Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The *ONLY* After Hours thread about the European Championships.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

hondasam wrote: »
    My nerves will be wrecked after the penalties.
    I dunno if England can win this now.

You be grand sure your an ice queen :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

come on stevie

miss ya

I'm still going to feel sorry for the team that misses out.

Rooney score please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

Oooohh 1st blood England!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Super-Rush wrote: »
    The ref never gave England a thing.

Hope they win it but there are some very tired players on the english team. Rooney and Gerrard to miss.

Idiot.

What a peno by pirlo.

Young should never have been on the pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

Uh oh.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

All over now.

ah no, bad penalty all the same from ashley cole.

gutted for them but they did well to get this far.

jaysus christ

Poor England.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

Cheryl breaking her *****e laughing........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

You would think by now england would be good at penalty shout outs, they have had enough.

:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Poor England.

Given the stats, I'd have to agree.
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/match/2012/jun/24/england-v-italy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

*awaits influx of people mentioning things like republicanism and stupid Man Utd supporters*

See yiz for the next game =p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭Kurz

Close the door behind you on the way out, England :)

*awaits influx of people mentioning things like republicanism and stupid Man Utd supporters*

See yiz for the next game =p

Spain & portugal :)

Come on portugal :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,383 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Justice done.

Even we played better against Italy than England did.

Pirlo was brilliant.

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Fair result.

Kurz wrote: »
    Close the door behind you on the way out, England :)

They did better than Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

First 0-0 game. Even with an extra 30 minutes. :mad:

I can't see beyond a Germany-Spain final.

They did better than Ireland.

And?

And?

You were making fun of England were you not?

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

Delighted, Italy deserved to go through.

Have Italy to win the tournament and Ronaldo top scorer at 66-1, anybody think that has any chance of happening?

Never know semis now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 555 ✭✭✭baztard

Better team won. Englands few big players were nowhere to be seen, similar to Ireland. I think the Irish players care to a certain extent, but I get the impression the England players don't care half as much. As the lads on RTE said its the culture of soccer in England. Having the best league in the world in their own country seems to be debilitating them for whatever reason.

Italy could shock Germany, given Italys history of starting slow in tournaments and finishing strong.

Roll on semi finals!!! Great tournament so far

Sticking with Rooney and Young was the biggest mistake.

Wellbeck and Carroll looked the best striking partnership

Roy's fault for his selections.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Thank god for the rain at stormont today, it saved Ireland getting humiliated for the third time in a week.

Positive thinking for England........... they cant loose to Germany now :-)

You were making fun of England were you not?

So your response is to slag Ireland off? This is an Irish website.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,679 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

The BBC crew are deluded. They look at the matches through rose tinted glasses.
    Bye Bye Engerland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

realies wrote: »
    Positive thinking for England........... they cant loose to Germany now :-)

...even better ...we don't have to listen to all this 1966 shoyte warmed up all over again :D

• Advertisement

Thank god for the rain at stormont today, it saved Ireland getting humiliated for the third time in a week.

ciò che si riferisce a lì fred?

peasant wrote: »
    ...even better ...we don't have to listen to all this 1966 shoyte warmed up all over again :D

They where just starting to slip the clip in pre the match. :D That knocks that on the head. Back in the can. :D

Happyman42 wrote: »
    They where just starting to slip the clip in pre the match. :D That knocks that on the head. Back in the can. :D

I remember back when the technology improved, they added colour artificially to the film of them winning the cup so it looked more relevant. At this rate they'll have to pimp it up into 3D and HD because they'll still be harping on about it in 2066.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Jorah

I remember back when the technology improved, they added colour artificially to the film of them winning the cup so it looked more relevant. At this rate they'll have to pimp it up into 3D and HD because they'll still be harping on about it in 2066.

When you win something, you might do the same.

Jorah wrote: »

If I were a country? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Jorah

If I were a country? :confused:

I was referring to Ireland.

Jorah wrote: »

They where titling the clips 'Fate' and 'Destiny' ffs. That's what is so pathetic about it, it was a quarter final, after an uninspiring run in what was the easiest group stage. That's the stuff for final day, you build yourself up and then get huffy when others enjoy the fall. Keep it up, it's very entertaining, I wouldn't have youse any other way. :D

They where titling the clips 'Fate' and 'Destiny' ffs. That's what is so pathetic about it, it was a quarter final, after an uninspiring run in what was the easiest group stage. That's the stuff for final day, you build yourself up and then get huffy when others enjoy the fall. Keep it up, it's very entertaining, I wouldn't have youse any other way. :D

Supporters of a team that were an embarrassment to the tournament aren't really in a position to mock tbh.

Supporters of a team that were an embarrassment to the tournament aren't really in a position to mock tbh.

Who's mocking...I'm too busy laughing.:D

Good for you.

Which country won the "World series" this year?

• Advertisement

Does it make you that happy to see England lose? I don't think I would sit through a match just to see a team lose.
    I supported Ireland first naturally but England second and if a miracle ever happened and we were in a final with England then I would want them to lose but only then.

Good for you.

Which country won the "World series" this year?

I don't follow baseball. ;)

Does it make you that happy to see England lose? I don't think I would sit through a match just to see a team lose.
    I supported Ireland first naturally but England second and if a miracle ever happened and we were in a final with England then I would want them to lose but only then.

Makes me incredibly happy. I like to see arrogance take one in the eye across a whole range of sports.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

It was a tough group Fred. We know that Italy are better than England, and Spain obviously are. Croatia drew with Italy. In that group therefore England would have won no matches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

That said I root for England, as did a lot of people on this thread.

Jaysus Fred, you're terrible cranky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Don't worry, come August most of them will be plastic Scousers and Mancs once again. :)

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

England were even more embarrassing tonight. Italy had less shots and less possession against Ireland than they did tonight. England are just an improved version of Ireland. Both play utter rubbish football. They'll get better in a few years though. Wilshere is a top player.

Dont see Ireland getting better, they'll probably get worse.

Nodin wrote: »
    Jaysus Fred, you're terrible cranky.

Obviously I'm not happy with the result, but Italy were the better team an deserved to go through.

I was rooting for Ireland and I was disappointed with their performances, that said, they were up against three very good teams.

I like to think I am gracious when it comes to football, its a shame some people get stupid about it.

Unless there are a few Germans, Italians or, in particular Spaniards on here, then I think the less said the better.

• Advertisement

DB10 wrote: »
    England were even more embarrassing tonight. Italy had less shots and less possession against Ireland than they did tonight. England are just an improved version of Ireland. Both play utter rubbish football. They'll get better in a few years though. Wilshere is a top player.

Dont see Ireland getting better, they'll probably get worse.

Italy were way better tonight than against Ireland tbh.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement