone else who breaks a harmless minor law or differs in opinion, but you're just another begrudger on a high horse who needs to rant and whinge behind a username.

Simplify what I think is thrash tv, then begrudge the actions of those deplorable troublemakers for harmless fun. I wouldn't go out looking for autographs off them. Btw I said i'd hold them in "higher" regard THAN fans of thrash tv. That doesn't mean I even highly regard or relate to them at all. I thought it was a funny video, simple as that.

You said "I still hold them in high regard". If you want people to understand your point then make it more clearly. So you describe it as a funny video, bit of harmless fun. And thats fine, but only because its you. Anyone else says the same about xfactor it doesnt matter right ? Because they are idiots. Got ya.
    Full of exaggerated **** more like.

This your fall back plan ? Poor.
    Well we're obviously of different opinions on both subjects, leave it at that.

Many people across the country understand the need to go for a leak when pissed at closing hours, the educated, the stupid etc etc. You may think you're intellectually/morally superior to everyone else who breaks a harmless minor law or differs in opinion, but you're just another begrudger on a high horse who needs to rant and whinge behind a username.

Who or what am I begrudging exactly ? You didnt wander into that other thread lambasting people who watched certain things begrudging them the right to watch a bit of harmless entertainment under the name MaxSteele no ? Here's the hypocrisy coming out again. Its ok when you watch harmless stuff or have an opinion. But not for anyone else.

I dont think I am intellectually superior to anyone unlike your good self who can barely contain their contempt for people who watch stuff you deem worthless. And arguing that indulgence isnt a justifiable reason to break laws isnt exactly claiming to be morally superior either.

Anyone looking for a decent bet, you'll get France, Germany, Spain and Russia @ 19/1 to win their group. It has a fairly decent chance of coming in.

You said "I still hold them in high regard". If you want people to understand your point then make it more clearly. So you describe it as a funny video, bit of harmless fun. And thats fine, but only because its you. Anyone else says the same about xfactor it doesnt matter right ? Because they are idiots. Got ya.

I never said it doesn't matter, but I still think anyone who enjoys the likes of X factor is a fool, but that's MY opinion.
    This your fall back plan ? Poor.

You claim it's absurd because I think one is stupid and the other as harmless fun. That's your opinion. I thought the way you used what I said was patronizing.
    Who or what am I begrudging exactly ? You didnt wander into that other thread lambasting people who watched certain things begrudging them the right to watch a bit of harmless entertainment under the name MaxSteele no ? Here's the hypocrisy coming out again. Its ok when you watch harmless stuff or have an opinion. But not for anyone else.

My opinion on different topics. Because I see a difference between a harmless piss at all hours in a quiet alley compared to the daytime.

Both are harmless stuff. Difference is, I distinguish loud, singing Irish fans completely separate to what I think is lazy, dumbed down excuses for entertainment. You think both are equally the same in the intellectual category whereas I don't.
    I dont think I am intellectually superior to anyone unlike your good self who can barely contain their contempt for people who watch stuff you deem worthless. And arguing that indulgence isnt a justifiable reason to break laws isnt exactly claiming to be morally superior either.

Yep, well I've made it very clear my opinions on both.
    Simple fact is, there's plenty of us who don't care about this over indulgence and have better and more important things to worry about and deem it virtually harmless. I can tell you from experience Garda don't really mind either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

I for one cannot wait for Sunday. The football we play may on a whole be guff but I genuinely believe that we'll nick a 1-0 win against the Croatians and more than likely have a winner takes all clash against Italy in the final game, with Trap hopefully continuing his good form against his home country.

I'm a GAA man first and foremost but even that is taking a back-seat for the ten days. I'm even foregoing travelling to Tullamore to watch Wexford play Longford on Sunday so I can enjoy the marquee and live band (rebel music,perfect warm-up to an Irish match!) that my regular pub is laying out for the occasion. Gonna spend all my free time between now and then watching re-runs of Houghton v England, Packie v Romania (and the old man crying afterwards), Keane v Germany, while listening to Joxer Goes to Stuttgart and some Dubliners.

It's great to see the country in such high spirits in the lead up to a major tournament. But then again that's the beauty of sport :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭DebDynamite

Of course you have the begrudging, holier than thou, drainer brigade sitting on youtube spouting "it's disgraceful" blah blah .. but sure no one cares.

We may be ****e ... but make no doubt about it, we have the best fans in the world.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=qykUdp4qRXE

Love it :D

How does booing another team we may not even be playing make them "the best fans in the world"? They're not supporting their own team, they're just being dicks.

Some Irish fans really need to get over England. It's kind of emabarrasing - it's not even a mutual rivalry. England have no beef with us...they nothing us.

Also, I hate that "Hey baby let the free birds fly", "Sinn Fein", "IRA" thing some people do when singing the Fields of Athenry.

How does booing another team we may not even be playing make them "great fans"? They not supporting their own team, they're just being dicks.

Some Irish fans really need to get over England. It's kind of emabarrasing - it's not even a mutual rivalry. England have no beef with us...they nothing us.

Also, I hate that "Hey baby let the free birds fly", "Sinn Fein", "IRA" thing some people do when singing the Fields of Athenry.

I dunno, I just think we're great craic abroad as fans. It's harmless chanting at old rivals, that's all.

There's been too many of the Joe Duffy brigade giving their self superior rants all night. They'd have you believe they're all hooligans and petty common folk disgracing the nation. But yeah the Sinn Fein, IRA thing is just ridiculous, childish stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭DebDynamite

I dunno, I just think we're great craic abroad as fans. It's harmless chanting at old rivals, that's all.

There's been too many of the Joe Duffy brigade giving their self superior rants all night. They'd have you believe they're all hooligans and petty common folk disgracing the nation. But yeah the Sinn Fein, IRA thing is just ridiculous, childish stuff.

It just screams of small-man syndrome, going out of their way to hang around the England hotel to boo and chant stuff. No problems with it though if it was in the stadium and we were playing them. Wouldn't surprise me if some people went out of their way purely to be there when England arrived and were probably more excited to see the England team than they would be the Irish team, for different reasons of course.

Not really a rivalry if it's all one sided, more an obsession.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

Its not.

Had a long chat with a few lads when I was in Liverpool who were very determined about this fact.

and picture number 52:

The wans in the white uniforms about 2/3's down the page!!!

aka home town reffing ;)
    Anyone looking for a decent bet, you'll get France, Germany, Spain and Russia @ 19/1 to win their group. It has a fairly decent chance of coming in.

Everywhere?

Just to be clear that's not what my problem with it is.

• Advertisement

mackg wrote: »

Everywhere?

Paddy Power.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Toby Take a Bow

For all the pessimism regarding Ireland's chances, a huge computer programme has been developed and the results are in! ireland to reach the quarter-finals but be knocked out by England. I wonder would (some) people prefer Ireland didn't progress from the group stages if it meant they were knocked out by England.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/jun/06/euro-2012-england-germany?INTCMP=SRCH

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Not sure this thread is turning out how the OP thought it would.......

mackg wrote: »
    Just to be clear that's not what my problem with it is.

Thank Christ for that. I don't think I could bear the sight of another smug, bellend giving me their inferiority complex on a simple video of Irish fans enjoying themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,674 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

mike65 wrote: »

Ah, shure jaysus, dat's just cozza de English tinkin' every year dere gonna win it, loike, y'know. We're not hatin' de English at all, at all.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 965 ✭✭✭CucaFace

Some really sad bastards on here.

The likes of which certainly won't be missed one bit over in Poland.

You know you are just a professional complainer when you are actually trying to make an issue out of fans chanting at John Terry, a horrible excuse of a man who has racially abused another player (brother of a former team mate) and has also cheated with the wife of one of his former teammates.

The funny thing lot of English fans would actually find that chant very amusing as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Did the English fans not retort with, "You're going down with The Euro"? Found that quite witty tbh. According to some of the English journo's on Twitter it was all banter, Henry Winter summed it up best with #craicov

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

kfallon wrote: »
    Did the English fans not retort with, "You're going down with The Euro"? Found that quite witty tbh. According to some of the English journo's on Twitter it was all banter, Henry Winter summed it up best with #craicov

Was speaking to friend this morning who big Hull and England fan.

He got the video in work. They all found it funny and sensed nothing more then Banter.

Its just some bitter Irish people that seem to have problem.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

murpho999 wrote: »
    Smug people like you need to learn the difference between club football and international football.:rolleyes:
    Your ignorance offends me to be honest.
    Mr Jail all the Pissers is back I see.
    Christ you just love being offended. don't you ?
    CucaFace wrote: »
    Some really sad bastards on here.

mod:
    Any more of this needless personal commentary will result in bans. We're trying to have a thread about this in an open forum. It's drivel like that we're going to avoid. If the only way to do that is banning posters then so be it.

Fair warning.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement