Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

F1 this weekend

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

sugarman wrote: »
    Cop on will you, you swear events like this don't happen in any other major city across the world?

Its a once off for 5hrs of a bank holiday of free entertainment. Its on this weekend as its the least busiest too.

Once off me arse:

http://www.dublincity.ie/RoadsandTraffic/ScheduledDisruptions/Pages/ScheduledDisruptionsHome.aspx

And that page doesn't incuding the fire brigade marching up o'connell street today. Every second weekend this city is being closed off for some event. Presumably the corpo don't know theres a big bleeding park up beside heuston station.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Hope it stays raining tomorrow for this. The less people, the closer i can get to these magnificent machines and drivers :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

Mr Whirly wrote: »
    A bit more cop on would have been to forget the whole stupid idea. Rich dickheads driving around in cars causing massive disruption for weeks while erecting stands to cater for other rich dickheads benefits nobody. Have it along a motorway in Laois or somewhere where they won't cause absolute mayhem.

So the revenue created through taxation for this event benefits nobody? Massive disruption for weeks? I was going through town today at 4 in the afternoon, there was no disruption of any scale. The only disruption occurred tonight and it will be finished by tomorrow night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Templebar was dead tonight because of this farce.

Closing the roads from seven (although it was a little after eight when road closures came into effect) on a Saturday evening.

Must have cost the bar's, shops and eateries a small fortune this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Bambi wrote: »
    Once off me arse:

http://www.dublincity.ie/RoadsandTraffic/ScheduledDisruptions/Pages/ScheduledDisruptionsHome.aspx

And that page doesn't incuding the fire brigade marching up o'connell street today. Every second weekend this city is being closed off for some event. Presumably the corpo don't know theres a big bleeding park up beside heuston station.

Have no qualms about DFB marching to celebrate 150 years of service,but agree that this stupid F1 stuff shouldn't have happenned,Temple Bar and surrounding areas were dead tonight because of the road closures.

• Advertisement

Temple Bar and surrounding areas were dead tonight because of the road closures.

We must have crossed paths tonight so!.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Such negativity in this thread :(

Sure lets cancel the marathon and mini marathon while we are at it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭alie

Well rain or not, I'm heading in with the kids, at least most of its free and hopefully they will see a few cars and bikes, top gear in city west was a farce and tickets way too expensive. Something to do for a rainy bank holiday

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Such negativity in this thread :(

+1

Sure we might as well cancel the St Patrick's Day Parade, Sky Ride, New Year's Fireworks et. And we should have kept Obama and QE II out of the city centre too in case the publicans of Temple Bar took a hit.

Much better to use the city centre for total commercial activity and forget about any cultural, socia, historicl or sporting events.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,695 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

+1

+1 ridiculous carry on. Sounds like the fools on the Galway forum bitching about the Volvo Ocean Race before it actually arrived. They changed their tune after the event. I'm away this weekend, but if I was in the city I'd be knocking around the F1 event, looks amazing, great to see Ireland and Dublin attracting the big events.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

John_Rambo wrote: »
    +1 ridiculous carry on. Sounds like the fools on the Galway forum bitching about the Volvo Ocean Race before it actually arrived. They changed their tune after the event. I'm away this weekend, but if I was in the city I'd be knocking around the F1 event, looks amazing, great to see Ireland and Dublin attracting the big events.
    +1 here too,
    Great too see stuff like this here, While I wont be going myself due to work, I would have loved to go see!

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭BuzzFish

We complain when there is nothing to do and we complain when these fantastic events come to Ireland. There is no pleasing some people. The Bavaria Street Racing is broadcast to circa 300,000 people... who will have the city showcased to them.
    Also, temple bar was probably dead last night as people hold their cash for the busy months ahead with the Euro's, Olympics, Volvo Ocean Race, GAA championship, concerts in the Phoenix Park, Marathons all over the country, racing festivals etc etc etc. I for one love this country and the fact these events come to our little corner of the world.
    Stop complaining and make use of the summer. Just cause the sun isn't shining doesn't mean that the summer can't be enjoyed.
    .....Or just stay home on the internet complaining

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

Will this go ahead with the bad weather?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Mr Whirly

RMD wrote: »
    So the revenue created through taxation for this event benefits nobody? Massive disruption for weeks? I was going through town today at 4 in the afternoon, there was no disruption of any scale. The only disruption occurred tonight and it will be finished by tomorrow night.

If you travelled up and down East Wall Quay daily you'd be aware there has been massive disruption since they started erecting the stands.

Slunk wrote: »
    Not being rude but would you not have googled it before asking on here?

Not being rude but a lot of discussion on boards.ie could be avoided if people used google more, also its not your place to decide what actions a subscriber to this forum takes.

If you've a problem with something then report it, you're here long enough to know that, not being rude like!.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Hope it stays raining tomorrow for this. The less people, the closer i can get to these magnificent machines and drivers :cool:
    This ^

Im on my way into town now, so I'm one of these 'pox bottles' ;)

Paddock tickets and I couldn't be more fūcking psyched. People complaing over lost business seem to be forgetting the fact that the event will generate millions.

Some aren't happy unless they are complaing. This is going to be epic ;)

Right all joking and snide remarks aside, is this actual racing or is it a demonstration of F1 cars, touring cars, super bikes etc?.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭cgarrad

Website is down.

Wow....

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭BuzzFish

Mr Whirly wrote: »
    If you travelled up and down East Wall Quay daily you'd be aware there has been massive disruption since they started erecting the stands.

Not true. I travel the quays end to end twice a day (7am+5pm) and the traffic has been no heavier than usual

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

11:55 Event Opening          
    12:10 Legend Sprint
    12:30 Race Car Demo         
    12:40 Monster Street Mania
    13:05 GP2 Sprint
    13:15 JB off road Buggys Demo
    13:20 Jenson Button; Vodafone McLaren F1
    13:30 Rally Car Display
    13:40 Super Bikes   
    13:50 Group B Rally Car Parade    
    14:00 Caterham F1 car run
    14:10 Pro Drift
    14:20 Ferrari Owners Club parade
    14:30 Legend Sprint
    14:35 Jenson Button; Vodafone McLaren F1 
    14:40 Historical Mercedes / Jenson track run
    14:45 GP2 Sprint     
    14:55 Super Car Parade
    15:05 Race Car Demo         
    15:15 Rally Car Display
    15:25 Caterham F1 car run
    15:35 JB off road Buggys Demo     
    15:45 Monster Street Mania         
    16:10 Super Car Parade
    16:20 Superbikes
    16:30 Caterham F1 car run
    16:40 Ferrari Owners Club parade
    16:50 Group B Rally Car Parade
    17:00 Pro Drift
    17:05 Show Ends

Enjoy the show

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,018 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

2 tickets for today if anybody wants them, frieNd will not be using them. Asked me so im popping them here for takers. Clonsilla pickup. First pm with a contact number gets them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭A Disgrace

I'm up near the fountain on James St and can hear the engines roaring from here. It actually sounds like they're outside!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭cgarrad

BCRD-routemap-666.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,985 ✭✭✭kirving

Ears ringing still. Like someone screaming in your ear is the best way to describe it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Duff

Are they opening the roads back up tonight? I've to pick up some mates around the o2 later and was planning on parking around by East Wall somewhere..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

The amount of idiots ruining it for people behind them with there brollies up is something else. Gave up after about 20 mins standing about by Fleet Street.

OK fine it is raining but there is this wonderful invention called the hat, or an even better one called the hood. Both of these will keep you nice and dry and with the added value of not ruining the view for those behind you.

Right rant over, the sound of the engines is something else though!! Up by Cornmarket and can hear them loud and clear :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

mikemac1 wrote: »

Would be fine with me. We have a massive walled park that they can all run around in to their hearts content. I'm bleedin' sick of the cities inability to organise anything without putting half the town on lockdown.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Why is none of this being televised? Or is there kind of a "highlights" show on later or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,695 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Bambi wrote: »
    I'm bleedin' sick of the cities inability to organise anything without putting half the town on lockdown.

Yeah look at the Monaco grand prix.. No disruption, roads are open to the public etc...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,018 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

John_Rambo wrote: »
    Yeah look at the Monaco grand prix.. No disruption, roads are open to the public etc...
    a Monaco comparison to Dublin.....eh...ok :rolleyes:

Advertisement