Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Working While on JSB

• 30-05-2012 4:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 222 ✭✭

I'm working tomorrow only for the referendum. I'm currently on JSB and I was wondering what the procedure is for this? Should I just say nothing as it is only for 1 day?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

You have to sign off for the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 222 ✭✭Maestro84

Chucken wrote: »
    You have to sign off for the day.

Oh right and how do you go about doing that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 477 ✭✭plasteritup

Maestro84 wrote: »
    Oh right and how do you go about doing that?

if you go into tescos down by the fruit n veg,there is a small cupboard,open it head inside and theres a german fella in there with the forms.

if you go into tescos down by the fruit n veg,there is a small cupboard,open it head inside and theres a german fella in there with the forms.
    Thanks for taking the time to write that out. You were a great help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

You don't have to sign off for the day. What you get for election/referenda/etc you get a fee. Whether DSFA consider this as income, I'm not sure. Its up to you whether you tell them or not, but imho it would be pretty lousy of them to penalise you, as you certainly won't be paid a fortune for the long & boring day you will have to endure !!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 477 ✭✭plasteritup

Thanks for taking the time to write that out. You were a great help.

ah come on!! ring the social welfare office.:)

A very helpful post:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

You don't have to sign off for the day. What you get for election/referenda/etc you get a fee. Whether DSFA consider this as income, I'm not sure. Its up to you whether you tell them or not, but imho it would be pretty lousy of them to penalise you, as you certainly won't be paid a fortune for the long & boring day you will have to endure !!!
    Thanks! That is the reply i was hoping for :)

The OP will still be getting money,whatever you choose to call it.
    My daughter got 2 4hour shifts over a weekend and had to sign off for the 2 days. Trust me,she didnt get a fortune for her boring job either.

Chucken wrote: »
    The OP will still be getting money,whatever you choose to call it.
    My daughter got 2 4hour shifts over a weekend and had to sign off for the 2 days. Trust me,she didnt get a fortune for her boring job either.

She should only have signed off for 1 day. Sunday does not exist in Welfarespeake. However that is changing.

What happens in the Polling Stn scenario is that each Registrar gets an allocation of money to cover his/her constituency. That is then allocated to the various resources used for that purpose. Part of the allocation is assigned to staff and paid as a fee to them without any statutory deductions.

• Advertisement

She should only have signed off for 1 day. Sunday does not exist in Welfarespeake. However that is changing.

It was Friday and Saturday evenings. Ah well,its water under the bridge now :)

Anyway,OP Id suggest ringing the social welfare office just to be sure :)

What happens in the Polling Stn scenario is that each Registrar gets an allocation of money to cover his/her constituency. That is then allocated to the various resources used for that purpose. Part of the allocation is assigned to staff and paid as a fee to them without any statutory deductions.

That is good enough me. If i get in trouble for this down the line I'll be blaming you :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

That is good enough me. If i get in trouble for this down the line I'll be blaming you :)

You are working on Thursday - so you have to sign off.
    You can get in trouble for this and can be assessed with an overpayment.
    You can contact your local office through the Contact Us section of welfare.ie and send them an email to advise you are working. Your payment will be deducted one day only then next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Gipo3

I was working at the last general election while signing on. Just tell sw at next sign on and bring your pay-slip. That is all you have to do.

Advertisement