Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planning permission for a shed

• 30-05-2012 3:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

From reading previous articles, they say your only allowed 25sq metres, but my engineer says its 40 sq m. And you have to be 1 meter from one boundary wall and 11 from th other boundary if you want windows on that side??
    Anyone clear this up for me without saying "look at this link" I get confused with technical lingo!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭kmepll

I rang the planning Office a about 2 years ago and it was 25sqm but it could have changed,Ring them just to confirm

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

40 square meters is for a ground floor/single storey extension to a house.

A block shed/garage can only be 25 meters square.

Anything over that size needs full planning permission.

If building the garage in the back garden,there there must be at least 25 square meters of leisure space/garden/land between the proposed garage and the back wall of the house.

http://www.environ.ie/en/Publications/DevelopmentandHousing/Planning/FileDownLoad,1586,en.pdf

Any decent engineer should know that off by heart.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Mightymouse vs Dangermouse

Hey paddy 147, whats the difference between point 5 and 6?? Is it that one is attached to the side of the house and the other is separate completely??

actually its point 6 and 7 paddy147!

actually its point 6 and 7 paddy147!

Point 6 is if the house allready has a garage attached to the side of the house,and you want to make that garage part of the house,as in converting the garage to a "living space",new room in the house.

Point 7 is about actually "building" a garage seperately from scratch.

• Advertisement

ok, gotcha. so there is no possibel way of building one that is 40 m2 then? Or is there?

ok, gotcha. so there is no possibel way of building one that is 40 m2 then? Or is there?

NO....simple as that.

You NEED full planning permission for anything over 25 square meters with regards building a shed.

Your engineer should know this off by heart,and if he or she doesnt know,then I would be seriously questioning them and their professional abilities.

Advertisement