Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sweet popcorn in Dublin cinemas?

• 30-05-2012 6:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭

Has anyone come across any cinema's in Dublin that sell sweet popcorn? I don't mean sweet/toffee popcorn sold in packets, I mean proper sugary sweet popcorn you get from the counter.

I know Cineworld in Parnell street and The Savoy don't. Every where else in the world sweet popcorn is the most popular cinema treat,yet no cinema in Ireland seems to sell it?! I grew up in UK and used to have it all the time, I have massive craving for it recently!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

It was in Vue Liffey Valley the other day. I think it's a new thing there. It's in a proper heated section under the counter like the salty popcorn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Yeah it's weird, all the cinemas in the north have both sweet and salty but I've never come across any cinemas here that do it!

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭CatLou

First time I went to a cinema here in Dublin - and for that matter, first time on a cinema in Ireland - I had an awful experience :( Asked for popcorn and off I go to my seat. I taste the first one... I had assumed they would be sweet. But OK, I'm not from around here, maybe it's some sort of local thing :P
    I get up and head out to the cinema counters to ask for sweet popcorn. I couldn't believe when the girl tells me they just have those bagged toffee stuff :o

I found it almost ironic since there's candy everywhere in every kind of shop, but the cinemas don't have the classic sweet popcorn. Well, I buy a lot less popcorn now :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I've never heard of sweet popcorn beyond the toffee stuff. I have to say that it doesn't sound appealing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭Corkbah

blanchardstown have sweet or salty option...but the cinema experience there is only ok

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Funny how sweet popcorn is all I ever knew (grew up in Berlin) until I moved to Ireland where it seemed totally unheard of (until this very thread).
    They sieve icing sugar over it and to me that was the only way. Still struggling a bit to enjoy salted popcorn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

It's disgusting! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭CatLou

Salted popcorn are a bit more bearable if you have them with butter, but still not as good as the sweet ones :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Cineworld used to have it years ago. I miss it :(

Advertisement