Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The *ONLY* After Hours thread about the European Championships.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Did Mario storm off down the tunnel at the end? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Super-Rush wrote: »
    He knew he'd miss it if he went himself.

we will agree to disagree on this one. I still think he is a great footballer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

hondasam wrote: »
    Did you enjoy the tournament ? you converting to the footie?

Kinda, My Polish neighbours got me out playing on the green after most of the first round games for the craic. I really enjoyed that, missed the man marking you get in football and Gaa.

The diving and head holding drive me cracked though and ruin the game as a whole for me. It's still a bit ghey but not as ghey.

Fair play to Spain, played very well tonight. Italy can hold their heads high, they had a great tournament when everyone thought they would be useless in this competition.

Oh and a special message to the German team...."Fook off you cunts, cost me a fortune" :pac:

we will agree to disagree on this one. I still think he is a great footballer.

Wasn't he joint top scorer or right up there?

S-Rush is only bitter :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

Torres has won the Golden Boot :o

Flippin Germans and Benzema taking all my money - well PaddyPower has :mad:

Wasn't he joint top scorer or right up there?

S-Rush is only bitter :p

Ya he was.

Super bitter nah I don't think so, well not so you'd notice :p

I think rugby is more ghey :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Mario balotelli is like a child, he only lost the European championship :-)

Maire2009 wrote: »
    Torres has won the Golden Boot :o

Flippin Germans and Benzema taking all my money - well PaddyPower has :mad:

Ladbrokes have mine :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

realies wrote: »
    Big huffy head on him :D

Mario balotelli is like a child,

He always is though, that's why I like him, he's got a touch of the crazies :D

Ya he was.

Super bitter nah I don't think so, well not so you'd notice :p

I think rugby is more ghey :pac:

I support my local rugby team and in turn support Irish rugby. if ye footie folks did the same we may have a different national team but we'll save that argument for another day. :P

People around here going mental, lots of horn blowing and singing, feel a bit sorry for the Italians.

Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser!

Glad ye don't get to see me after I lose a game of 5-a-side :p

He did not want to be seen crying on the pitch. Poor baby you got to feel sorry for the losing team.

I support my local rugby team and in turn support Irish rugby. if ye footie folks did the same we may have a different national team but we'll save that argument for another day. :P

Trolling your own forum Micky? :p

• Advertisement

fallon wrote: »
    Ladbrokes have mine :(

:( Mine is with william hill :( or billy as I called him when I was giving him my money :mad:thought we where friends .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

kfallon wrote: »
    Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser!

Glad ye don't get to see me after I lose a game of 5-a-side :p
    The Irish team?

People around here going mental, lots of horn blowing and singing, feel a bit sorry for the Italians.

Oh look at you :D we will argue for sure no doubt :p

Ya I always feel sorry for the losing team too.

I didn't bring rugby into it :p That would so survive a drp :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Great thread btw folks.

Well played.

• Advertisement

Kiera wrote: »
    The Irish team?

I don't think the players were happy to lose, see Keith Andrews at the Italy game

Nah winding me up more like. :p

he is good at that daisy. :pac:

:( Mine is with william hill :( or billy as I called him when I was giving him my money :mad:thought we where friends .

I wouldn't give William Hill the steam off me piss, thank God they are gone out of Ireland :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Eamonn Dunphy just commented that it was interesting that no Spanish players sang their national anthem.

There's no words in the Spanish national anthem......

Great thread btw folks.

Well played.

I've enjoyed it, apart from the nonsense when England got knocked out.

I'm gonna miss ye guys :(:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

Eamon Dunphy reckons that "none of the Spanish players sang the national anthem to show they were unified and would not get involved in the politics between Madrid and Catalonia." OR, just maybe, their national anthem has no lyrics you complete and utter moron.

Great thread btw folks.

Well played.

100% agreed, For the very most part it was good humoured and a real pleasure to drop into now and again.

Great thread btw folks.

Well played.
    100% agreed, For the very most part it was good humoured and a real pleasure to drop into now and again.

So say all of us :)

It was fun and enjoyed the banter.

• Administrators Posts: 54,113 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Your wee lad alba is a speedy wee fcuker, isn't he ?

Great thread. I don't have the balls for the soccer forum so it was brilliant to have this here :)

Until Brazil lads :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

Nodin wrote: »
    Why do players get a yellow card for taking off their shirt? The risk of overciting the wimminz (and a few of the menz)? Making the rest of us with the curved bellys nature intended look odd?

Rather than the sponsorship explanation earlier IIRC it was to clamp down on players with messages etc on tshirts under their jerseys. AFAIK there was a few incidents of players scoring then whipping off the jersey to reveal insults etc to opposing fans. They nipped it in the bud rather than risk a player inciting a riot with some rubbish under his jersey.

See yis all for the world cup :-) keep well.

Are we having a megathread for the Olympics? Will have to brush up on my Gymnastics, dressage and weightlifting tho I'm not sure I want to talking about some female Bulgarian weightlifter's 'snatch' :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭DoneDL

Gutted but well done to Spain.

Great thread. I don't have the balls for the soccer forum so it was brilliant to have this here :)

Until Brazil lads :D

Yeah it gets a bit heavy over there, I've enjoyed the lighthearted look at these championships

See yis all for the world cup :-) keep well.

Don't forget to write :pac:

Are we having a megathread for the Olympics? Will have to brush up on my Gymnastics, dressage and weightlifting tho I'm not sure I want to talking about some female Bulgarian weightlifter's 'snatch' :pac:

Any beach volley ball? :D

They were showing that alongside the rugby in a Belgian bar I was in in Italy. I didn't know which to be watching :pac:

Watch it with the sound down ;)

• Advertisement

They were showing that alongside the rugby in a Belgian bar I was in in Italy. I didn't know which to be watching :pac:

Considering the game and when you were in Italy, the beach volleyball was probably a better bet :/

:p

C'mon now round it off with a good Apres Match!!!

C'mon now round it off with a good Apres Match!!!

Doubtful, most of their new stuff has been dire. I think that's where the classic Apres Match idea came in.

prinz wrote: »
    Doubtful, most of their new stuff has been dire. I think that's where the classic Apres Match idea came in.

The voiceover one was good and the Craig Doyle one!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

At least the Germans didnt win it and we didnt have to see Merkil jumping up and down,pretending to be a football fan and looking as if she knew what was happening

OK that one is good. :pac:

• Advertisement

"I'm gonna get it on me hoop Bill" :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12 T1978

Unreal isn't he? He's worse than most ignorant fools you'd overhear in the pub. My problem is he gets paid good licence payer's money to spout his ignorance over the airwaves. He can't help trying to be the controversial populist. This doesn't work when you are such a grossly ill-informed fool.
    I just sent a complaint into RTE about. It would be nice if they allowed some younger,smarter blood to replace these old fogies. To half quote the fool himself, let's hope they "don't buy into this [anti-Spanish] rubbish".
    Eamonn Dunphy just commented that it was interesting that no Spanish players sang their national anthem.

There's no words in the Spanish national anthem......

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭rmchmufc

Two things to say

1) Spain were were worthy winners and I was thoroughly impressed with how
    they won it.

2) Eamon Dunphy should have a listen to the Spanish anthem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

I was in Spain when the semi-finals were on. Portugal gave them a good run for their money - if they had a half decent striker instead of that useless git Almeida , they may even have beaten them. But they didn't & the street parties that night were amazing!

I thought Italy played really well throughout the tournament - having seen them disassemble a really good German team, I thought they'd stand a decent chance against the Spanish, but they were thoroughly outclassed tonight by a far superior team.

The game reminded me of watching a bullfight - two goals left Italy shocked and reeling, like they had been lanced by the Toreros. Then the spectacle began - Spain, the Matadors, playing with the injured Italian bull until it became so weak & defenceless, that it was time to finish them off with the sword. The final blows through the neck & into the heart of the Italians delivered skilfully by Torres & Mata.

So many big finals are a disappointment, but this was a spectacle deserved of the occasion. And fittingly, Ramos finished off the display with a mock waving of a Matador's cape for the assembled press - Spain's first and only sign of showing off, but hey, who can blame him?

A good tournament all round it has to be said, with some great games and for a change, some excellent referreeing. Roll on the World Cup!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

The best team won emphatically! Enjoyed this thread. You can comment with others in a civilized fashion.

Thanks to the other contributors and thanks to the mods.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement