Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biology - Heat Denaturation experiment

• 30-05-2012 6:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 923 ✭✭✭

Hi!
    We did the experiments on like pH and Temperatire and Immobilised enzymes, but then there was one on heat denaturation in my revision book
    I dont remember doing it in school.
    Just wondering is it compulsary or an alternative or something?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

biohaiid wrote: »
    Hi!
    We did the experiments on like pH and Temperatire and Immobilised enzymes, but then there was one on heat denaturation in my revision book
    I dont remember doing it in school.
    Just wondering is it compulsary or an alternative or something?

Compulsory for honours. it's where you boil one of the catalase (assuming you use catalase) to denature it and after that follow normal experiment (with a denatured enzyme) and to compare with the regular one. (pH 9, 25* etc)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 923 ✭✭✭biohaiid

ChemHickey wrote: »
    Compulsory for honours. it's where you boil one of the catalase (assuming you use catalase) to denature it and after that follow normal experiment (with a denatured enzyme) and to compare with the regular one. (pH 9, 25* etc)
    Ohhh okay, I better cover it so. Cheers!

Advertisement