Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swimming

Options
  • 30-05-2012 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,770 ✭✭✭

Im just wondering does anybody know of a place that does a membership for swimming only. Have a bike, exercise bike and some weights at home so dont need a gym. Just looking for a 3 month or 6 month memebership to help get back into shape. Would be looking to go 3 or 4 times a week so pay as you go each time wouldnt be ideal. Just if anybody knows im not sure if any gyms do this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Im just wondering does anybody know of a place that does a membership for swimming only. Have a bike, exercise bike and some weights at home so dont need a gym. Just looking for a 3 month or 6 month memebership to help get back into shape. Would be looking to go 3 or 4 times a week so pay as you go each time wouldnt be ideal. Just if anybody knows im not sure if any gyms do this.

Think Spirit down on the Quay does pool only

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Reading Wat Today I see that De Le Sal college in newtown have a swimming pool with diving boards as well it seems.

Do they ever open their pool to the public does anyone know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭south

Newtown private school has a pool but they don't open it to the public. They use to during the summer a good few years ago but not any more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

The crystal pool is great actually. It has a real deep end, rather than a bit deeper end. I think it's only 5.50 for an hour and you can buy 20 visits at a discount. Probably still on the expensive side for 3 or 4 visits a week though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

danjo-xx wrote: »
    Reading Wat Today I see that De Le Sal college in newtown have a swimming pool with diving boards as well it seems.

Do they ever open their pool to the public does anyone know.

De La Salle have no pool, but do have a successful swimming team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

wellboytoo wrote: »
    De La Salle have no pool, but do have a successful swimming team.

So there seems be De La Salle College and Newtown School......

I would have thought a college would more than likely have a pool rather than a school now that does surprises me.

SwimmingPool.png

• Registered Users Posts: 8,770 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Does anybody know if Spirit Gym changed their number. Tried the number on their website a few times and no answer. Seems strange them not answerin.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Birdfood

Waterford Crystal Centre does 15 swims for €50, works out at €3.33 per swim.
    Pay the €50 and get a card with the swims on that you can top up later.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Does anybody know if Spirit Gym changed their number. Tried the number on their website a few times and no answer. Seems strange them not answerin.

If you do find out let us know here. It's something I'd definitely be interested in. Could even chance approaching them with as many people interested as we can and hope for a further discount.

ziedth wrote: »
    If you do find out let us know here. It's something I'd definitely be interested in. Could even chance approaching them with as many people interested as we can and hope for a further discount.

They told me it is €200 for 6 months without the gym. Is that dear? Thought it would be less i will ring around a few more places and see if i can get it cheaper.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

same price for six months just to use the gym without using the pool as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭inlikeflynn86

Its 840744 as far as i know!!!

Does anybody know if their are any gyms where you can pay weekly with a direct debit or something. Mad to join a gym but dont have a few hundred to pay up front.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Godsentme

I'm in Kingfisher and have full membership for e400 a year swim and gym. They do direct debit as well . lil extra but for 8 euros a week from 6am to 10pm thats thbest bargain in ireland. And the facilities are great. Talk to them and you can try it out for a few days free.

The tower hotel does 6 months deals. And they do off-peak deals. Up to 5 pm or so.

Does anybody know what way the student deal works in the Kingfisher. I have a student card but i finished over a year ago so dont know whether to chance it or not. Friend said they do similar deals for people who are on social welfare. Got quoted €300 up front for the year or €40 a month by Direct Debit on a student rate that seems decent enough. But that was over phone worried their going to try increase the price when im due to call into them next Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭lassykk

Does anybody know what way the student deal works in the Kingfisher. I have a student card but i finished over a year ago so dont know whether to chance it or not. Friend said they do similar deals for people who are on social welfare. Got quoted €300 up front for the year or €40 a month by Direct Debit on a student rate that seems decent enough. But that was over phone worried their going to try increase the price when im due to call into them next Monday.

That's extirsion for going on direct debit... that would be €480 over the year on direct debit

lassykk wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Yes i know i could get the €300 up front from a loan so i would rather that. But thats a student rate im not a student anymore but have a card and i am hopeful of going back in September. Im just wondering if they are thorough on whether you are a student or not because i cant afford more than the student rate. So i dont want to call down and be put on the spot and asked for more than €300. I was told they do same rate for people who are out of work so i dont know if this is true or what to say when i call down. Obviously i would rather avoid the direct debit.

Advertisement