Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cork pubs

Options
  • 30-05-2012 4:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi all just wondering if anyone knows of a late bar on mondays in cork city. I`m going there 11th june for the specials gig and fancy a few pints after the show. Glenn

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

An Brog, Reardens, Old Oak and Crane Lane are the only ones I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Ronan cork

Yeah those 4 and also the slate on tuckey street which also has a roof top bar

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭fallen01angel

An Brog, Reardens, Old Oak and Crane Lane are the only ones I think.

This is a fairly comprehensive list of the late night options but if you're going to see the Specials I doubt that Rearden's gendre of music will appeal to you afterwards......:)

Ronan cork wrote: »

The Slate has a rooftop bar? I thought that the roof was for the Bowery.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

The Naildrivers are playing a post Specials gig in the Crane Lane - plenty of Ska!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Ronan cork

The Slate has a rooftop bar? I thought that the roof was for the Bowery.

Yeah it is too but when the club isn't open they use it as a free in late bar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Just to point out, Reardens/Havanas is over 21's on a Monday.

A lot of people don't know that.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Is the woolshed a late bar no?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭magicianz

Woolshed isn't unfortunately! Maybe if theres a big event or something..

Yeah it is too but when the club isn't open they use it as a free in late bar

That pretty decent. Only been up there after paying in, after being extremely drunk so don't remember it, will have to check it out sober(ish)
    Dermighty wrote: »
    Just to point out, Reardens/Havanas is over 21's on a Monday.

A lot of people don't know that.

Aye, it technically is, but it's not so strict as at the weekends, as long as you don't "look like trouble" you should be grand.
    Is the woolshed a late bar no?

Nope, they'll stay open late for things like the Superbowl, but they stop serving at 11:30 sharp for such events, they run on a restaurant licence I think.
    magicianz wrote: »
    Woolshed isn't unfortunately! Maybe if theres a big event or something..

They tried for a few late night events over the last few months but one of the Anglesea Street Superintendents specifically said no quarter would be give regardless of if they stopped serving or not AFAIK. They still showed the superbowl, but they did stop serving alcohol at 1130 sharp and all drinks were cleared by 1145 at latest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

They tried for a few late night events over the last few months but one of the Anglesea Street Superintendents specifically said no quarter would be give regardless of if they stopped serving or not AFAIK. They still showed the superbowl, but they did stop serving alcohol at 1130 sharp and all drinks were cleared by 1145 at latest.

Why were all drinks cleared at 11.45 when drink up time would be 12 on that occasion? Obviously an hour later on Friday/Saturday.

Dave147 wrote: »
    Why were all drinks cleared at 11.45 when drink up time would be 12 on that occasion? Obviously an hour later on Friday/Saturday.

I think it was a case of giving the Gardai a case of nothing to complain about.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Fuzz McG

I think it was a case of giving the Gardai a case of nothing to complain about.

If it was a Sunday you'd have to stop at 11:30 as that's the law. Everything is supposed to be a half our earlier on Sunday nights, late bars for example are supposed to finish serving at 1am and closed by 1:30 am on Sundays.

Most pubs around the city flout it and the guards look the other way. But if they're on the lookout for you specifically, then pubs tend to be careful about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭jinkybhoy

Hi - heading to Cork Saturday 24th May - do all the above pubs still apply as late bars.

Also is this the main area for pubs or is there somewhere better to go for 3 lads out for thr night?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭sensormatic

ya loafers bar lads ye will love it there great craic to be had

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭jinkybhoy

ya loafers bar lads ye will love it there great craic to be had

Thanks for that - The lads from The George told us to head there..anywhere else?

Advertisement