Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Damaged Passport?

Options
  • 30-05-2012 6:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi.

I was just wondering if anyone knew what condition a passport is accepted? You see I've a passport in which the cover and page to be scanned are in perfect condition. However, somehow i managed to get mouthwash on the rest of the pages. On one of these pages there were some stamps, but now there all blured together. Would I still be able to travel on this?

If anyone could help me it would be appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

I imagine you could run into problems if you visit a country which requires an entry stamp. The immigration officer may not be able to read the stamps to determine if this is your first visit or that you have a previous exit stamp.

Even though the id part is defect free I suggest you get the passport office to check it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 babybobblehead

I want to go to spain to visit some friends within the next couple of days. Would you think i'd be okay with the passport then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭An Udaras

It could be viewed by a skeptical Immigration Officer or even Airline check in staff as attempt to alter information on it, course you could just get them to sniff it for the fresh minty smell.. :D

More seriously my advice would be to consult your Airline a few days before travel a phone call to their customer service number should suffice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

I want to go to spain to visit some friends within the next couple of days. Would you think i'd be okay with the passport then?

If it's only to spain and the scanning page is intact you will be fine.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

if the last page on it (the plastic laminated one with your photo and details) is intact your okay..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,438 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

An Udaras wrote: »
    It could be viewed by a skeptical Immigration Officer or even Airline check in staff as attempt to alter information on it, course you could just get them to sniff it for the fresh minty smell.. :D

More seriously my advice would be to consult your Airline a few days before travel a phone call to their customer service number should suffice.

Agree with your first statement but it would be completely ludicrous to rely on a conversation with a call agent who hasn't seen the passport and cannot definitively say what his/her colleagues will/will not accept at check-in or at the boarding gate.

And anyway he'd probably get a new passport quicker than get through to an airline customer service number, if it even exists.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Blackrockcomet

This is a highly subjective thing. It depends entirely on the individual officer who checks your passport. Call anyone from the passport office or airline and they'll probably say the same thing, get a new one. They'll tell you this because it is the easiest and safest answer for them. This is understandable.
    I suspect that going to Spain, the passport will be fine but you never know. It just depends on how comfortable you are taking that chance.

Advertisement