Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American Eagle Ammo.

Options
  • 30-05-2012 5:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭

Anyone every use these? Looking for something cheap but still want it to group well. It's for a .308. Want to shoot a few foxes but don't wanna spend as much compared to my normal ammo.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭dev110

I have used it in my .223. Never had any runners with it so I say it would be fine in .308 too.

I did this at 300 yards with the 50gr stuff.

IMAG0121.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Erk

Good going that is! Will get a box or two and see how they go :) Just on the look out for something cheap to shoot long range rabbits and few foxes. At €23 a box its the cheapest i found! If anyone knows where i could get cheaper stuff let me know please! Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 mauser1

Fingal Sports 18euro for 20rounds ppu 308 milsurp

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Alucan

Patrick carley firearms has ppu 150 grain I think he is selling them for 16 euro a box if you take a couple of boxes off him. It groups pretty well
    Just google him to get his number he opens late some evenings

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭FISMA

Erk wrote: »
    Anyone every use these? Looking for something cheap but still want it to group well. It's for a .308. Want to shoot a few foxes but don't wanna spend as much compared to my normal ammo.

I use it whenever it goes on sale [in the states]. In general, I'm more inconsistent than it. Although, I usually buy their pistol stuff.

If you're out for a fox their shouldn't be any problem inside of 200ya.

It's good stuff, just don't show up at the Creedmore with it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭fitzy700

Erk wrote: »
    Good going that is! Will get a box or two and see how they go :) Just on the look out for something cheap to shoot long range rabbits and few foxes. At €23 a box its the cheapest i found! If anyone knows where i could get cheaper stuff let me know please! Thanks.
    you can get umc's in 308 in ennis for €20 euro a box but it might be a bit far of a drive from tipp for you

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Erk

Thanks for the replies lads. Will look up them lads. I do be in Ennis a good bit during the Summer visiting so i might go in there :) Where abouts is it in Ennis btw?

Advertisement