Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cycling scene in Australia

Options
  • 30-05-2012 5:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭

Hey.

Has anyone here made the move over to Oz and does a bit of cycling?
    Just wondering what the scene is over there? Do they have lots of sportives and races like we do in Éire?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭wpd

did a bit a long time ago (the 80's)

they tend to start very early to avoid the heat and also the
    mad drivers that throw beer cans at you

They were friendly enough and organised early Sunday morning races around industrial estates in Perth

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Lucifer-0

wpd wrote: »
    they tend to start very early to avoid the heat

I actually googled "Sydney cycle club" and found a club, they gave info on all their spins and they all started at 6am!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭Sundy

I live here in Perth and do some cycling. Cycling scene is huge here. There are a good few clubs and loads of bike lanes so its a pretty safe place to cycle. A lot of the spins here start at 5.30 or 6 am. Probably because people tend to get up much earlier in general. Most people in my office start at 7.30 for example.

There is racing here in Perth, havent been to a sportive yet, there doesnt seem to be as many as home but there are some on.

Better forget about glorious days in the mountains though, non existent in WA anyway!

Advertisement