Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First external Lodgement ATM

Options
  • 30-05-2012 3:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭

Following on from a previous thread, we want to update our boards users on our Lodgement ATM (LATM) facilities.

We've now installed the first ever external Lodgement ATM in Ireland. We've received good feedback from customers who have been using our new internal LATMs and have received requests to have the facility made available outside the branch. We've responded by installing an external LATM located in Stillorgan Shopping Centre, Dublin. The facility allows customers to lodge cash and cheques on a 24/7 basis, to help service customer needs outside normal business hours. We'll continue to keep you up-to-date as we progress.

206984.jpg

Thanks,
    Graham

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,584 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Following on from a previous thread, we want to update our boards users on our Lodgement ATM (LATM) facilities.

We've now installed the first ever external Lodgement ATM in Ireland. We've received good feedback from customers who have been using our new internal LATMs and have received requests to have the facility made available outside the branch. We've responded by installing an external LATM located in Stillorgan Shopping Centre, Dublin. The facility allows customers to lodge cash and cheques on a 24/7 basis, to help service customer needs outside normal business hours. We'll continue to keep you up-to-date as we progress.

206984.jpg

Thanks,
    Graham

Are these electronic lodgements going to be priced at a cheaper level than teller lodgements?
    Where can one find pricing for all transactions?

I've used the internal LATM's and found them to be generally very good so this is welcome.
    I got my fees statement for the quarter yesterday however and need to look into how I can reduce what I pay in fees.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,415 ✭✭✭Tow

We've now installed the first ever external Lodgement ATM in Ireland.

There seems to be short memories in BOI!

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Graham

Hi kippy,

Thanks for your queries and your positive feedback.

Lodgements made using the external LATMs are priced the same as teller lodgements or internal LATM lodgements.

If you're a personal customer, you can find a full listing of fees and charges in our Schedule of Fees and Charges for Personal Customers brochure. There's also a section at the back with helpful tips to save on fees and charges. You can find more information on current accounts and a link to the brochure by clicking here.

Business customers can click here for links to their schedule of fees brochure and tips to reduce fees.

If you need anything else please feel free to ask.
    Thanks,
    Graham

• Registered Users Posts: 25,437 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

I find this facility very useful for lodging cheques, saves filling in forms. Useful to know there's now an outdoor machine I can use out of hours or at weekends.

Just thought you'd like an odd positive comment!

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭who is this

Is it a cash-recycling system? i.e. Does it recognise the money itself, and dispense it for others' withdrawals like say, the self-checkouts in Tesco?

Will the updated balance be reflected immediately for cash, like say that machine in O'Connell Street branch that recognises what you've put in (I can't remember if that machine does withdrawals or not, so I don't know if it's a CRS)? Or is it like those old school ones that you put the money in an envelope and it has to be counted by someone before it's credited.

Great news in any case. Hope to see more of them. But I especially hope its a CRS. CRS in other countries are so much less prone to running out of cash, since they can be replenished by anyone, not just the bank.

• Advertisement

coylemj wrote: »
    I find this facility very useful for lodging cheques, saves filling in forms. Useful to know there's now an outdoor machine I can use out of hours or at weekends.

Just thought you'd like an odd positive comment!

Great to hear you like it.

Thanks for your feedback,
    Graham

Hi who is this,

Yes, the external LATM is similar to the machine in O'Connell Street branch and it also dispenses cash. There's no need for envelopes; the cash is lodged straight into your account. You can lodge up to 50 notes in a bundle and multiple bundles are accepted. Your lodgement will be reflected in your on-screen balance and/or receipt.

Thanks for your comments,
    Graham

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭rev2.0

Excellent!

Look forward to a few more of these being rolled out around Dublin. One of my gripes with BOI was always trying to get to a branch to make a lodgement before it closed, these will fix that!

Good work

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭dublin daz

We've now installed the first ever external Lodgement ATM in Ireland.

Thanks,
    Graham

Do you mean first in Ireland with Bank of Ireland or first in Ireland to ever offer an ATM lodgment facility?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,437 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

dublin daz wrote: »
    Do you mean first in Ireland with Bank of Ireland or first in Ireland to ever offer an ATM lodgment facility?

That's obviously an ambush question, what's your point?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭delos

Would I be able to lodge sterling cheques using one of these? I get them from time to time as birthday / christmas gifts for my kids and it is one of the only reasons I have left to take time off from work to go to a branch.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭dmn

Looking forward to hopefully seeing some of these pop up in Cork City over the coming months

Hi dublin daz,
    dublin daz wrote: »

It's the first external Lodgement ATM in Ireland where cash lodgements are applied directly to your account.

Thanks for your query,
    Graham

Hi delos,
    delos wrote: »
    Would I be able to lodge sterling cheques using one of these? I get them from time to time as birthday / christmas gifts for my kids and it is one of the only reasons I have left to take time off from work to go to a branch.

Unfortunately it doesn't accept any foreign cheques. It might be worth suggesting that instead of sending a cheque that an electronic payment could be made instead; it's more convenient and faster.

If you have any other queries please don't hesitate to ask.
    Thanks,
    Graham

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Nicola

Guys, just a reminder-off topic or abusive posts will be removed.

Thanks,
    Nicola

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭dublin daz

Hi dublin daz,

It's the first external Lodgement ATM in Ireland where cash lodgements are applied directly to your account.

Thanks for your query,
    Graham

Thanks Graham,

Hadn't seen anything about this on insite.

Darren.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Mike Strutter

Just traipsed out to Stillorgan from Santry to lodge money and this LATM doesn't work.

Hi delos,
    delos wrote: »

Unfortunately it doesn't accept any foreign cheques. It might be worth suggesting that instead of sending a cheque that an electronic payment could be made instead; it's more convenient and faster.

If you have any other queries please don't hesitate to ask.
    Thanks,
    Graham

Hi Mike Strutter,

Apologies that you made the trip across and there was a problem. I'd like to check into it for you. Can you please tell me what was the issue and was there an error message on the screen? Also, roughly what time was it at?

Thanks for your help,
    Graham

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Mike Strutter

Hi Graham

Aprox 8.20- 8.55 last night.
    Slot was blinking with a green light but no one could insert their ATM cards.

No error on screen.

Strutter

Apologies that you made the trip across and there was a problem. I'd like to check into it for you. Can you please tell me what was the issue and was there an error message on the screen? Also, roughly what time was it at?

Thanks for your help,
    Graham[/Quote]

Thanks Strutter,

I'll find out if there was an issue and get back to you as soon as I have more information.

Thanks again,
    Graham

• Advertisement

Hi Strutter,

We've reviewed the service log on the LATM and there appear to be no issues on Tuesday evening. The machine had been transacting without any difficulties beforehand and has been since. However, given your experience, we've requested that an engineer examine it today to ensure service continues as expected.

Thanks for your feedback,
    Graham

• Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

Thanks,
    Graham

Actually Permanent TSB had this facility on a lot of their ATMs outside their branches for years but now unfortunately have got rid of them as part of cost-cutting measures.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭rev2.0

Any plans to roll out more of these? I noticed AIB have lodgement facilities until 9pm 7 days a week on grafton street

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Laura

Hi rev2.0.

Thanks for getting in touch.

We do not have a specific timeframe for more external LATM's. The LATM in Stillorgan is available 24 hours a day.

If you have any further queries, please ask.
    Laura

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Sister Assumpta

Great to hear about this. Just googed 'Bank of Ireland out of hours lodgement' and found this thread.

I wonder why they chose Stillorgan and not somewhere more central, is it a trial? And if so, should we expect to (hopefully) see more of these around the country?

Thanks.

Hi Sister Assumpta,

Thanks for getting in touch. We choose different locations to pilot new services, and always undertake a full evaluation before a decision is made to roll-out.

Thanks,
    Graham

• Registered Users Posts: 34 billy87

is there only one of these 24 hour lodgement atms?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi billy87,

Thanks for posting.

At the moment we have just one external lodgement ATM. As soon as we have any update on this we will post it here.

Thanks
    Tara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Hello,

Just wondering how does this work? Does it accept cash notes? How long would it take the balance of my current account to be updated if I made a lodgement?

Do you have to submit the cash in some sort of envelope?

Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Pat

Hi G-Money,

Thanks for your query. We've been asked something similar previously.
    There's no need for envelopes; the cash is lodged straight into your account. You can lodge up to 50 notes in a bundle and multiple bundles are accepted. Your lodgement will be reflected in your on-screen balance and/or receipt.

I hope this answers all of your questions. If there's anything else we can do for you, just let us know.

Thanks
    Pat

Advertisement