Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First external Lodgement ATM

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭quietsailor

When will there be a machine available that allows you to put a narrative on the lodgement. I'm looking at switching from BOI to another bank at the moment as narratives aren't allowed any more at the teller. If a machine that allows narratives to be placed on the lodgement comes in I would stay with BOI

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi quietsailor,

Thanks for posting.

We are sorry to hear you are considering moving your account. We are not aware of any immediate plans to allow narratives to be inputted at the Lodgement ATMs. We will pass on your suggestion to the appropriate department.

One option would be to use 365Online as it is possible to input a reference which the payee will see on their statement.

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭quietsailor

Hi quietsailor,

Thanks for posting.

We are sorry to hear you are considering moving your account. We are not aware of any immediate plans to allow narratives to be inputted at the Lodgement ATMs. We will pass on your suggestion to the appropriate department.

One option would be to use 365Online as it is possible to input a reference which the payee will see on their statement.

Thanks
    Tara

I understood that this is a once off deal - eg if Joe bloggs want to put the deposit in the 1st month and then for the 1st and subsequent months put rent into my account it can only be narrated once as "Joe Bloggs Deposit" (1st transaction) and can't be changed in the second and subsequent transactions to read "Joe Bloggs rent"

Also this means that the other person has to have BOI online banking, it was a lot easier for people to make a teller lodgement and place a narrative on it.

Given the amount of people renting have BOI shot themselves in the foot over this? All landlords need to be able to explain to the revenue where the money intheir account comes from, if BOI make it hard to do so and another bank makes it easy why stay with BOI?

Hi quietsailor,

Tenants who use online banking would have the option of making the first payment using the reference "their name deposit". They could then delete the details and set them up again with a new reference to include the word rent. This should only need to be done once as going forward the reference shouldn't need to change again. This is a common facility on most bank's online services, so the person making the payment does not need to be a Bank of Ireland customer.

This option may be more convenient as there is no need to take time out of your day to visit a branch.

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Legalbooks.ie

Hi Tara
    I recently used these machines in your branch in Smithfield and found them extremely useful especially the print outs of the cheques
    I am also interested in having one in my shop what are the possibilities of this?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Graham

Hi Legalbooks.ie,

We're glad to hear that you found the Lodgement ATM useful. A decision has not been made to introduce them in places other than Bank of Ireland branches.

Thanks for your post,
    Graham

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭The Voice of reason

dublin daz wrote: »
    Thanks Graham,

Hadn't seen anything about this on insite.

Darren.
    What's Insite??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭tony81

When will there be a machine available that allows you to put a narrative on the lodgement. I'm looking at switching from BOI to another bank at the moment as narratives aren't allowed any more at the teller. If a machine that allows narratives to be placed on the lodgement comes in I would stay with BOI
    Well wouldn't that be fun, standing behind someone typing an essay at the atm?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Hi The Voice of reason,

Insite is an internal website in Bank of Ireland to provide information to staff.

Thanks
    Linda

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭The Voice of reason

Thanks Linda

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭hawkeyethenoo

is this inside the shopping centre and what time does the shopping centre close?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi hawkeyethenoo,

Thanks for posting.

The external lodgement ATM is in the shopping centre.
    You can check the opening times on our ATM/Branch locator here

Thanks

Billy

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭hawkeyethenoo

thank you for the reply. i was also wondering can you deposit sterling into them or would i have to change it first. thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi hawkeyethenoo,

Thanks for posting.

It is not possible to deposit sterling to lodgements ATM's.
    They accept euro only.

Thanks

Billy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

hi,

just very quickly are there any external latms in north dublin ?

cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Hi,

The O'Connell street branch has a self service lobby, which has a lodgement ATM.  The opening hours are 8am-6:30pm Monday-Friday and 9am-5pm Weekends and Bank holidays.

There are two external lodgement ATMs in Dublin, one in Walkinstown and the other is in Stillorgan.

Thanks for taking the time to post.

Linda

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

Hi,

The O'Connell street branch has a self service lobby, which has a lodgement ATM.  The opening hours are 8am-6:30pm Monday-Friday and 9am-5pm Weekends and Bank holidays.

There are two external lodgement ATMs in Dublin, one in Walkinstown and the other is in Stillorgan.

Thanks for taking the time to post.

Linda

thanks a mil,

the weekends are a big help for lodging monies :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Bigmambo

Hi, are there any more LATM's in Dublin now ?

Thanks

Bigmambo wrote: »
    Hi, are there any more LATM's in Dublin now ?

Thanks
    Hi Bigmambo,

Thanks for getting in touch. 

We've a full listing of external LATMs and Self-service Lobbies here on our main website.

Thanks
    Tara

Advertisement