Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The UK Apprentice Season 8 Week 11

Options
  • 30-05-2012 7:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭

This weeks task is all about affordable luxury! This promises to be funny, especially as the "luxury products" they picks to my mind lack a bit of originality.

Depending on what they do for the final this year my money for the final two goes on Ricky and Tom for the final two! You heard it here first folks :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I still haven't stopped laughing at Stephen getting fired last week when he was fully sure he was safe :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

Paully D wrote: »
    I still haven't stopped laughing at Stephen getting fired last week when he was fully sure he was safe :pac:

He fully deserved it, acted like such a twit...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,478 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Jade can sit on her bum this week. She's the only girl left so there's not a chance in hell she won't be in the final!

What brands are they coming up with for the products...
    For the chocolates they need something to indicate luxury, like decadence or indulgence!
    The boys range should be something kinda french sounding, cash in a bit on the L'oreal thing!

Drunken Jellies???? WTF?

That's not luxury, it's very night out, get drunk and puke in the alleyway kinda thing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

Tom's logo looks a bit like Burberry. He's running the team really.

Adam's total uselessness has resurfaced tonight although 'Chocolate Bar' actually had potential for a brand.

Tom's logo looks a bit like Burberry. He's running the team really.

Adam's total uselessness has resurfaced tonight although 'Chocolate Bar' actually had potential for a brand.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

Was wracking my brain trying to think what it reminded me of!!!!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Quick, smell my finger!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Their presentation seemed good, Adam should be fun presenting!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Cringe!

• Advertisement

Adam - Cringetastic!

How are they going to sell alcohol in shopping centers?

Their presentation seemed good, Adam should be fun presenting!!

He's a bit nervous alright...

Why didn't they mention the jellys and the cocktails with a girls night in!

That guy has some moustache

Not so sure who looses on this one! I thought in some aspects they both did ok!

Jade selling herself well there!

Adam surely has to go.

But then again, I said that the week of the meatballs task and he dodged that bullet.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭noveltea

no treat???

That' Bridge Cafe seems to be open 24hrs! That's one helluva business maybe LS should invest in that!

That would be hard to wait the night not knowing.

Oh God! Adam is such a pillock.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Adam would have a broken jaw by now if he spoke about me like that while sitting next to me.

Poor Aul Adam, but that "keep in touch" line is probably worth more to him than the 250k investment!

Oh God! Adam is such a pillock.

I thought that at the beginning, but he really did change my mind, he's a good skin, doesn't always get to grasps with whats going on, but he has built himself up to having properties near he lives from leaving school at a young age!

I can't wait to see him on Dara!

Delighted he's gone but a little disappointed that I won't get to see the Margaret Mountford reaction to the misogynistic comment he would undoubtedly have made at some stage during their interview!!!

And of course just like Tom, all that will matter is who has the best business idea out of the 4 of them - my guess is Nick (although of course there are 10 million people out there who can use computers like him, right Adam?)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Tom and Nick have really gone under the radar in getting the final. Neither has impressed me a whole lot. Ricky and Jade are deserving finalists in my opinion.

I think Ricky would be almost guaranteed to win it if it was the old format as he's the best candidate, but the new format means whoever has the best business plan will win, unless they make an absolutely huge mistake in the earlier weeks.

Don't forget lads

THE FINAL
    IS
    ON SUNDAY THE 3RD OF JUNE 8.30PM

Other wise you'll be all lonely here next Wednesday ;)

Paully D wrote: »
    Tom and Nick have really gone under the radar in getting the final. Neither has impressed me a whole lot. Ricky and Jade are deserving finalists in my opinion.

I think Ricky would be almost guaranteed to win it if it was the old format as he's the best candidate, but the new format means whoever has the best business plan will win, unless they make an absolutely huge mistake in the earlier weeks.

I wouldn't agree. I think Tom is an extremely talented contestant - he grasped tasks in a way that few contestants do (although if you watch this show every year, you should get it by now), but his fatal flaw is his arrogance. He tried to impress the street artist with his knowledge, did it again with the wine experts and again with the grooming salon guy and in all cases he didn't really listen to them. I do think in part this is down to his youth - he's trying to hard to impress rather than express and if he can learn from this, he'll do well.

Nick's flaw is his unwillingness to generate conflict - sometimes you just have to and he's not comfortable with it. I'd blame that hippy Swiss upbringing :) But he is very wise for his years - he just needs a haircut.

PS - LOVED Ruby Wax taking a chunk out of Adam on You're Fired!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

well i liked adam :( but, compared to the other 4, he had to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

I think it was Adam's time to go. He's a fairly likeable guy but he's esentially a salesman and had run his course. The strongest 4 are probably in the final. Have to admit I do like Jade. She's decent at what she does and takes criticism well. Her accent bugs the hell out of me though.

• Advertisement

Really looking forward to the final, I got to like Adam over the last few weeks, bit of a cheeky chappie about him. Not a fan of Tom, can't explain it, but eek.... Ricky I really like, think he is an honest, decent, hardworking guy. Jade, could take her or leave her, no opinio on her. Nick, kind of guy you would like to take home to your mum, not sure how he would be as a business partner to Lord Alan, he needs to toughen up and be ruthless. Love the interview programme, looking forward to seeing Margaret's facial expressions. See you all on Sunday night!!

Advertisement