Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield Premium appears

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

grizzly wrote: »
    Is there any advantage to buying this before the first DLC pack is released (cheaper/unlocks)?
    You get the CQ guns now (by completing some easy assignments), but you have to wait with everyone else for the maps.

I bought Premium today, I was reluctant given DICE's poor record on fixing bugs and being money grabbing f*cks. But I thought about it and BF3 is still fun, hopefully the new content of maps and guns will be fun. I can see myself pouring in another 100+ hours (220 hours right now since release), so the EUR to hours played ratio is actually pretty good compared to whatever else I might spend my money on.
    I still feel slightly dirty though.

anyway, on PC with premuim we can play close quarters from 12th?
    ands whats with that "premium" option on servers?
    Yeah, PC plays CQs from 12th, PS3 ppl playing it now.
    Premium option on servers is an option for server admins to limit their server to Premium players only. I think it'll allow for those Double XP weekends.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭thc4me

Premium for 19 euros/25 dollars... need to use a brazilian proxy
    Thread was deleted on reddit but can still be read here: http://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield3/comments/umask/want_premium_for_just_25/
    Doubt it will last!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I'm thinking I might pick this up for a couple of reasons. I don't play as much BF3 as I used to but still really enjoy the game and would hate to be in a situation where if I get a notion to play and join with some people here and not have the map or whatever. Having to go and buy the thing and wait for it to download will be an annoyance. There's a lot to be said for the convenience of the thing - pay now once and not have to worry about making sure I remember to check if there's an expansion coming (ok, it's likely I'll spot it cause I keep an eye on this forum anyway), but I don't have the sort of time I used to have for things and if this brings the total I've spent on this game up to €80, well I think that's not an unreasonable amount of money for what amounts to quite a lot of content that based on existing work, I'm quite likely going to enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

I've not played this for a few months, so these new maps will get me back into it. I think I've put in 100 hours so the price should be well worth it.

thc4me did you get it at that price? Looks like they shut it down after a few hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭thc4me

Yeah I got it for that price no problem, so did a lot of other people.
    I'd say its worth trying because people were saying it wasn't working and assuming the loophole had been closed while I ordered it, I think people were using bad proxies or their credit card company stopped the payment assuming it was fraud because of the purchase from "Brazil". No tricks or changing location, just use a brazilian proxy that supports https, and order it through the origin website, not the origin client. Using the registered credit card address.
    I had no trouble, using my sisters Irish credit card to purchase premium in Sweden (live here) from "Brazil".
    It just took about an hour to update on Battlelog.
    I'm happy with it, was never gonna pay full price, cant afford to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

I could buy Diablo 3 (will probably pick it up in a years time or before an expansion)

Don't even bother!

BF3 > D3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

I have to say Hardcore mode is a lot more balanced since this patch came out. Deaths are a lot swifter but med boxes, ammo boxes and grenades dont lag like they used to.

Good work Dice.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

One small thing that bugs me: when you're killed it now proudly says if they're a premium player or not under their name/tags area. This just rubs me the wrong way despite having premium myself. Whether someone has premium or not has no relevance to how/why they killed you, they're just rubbing it in your face, and I'd imagine it must be even more irritating for a non-premium player.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I think they meant it for the opposite way...to shame you when you're killed by a non-premium player.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

Its just another way to make sure its in your face!

Only other place its advertised is in the main menu so they must just be trying to get more face time for it..

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭jaykay2

In case anyone was unable to get premium through the Brazilian site, it is now available at half price through the origin india site.

Just use a proxy to get the Indian version and put it in your cart. Continue on to payment page and then disconnect your proxy and login to your account and finish paying.

Managed to do this an hour ago but the ability to buy like this may not stay around long. As a result of everyone purchasing through the Brazilian site, EA have since doubled the price in brazil.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I bought Premium yesterday myself, felt bloody dirty in doing so aswell, but it had to be done.... :/

Im a total n00b at Battlefield in general and Bf3 was my first BF purchase, I got it when it was cheap around Xmas -

Anyhow - im just wondering, if I reset all my stats will I lose all my guns?

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭jaykay2

Fieldog wrote: »
    I bought Premium yesterday myself, felt bloody dirty in doing so aswell, but it had to be done.... :/

Im a total n00b at Battlefield in general and Bf3 was my first BF purchase, I got it when it was cheap around Xmas -

I'm not speaking from experience but I don't think your unlocks are reset. Only your stats for kills/deaths and a couple other parameters.

I read about others doing it on Reddit Battlefield.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

jaykay2 wrote: »
    I'm not speaking from experience but I don't think your unlocks are reset. Only your stats for kills/deaths and a couple other parameters.

I read about others doing it on Reddit Battlefield.

That would be great, I dont fancy losing what guns ive earned so far either, as someone who played 10 or so years of Halo and moving to a totally different type of shooter this feature would be welcomed by sh1tty stats, lol

:pac:

Fieldog wrote: »
    I think it just resets your score-per-minute, accuracy, k/d ratio, win/loss ratio. So it would affect Medals and awards like that.
    I don't think it affect unlocks or gun attachments or vehicle perks you have already got. Not 100% sure about this though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

It resets:
    Score/Min
    W/L ratio
    Accuracy
    K/D ratio

That's about it. Clicking the reset stats button tells you this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Wow, what a crock of sh1t !
    People getting priority in queues etc ?

We get told to buy the game early to get access to B2K etc, and now we are asked to pay again to get early access to more stuff, at full price ?

Such scumbags

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

I wasn't really going to get premium but I liked the new assignments and am now proudly sporting the Jack tags :)
    It's pretty much the only game I play online and the way I see it between the beta, main game and B2K I have racked up a crazy amount of hours for what was a very reasonably priced special edition, so as far as I'm concerned premium is just a bonus for preordering DLC's I probably would have bought anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Joeface

oh well skint as i am it will be map packs only for me so i will never have the premium status. It should just have been new maps as the war moves on.and maybe new weapons not this elite rubbish . The "oh look at my fancy knife and pink camo " is just awfull.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭mick-fitz8585

Joeface wrote: »
    oh well skint as i am it will be map packs only for me so i will never have the premium status. It should just have been new maps as the war moves on.and maybe new weapons not this elite rubbish . The "oh look at my fancy knife and pink camo " is just awfull.

Just do what i did by it using a proxy i bought mine from india for 1500R which is 21.66E
    works out just a little over what one expansion will cost you.

If u need help il help u do it

• Registered Users Posts: 11,683 ✭✭✭✭klose

The new knife looks like a stanley blade.

I dont get the hate its recieving though? :confused: Its a good service tbf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 AdventRises

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Wow, what a crock of sh1t !
    People getting priority in queues etc ?

We get told to buy the game early to get access to B2K etc, and now we are asked to pay again to get early access to more stuff, at full price ?

Such scumbags

Its the whole 'dlc debate' aint it ...
    Whats reasonable and whats a rip off.

Personally, Battlefield 3's dlc seems reasonable in how they are structuring it. The game shipped 8 months ago and people are given a choice between buying new dlc all as one (premium) or per dlc. Thats ok imo :)

However, there has been alot of scumbaggery with dlc in other games. Paying for content thats already on the disk or paying for something that comes out launch day (or a week later) No excuse for that. Feels such a rip off.

The most worrying part for me at the moment is that Close Quarters looks to be what we all expected and Armoured Kill should hopefully be what we want from the little we have seen in previews/released details.
    But we know nothing about the last 2 DLCs. It would be very easy for EA/DICE to **** those up and not give a **** since they have all the Premium money already.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Lafortezza wrote: »
    The most worrying part for me at the moment is that Close Quarters looks to be what we all expected and Armoured Kill should hopefully be what we want from the little we have seen in previews/released details.
    But we know nothing about the last 2 DLCs. It would be very easy for EA/DICE to **** those up and not give a **** since they have all the Premium money already.

Wouldn't that be a breach of T&C's though?

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭papajimsmooth

Just do what i did by it using a proxy i bought mine from india for 1500R which is 21.66E
    works out just a little over what one expansion will cost you.

If u need help il help u do it

Does this still work?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

Lafortezza wrote: »

Not everybody will have Premium so it's in their best interests to place nice. Premium users get 2 weeks early access. That is more than enough time to tell everybody not on Premium that the last DLC packs are cons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Herrick

Would someone know if its possible to buy Premium from other sources bar the Xbox Marketplace? Is it possible to get a Premium code through Origin and redeem it on the Xbox?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 AdventRises

Herrick wrote: »
    Would someone know if its possible to buy Premium from other sources bar the Xbox Marketplace? Is it possible to get a Premium code through Origin and redeem it on the Xbox?

Interesting question dude. I too am on xbox 360 and would love a cheaper option.

**edit**

Ok. just spent the last 20 mins searching this up. Big thanks to this boards thread here

Battlefield 3 premium costs 4000 MS points. Which, if you buy MS points directly from xbox live will cost you €48 euro (2 x 2000 points at €24 each) or €44.99 from GameStop for 4200 points.

If you buy MS points from one of the sites from the boards link (http://www.cheapxboxlivecodes.com/cheap-microsoft-points/microsoft-4200-points/) it will cost you €37.33 for 4200 points. Good news is the code is sent to your email so no P&P. So you can save a tenner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Bought this today, It better be worth the money or by jesus EA, I will not be happy!

Advertisement