Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The *ONLY* After Hours thread about the European Championships.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

kfallon wrote: »
    I stand to win more on Germany, let me feel the love :pac:

Come on down and shout for your moneyteam kfallon :D

Wonder who Angela merkel is supporting ? Seems that she controls/rules both countries :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I have my 1998 AEK jersey on. Come on Yee Greeks!!

1/0 to germany, goal disallowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭delad

I've never seen such a one sided match before

• Advertisement

delad wrote: »
    I've never seen such a one sided match before

You must have missed the Irish here so :)

greece have absolutely nothing to offer, if I had an account open with betfair I would put about 20k on germany to win, easy money

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,624 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Because of recent budget cuts imposed on the Greeks by the Germans, the Greek team will have too borrow four players from the Germans at half time

Because of recent budget cuts imposed on the Greeks by the Germans, the Greek team will have too borrow four players from the Germans at half time

no you screwed that up, its:

the Greek team will have to ask Germany for an emergency loan of 4 players

We've all read these gags on the bbc website/twitter/facebook so no need to repost them here thank you very much

no you screwed that up, its:

the Greek team will have to ask Germany for an emergency loan of 4 players

We've all read these gags on the bbc website/twitter/facebook so no need to repost them here thank you very much

In bad form are we :(

• Advertisement

realies wrote: »
    In bad form are we :(

yes, I could be making serious money on this match but can't because I've no betting account set up :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,721 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

what a goal

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,624 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Greeks will need to get lucky or a peno

yes, I could be making serious money on this match but can't because I've no betting account set up :(

If you have a CC you can do it now,If you havent:) well I am sorry,just enjoy.

Great goal there Ger man ny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

Generally I support the underdog, but totally support Germany here. All the play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

WTF is Merkel doing there?

I only have a crap laser card, if I had a cc I would now be 6k up, oh well, such is life

I only have a crap laser card, if I had a cc I would now be 6k up, oh well, such is life

Not yet you wouldn't. Were thes odds really 3-10?

Seeing how the Euro plays out :)

Supporting both her countries.

• Advertisement

Not yet you wouldn't. Were thes odds really 3-10?

I would of reversed my position now to lock in my profits. Just before the goal the odds were 4/11, mental odds for such an inevitable result.

This Dunphy chap knows nothing about football. Is he trying to wind up Didi?

oh my word, oh lordy lordy lordy lol

Greece lighting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Go on the Greeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Germans didn't see that coming! Greeks prove yet again they are capable of upsets!

boo urns

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Nice goal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

The relief on the Germans faces........ they were worried.

• Advertisement

did Hitler exterminate short arses? all the germans are about 6 foot 3....

Greece are 2/1 to start rioting

edit/ what a finish. It's always better when the ball hits the crossbar first. That's a scientific fact.

Dunphy wrong again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Stunner of a goal just there, Germans are the team to beat(nevermind Spain:D)

I have Portugal & England each way for the finals, what yis think ?

gurramok wrote: »
    Stunner of a goal just there, Germans are the team to beat(nevermind Spain:D)

in fairness greece are as bad as Ireland, this match proves nothing

• Advertisement

Germany to score the 6th goal is almost 3/1 right now. I can see it happening

in fairness greece are as bad as Ireland, this match proves nothing

In fairness delad there is no other team in this competition that were/are as bad as Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Loved the John Terry reference on Apres Match.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

It seems to me that in every single thread these days the old chestnut of fans, real fans bandwaggoners blah blah ****ing blah. I am sick of it. I will support who I like, how I like, when I like.

There is far too much of fans looking down their noses at others because they dont support the way they do. Who gives a ****ing ****. I went to an Irish game where I got someone's season ticket, payed them and all for it. The looks I was getting from the other fans there could give you cancer. As if I wasn't just as entitled to be there as anyone else. They even questioned my source, making sure I gave them a name.

If u don't go u are a barstooler, if u do start your a band wagonner, of u are a regular attender, in my opinion you are a f@cking ar$ehole as all u do is give out about barstoolers and bandwagoners

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭sgb

You have to admire Miramar Klose he always does the business in major tournaments

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Ze Germans are asserting their rightful place at ze summit of European football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I have Portugal & England each way for the finals, what yis think ?

Don't like your chances. Being English I'd love to say that we'll make the final but I'm horrified by the thought of what this German team will do to us next Thursday if we happen to inch past Italy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

So the plan is:

Spain beat France
    England beat Italy
    Portugal beat Spain
    Germany beat England
    Portugal beat Germany
    JamJamJamJam beats PaddyPower and gets €100 from his €5 and is RICH, RICH!!!

So the plan is:

Spain beat France
    England beat Italy
    Portugal beat Spain
    Germany beat England
    Portugal beat Germany
    JamJamJamJam beats PaddyPower and gets €100 from his €5 and is RICH, RICH!!!

My plan is
    France beat spain
    England beat Italy
    Portugal beat France
    England baet Germany

Portugal beat England in the final and with having 40 euro on Portugal at 20/1 and England at 12/1 each way to win, I shall be very happy :D:) and then I wake up :rolleyes::p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Don't like your chances. Being English I'd love to say that we'll make the final but I'm horrified by the thought of what this German team will do to us next Thursday if we happen to inch past Italy.

and also the fact that they'll have an extra 2 days off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I thought the Greeks would have been a no show for the second half having escaped through a hole in the bath in the changing room

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

The panel tell it as it is as usual. :pac:

Viva la france

I will have to get a life, On my own again and I don't even watch much football or soccer as some people call it.

Apparently, when steve stanton was Ireland manager he offered to send the squad on an all expenses paid holiday to Florida but they declined, they'd rather go to Blackpool so they could see what it's like to ride on an open-top bus.

Q:In the Euro,s What was the difference between Ireland and the bermuda triangle ?

A: The bermuda triangle has three points.

Night.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement