Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My forums after logout

Options
  • 30-05-2012 8:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭

Just noticed this. I'm using Beta skin. When I log out I can hover over the My Forums menu and it shows all the forums I'm subscribed to. Not a massive deal for me but it could result in people being able see what private forums people are in even after logging out. I generally close Chrome afterwards anyway but thought I'd mention it.

[edit]You can't actually get to any private forums - the logout works. It just displays them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Orion wrote: »
    Just noticed this. I'm using Beta skin. When I log out I can hover over the My Forums menu and it shows all the forums I'm subscribed to. Not a massive deal for me but it could result in people being able see what private forums people are in even after logging out. I generally close Chrome afterwards anyway but thought I'd mention it.

[edit]You can't actually get to any private forums - the logout works. It just displays them.

Yes this is the same with me on chrome but a quick f5 after I logout sorts it for me though.

Actually noticed this yesterday myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Paddy

Orion wrote: »

I'm guessing that you mean the page that says "Congratulations you have logged out, etc" still show's My Forums, since you can't be logged out and still have the beta skin.

I'm afraid that there's not much we can do in the Beta skin to fix this as the menu has already been generated by the time the logout action happens. I don't see it as much of problem anyway, you just need to browse to another page and it will be gone. Also, we are working on a new menu/skin that won't have this problem as user specific stuff will be generated by additional XHR calls that will obey the session cookie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

You do still have the beta skin after logout. Yes - a refresh or page change sorts it as does my normal action of closing the browser. Screenie attached.

Like I said - because of the above it's not a major issue, I was just mentioning it. Looks like you have it in hand anyway :)

93135.png

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement