Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't browse while downloading

• 30-05-2012 3:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭

I have never came across this sort of issue in my life. I thought it was a one-off thing but it's now persistent.

Every time I download a file (whether it's one little song worth 10MB or any program worth like 1GB, doesn't matter even if it's one file or 5 files) my internet just stops working altogether.

I thought it was a Google Chrome issue so i tried Firefox........still the same problem.

The second I hit 'download' on any file, I can't do anything else but just sit there and wait for it to finish downloading. When I try to open a webpage, I get the "This web page is not available" error (on Chrome) or the "Server not found" error (on Firefox).

I'm using a Zyxel router and I'm with Eircom. I've been with Eircom ever since I first got broadband and this is the first time I have experienced this.

I'd be most grateful or at least relieved if someone could shed some light for me on this. It's a pain in the arse and it's putting me off my need/want to download anything. I can't even browse the internet when I'm updating a program or game (patches etc.)

Would anyone be able to help?

Thanks anyhow.

:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

gamercfc wrote: »
    I have never came across this sort of issue in my life. I thought it was a one-off thing but it's now persistent.

Every time I download a file (whether it's one little song worth 10MB or any program worth like 1GB, doesn't matter even if it's one file or 5 files) my internet just stops working altogether.

I thought it was a Google Chrome issue so i tried Firefox........still the same problem.

The second I hit 'download' on any file, I can't do anything else but just sit there and wait for it to finish downloading. When I try to open a webpage, I get the "This web page is not available" error (on Chrome) or the "Server not found" error (on Firefox).

I'm using a Zyxel router and I'm with Eircom. I've been with Eircom ever since I first got broadband and this is the first time I have experienced this.

I'd be most grateful or at least relieved if someone could shed some light for me on this. It's a pain in the arse and it's putting me off my need/want to download anything. I can't even browse the internet when I'm updating a program or game (patches etc.)

Would anyone be able to help?

Thanks anyhow.

:)

Not much help but here is your problem.

Get a decent isp. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

hobochris wrote: »
    Not much help but here is your problem.

Get a decent isp. ;)

I had a feeling someone was gonna have a dig at the ISP. Ha! .. Like I said. I've been with Eircom since day 1 (2005 to be precise) and this is the first time I've experienced this.

So I doubt It's an ISP issue

Advertisement