Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which mobile network offers better deal when roaming than rip off Vodafone

Options
  • 30-05-2012 6:43pm
    Site Banned Posts: 148 ✭✭

Hi there,

I'm living in Nordic Europe now and my roaming charges are mental with Vodafone considering im only on the phone for about an hour a month.

Can anyone please advise on a better mobile provider for roaming in Europe?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭UDP

Are you not using Vodafone passport?
    Meteor have an advert at the moment where they are offering the same rates when roaming as when in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

If your living there are you not using a local operator? (Vodafone there or similar)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Mobiles & PDAs

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

You're living in Scandinavia, but roaming using an Irish phone? Stop looking for Irish roaming packages and just go into a local phone shop - you may not even need a new handset - you probably just need a sim.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,532 ✭✭✭✭fits

Not being on passport worked out much cheaper for me on a recent trip. I think its a bit of a rip off to be honest unless you're on the phone more than ten minutes at a time.

Advertisement