Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The *ONLY* After Hours thread about the European Championships.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Can any player put height on them:rolleyes:

C'mon portugal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

A tenner says Ronaldo try's to imitate Pirlo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Nice peno from Nani

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Anyone else notice the camera constantly going to ronaldo between shots?

• Advertisement

Chavways wrote: »

But miss.

fcukitanyways

:eek:

Chavways wrote: »

Might not Not getting the chance

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Nooooooooooooo

• Advertisement

Damn

I'd say Ronaldo wishes he was Spanish

Ah fcukit.

Thought it was a miss for split second.

Some buzz in that stadium, would love to be there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Paz-CCFC

Did Bruno Alves have to go back for Nani's penalty, or could he have taken it anyway? It wasn't exactly the best idea to send someone back when they're right by the box, unless he had to go back.

My prediction of a Spain Italy is half way there. Of all the bets I put on and lost, why didn't I do that one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Ronald wanted the glory of scoring the winner.

Putting personal glory before the team is why he's second best to Messi.

Glad Portugal are out.

Paz-CCFC wrote: »
    Did Bruno Alves have to go back for Nani's penalty, or could he have taken it anyway? It wasn't exactly the best idea to send someone back when they're right by the box, unless he had to go back.

He could have taken it. I'm guessing they were trying to put Casillas off a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Dunphy acting like a giddy school in heat with Spain going through. He loves to see misfortune befall Ronaldo, thats the only reason believe me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Spanish Football Shirt - €49

2 Tickets for the European Championship Semi - €300

The look on Ronaldo's face when he realised he wasnt going to get to take a penalty - Priceless

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

He could have taken it. I'm guessing they were trying to put Casillas off a bit

No you have to stick to the order decided before they start. Couldn't have taken it

• Advertisement

cgpg5 wrote: »
    No you have to stick to the order decided before they start. Couldn't have taken it

Really?
    Never heard that before. Huh, you learn something new eh.

Really?

I thought originally Nani seen him walking up to it and goes "what's this clown at?" and ran up and took the ball off him :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 carvaggio

RTE analysis is embarrassing.

If they were actually watching they would have seen Paulo Bento talking to an assistant/coach prior to the shootout with a piece of paper figuring out the order.

Dunphy probably just bitter he didn't get the chance to criticise Ronaldo missing the penalty. Oddly enough there wasn't a word about their idea when Drogba took Chelseas 5th against Munich.

I just switched off after that, would be nice if they focused on analysing the game.

cgpg5 wrote: »

Is that actually outlined in the rulebook? I know that it's up to each team to decide upon who takes penos, but not so sure that the order of kickers cannot be altered.
    • Each team is responsible for selecting the players from those on the field of play at the end of the match and the order in which they will take the kicks.

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/affederation/federation/laws_of_the_game_0708_10565.pdf

It's a bit vague.. doesn't really specify that the order in which kicks are taken can't be changed.

Is that actually outlined in the rulebook? I know that it's up to each team to decide upon who takes penos, but not so sure that the order of kickers cannot be altered.

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/affederation/federation/laws_of_the_game_0708_10565.pdf

It's a bit vague.. doesn't really specify that the order in which kicks are taken can't be changed.

Yeah I am open to correction.
    Shouldn't really be a problem though, I suppose the only reason they want a list is so that a sub/sent off player doesn't take one. In my view, anyone (from the 11) should be allowed go up and take one, can be decided on the spot (as long as they haven't taken one before!).

• Site Banned Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Lionel Messy

I don't know whether it was Bento or Ronaldo who made the decision so I won't jump to conclusions. RTE is very tabloid. Eamon 'Spanish Expert Dunphy, ****ing hell how they refer to him as that while keeping a straight face always makes me smirk. He's a broken man, a lousy incoherent old bollocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

carvaggio wrote: »

If they were actually watching they would have seen Paulo Bento talking to an assistant/coach prior to the shootout with a piece of paper figuring out the order.

Dunphy probably just bitter he didn't get the chance to criticise Ronaldo missing the penalty. Oddly enough there wasn't a word about their idea when Drogba took Chelseas 5th against Munich.

I just switched off after that, would be nice if they focused on analysing the game.

They'll use any excuse to have a go at him. In the champions league semi finals messi and someone else missed a peno. Ronaldo scored one and missed one in the shootout.
    When it came to the other 2 they said that can happen anyone. When ronaldo missed they said he had no bottle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Ronald wanted the glory of scoring the winner.

Putting personal glory before the team is why he's second best to Messi.

Glad Portugal are out.

Maybe he did but at the same time the last kick is often the most pressurised one so you'd want your best player to take it. I mean Alves buckled under the pressure of the 4th spot kick (tho very unlucky!) so imagine if he was taking the last.
    Really?

Yip you have to nominate the players before they take it and stick to the order. I feel sorry for Portugal, they worked their socks off last night to not allow Spain to play football as they usually do.
    carvaggio wrote: »

Have to agree, from what I heard of it in the pub last night they couldn't wait to tear into Ronaldo, it was hardly his fault his team mates missed their spot kicks. As I said above, the 5th peno is usually the one with the most pressure, you can't afford to miss it so I can completely understand why they took the chance of leaving Ronaldo until then.

derfderf wrote: »
    They'll use any excuse to have a go at him. In the champions league semi finals messi and someone else missed a peno. ronaldo scored one and missed one in the shootout.
    When it band to the other 2 they said that can happen anyone. When ronaldo missed they said he had no bottle.

Dunphy has a fixation on Ronaldo. I believe the reason he is so bitter is because he spent the best part of 5 years slating the socks off the kid when he was at United. Now that the "puffball" as he once so charmingly referred to him is considered to be one of the top players in the world Dunphy feels like he has to magnify any little fault to try and drag him back down again.

Its sad really, and a little creepy also. In another world I think he wanted to be a "Ronaldo". The fame the money, cars, mansion, girls. But instead he had to deal with bitter rejection at Old Trafford and a journeyman career at the likes of York City and Millwall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

Dunphy has got to be one of the best trolls out there thf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

DEUTSCHLAND! SIEG! :pac: 3-1 to Germany tonight everybody.

I fear another nil all tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

I fear another nil all tonight.

Spain scored against Italy and imo Germany have more clinical finishers than the Spanish starting eleven.

Italy or Germany ?? I am going for who ever plays the most stylish & attacking football tonight.

• Administrators Posts: 54,113 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Come on Germany. :)

• Advertisement

Italy aren't going to let this go easily that's for sure.

Germany turning up the heat! :)

Ack balls! Not him! :(

If Germany keep on defending like that Italy will thrash them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,036 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Who, the guy with a head like a Cornish Pasty?

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Very open game so far.

Sexy German chick in the crowd.. man of the match so far

What a goal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,036 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Possibly the goal of the tournament there. Could so easily have gone very wrong on several fronts. Germany has quite the hill to climb ... :eek:

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

I do love that crazy bastard :D

Some finish.

I do love that crazy bastard :D

Thought it was the spanish one :confused::confused::P

realies wrote: »
    Thought it was the spanish one :confused::confused::P

Ah xabi I'd like to ride. Balotelli I'd like to go on the piss with :p

Did I have tell you,s that I was always an Italian fan ;-)

Ah xabi I'd like to ride. Balotelli I'd like to go on the piss with :p

:D:D:D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement