Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just did my first comparative essay

• 30-05-2012 6:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 923 ✭✭✭

5 points
    28 linking phrases
    About 6 pages ..
    Is that the norm or whatever?
    I actually haven't a clue of any of this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Incompetent

I really hope you're in 6th. I've yet to do some, and I'd feel better if I wasn't the only one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 923 ✭✭✭biohaiid

I really hope you're in 6th. I've yet to do some, and I'd feel better if I wasn't the only one

Haha I am, dont worry.
    Been putting it off til' the last minute.
    That one was General Vision and Viewpoint. Iv'e been trying to do Theme/Issue for ages and I just CAN'T :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

What subject are you guys talking about, English?

What subject are you guys talking about, English?

Yep

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭_pure_mule_

Count up how many comparisons you have all together, if you have about at least 10 then your ok. Remember comparing things within the same text warrant no marks, my teacher said its amazing the amount of people who do it!:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭_pure_mule_

Count up how many comparisons you have all together, if you have about at least 10 then your ok. Remember comparing things within the same text warrant no marks, my teacher said its amazing the amount of people who do it!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Make sure you time your answer! 6 pages sound like a lot but you might not end up making that much in time for the actual paper. Give or take about 20 minutes given you could either be writing furiously or needing time to think on the day.

I have at least 15 anyways, cos I have 5 points and compare my 3 texts in each.

Kinda worrying Im writing too much now? :/

How long is a standard answer?

Advertisement