Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pet Friendy Cafe in Dublin

• 30-05-2012 5:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 259 ✭✭

Would anybody know of a Pet Friendly Cafe where I could sit outside with an old friend for coffee and bring my little rescue dog. I cannot leave her alone as she frets terribly-around Grafton street etc area?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Most places should have no problem with sitting outside with your dog, its inside where most places wont allow it. I wish we were more pet friendly this way. In France or Spain for example, you'll often see a pooch sitting under the table in cafes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I know people who sit outside those Italian cafes by the millenium bridge with their dogs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 259 ✭✭Dinky22

Thanks for replies. Millenium bridge wd be a bit far for little dog to walk. We would be walking from Nr. Schoolhouse in Northumberland road and friend getting Luas from Dundrum - so somewhere near city centre ie Grafton street etc area wd be as far as walk could be

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 297 ✭✭MaryK666

There's a little cafe, the name of which escapes me, on the corner of Clarendon Street and Chatham Street (just off Grafton St) that has tables outside. They do great coffee and pastries and I'm sure they'd have no problem with you having your ittle dog with you as long as you stay outside.

It can get very busy around lunchtime so mornings and afternoons are the best times.

I'd sit away from the front door though as it can be busy and you don't want your poor little dog being scared by everyone traipsing by.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Shazanne

So lovely to hear that you are so dedicated to your little rescue dog:)
    I really, really wish more people were the same.
    I have brought my two rescue dogs to cafe all over the country when we bring them away with us and have never had a problem, so I doubt Dublin could be that much different.
    Hope you all enjoy your day out:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 294 ✭✭cjf

MaryK666 wrote: »
    There's a little cafe, the name of which escapes me, on the corner of Clarendon Street and Chatham Street (just off Grafton St) that has tables outside. They do great coffee and pastries and I'm sure they'd have no problem with you having your ittle dog with you as long as you stay outside.

It can get very busy around lunchtime so mornings and afternoons are the best times.

I'd sit away from the front door though as it can be busy and you don't want your poor little dog being scared by everyone traipsing by.

+1 I thinks it's called cafe metro - I got a quick coffee there before and a staff member came out to ask if I'd like some water for my dog - think that's as pet friendly as we get over here!

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Evac101

The little cafe out the back of the Arts Supply shop on Wexford Street have been friendly to us and our two pooches on a couple of occasions if that's any use - nice leafy courtyard with tables and a roofed section for wetter days like today :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

The Barge is also friendly to dogs outside.

I'd say anywhere with tables outside wouldn't mind you sitting there with your dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭reeta

Last Summer we sat outside "Queens" in Dalkey village with our 1yr. old springer spaniel (sitting quietly on a lead under the table ) we tried to order food but were asked to leave as they do not allow dogs, even sitting outside. They were quite rude about it but it didnt matter as their service is deplorable....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭mosi

Busyfeet and Coco on South William Street (next to Cafe Metro actually) has lots of seating outside and are dog friendly - I've sat outside there with my own dogs loads of times

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

I can't see why anywhere that has tables outside would have a problem with dogs. It's outside, after all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Shhh

ALso Simons place on georges st at the arcade have a few tables outside, I've taken my little fella there. But busy feet and coco cafe is probably the best bet.. More tables. Both are lovely cafes.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Evac101

The issue, as explained to us by the Dropping Well in Milltown is that there are restrictions on pets being in areas where food is being served or prepared. Whether this is just bs to move us along or actual fact I couldn't tell you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Evac101 wrote: »
    The issue, as explained to us by the Dropping Well in Milltown is that there are restrictions on pets being in areas where food is being served or prepared. Whether this is just bs to move us along or actual fact I couldn't tell you.

Preparation, yes. Served, sounds like crap to me. I've eaten outside Gotham Cafe with my dogs loads of times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

most bar/pubs in ireland that allow dogs in them who also sell food.do not mind you having your meal in the public bar,over the years i have been allowed to take my bullie into the park vew house in shillelagh and eat for years ,in fact they welcome him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 259 ✭✭Dinky22

I want to thank you all so very much for all your replies. I met my old friend to-day and we had lovely coffees outside in Cafe Toga and spent 2 hrs there. She goes there regularly but it is really great to know of all the other cafes. I am now certainly going to try every one of them. My little dog was as quiet as a mouse as she is mute (had a terrible background being kicked - it may have been for barking - I don't know but guards had to take her away from the cruelty she was subjected to). But its great to know that I can now go out to cafes with her - Thank you all soooo very much again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,939 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

For those in the North County Gibneys in Malahide are very dog friendly (In the beer garden)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭mosi

scudzilla wrote: »
    For those in the North County Gibneys in Malahide are very dog friendly (In the beer garden)

That reminds me, the Bloody Stream in Howth also lets dogs in the beer garden. Have been there a few times, and the staff have always been very friendly towards the dogs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

plenty of bars/cafe/ in dublin you can take you pet in,check out the web site ;bring fido;

Advertisement